Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.2

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process in Amazon in very strong. There are almost 9 rounds for each level. 3 telephonic and 5-6 onsite

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2012.

Interview

very long interview process

work profile

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview tests problem solving skills. more problem solving skills ensue with specific technical focus. once phone screens are cleared, on-site interviews gauge candidate against core leadership principles of the company. for technical interviews, deep technical questions (think yegge).

Interview Questions

• you are designing an elevator system. describe how and what you would design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Amazon is intense. For multiple management roles, I've had 7-8 interviews each time. My experiences with the people has always been positive. I've been welcomed and interviewers have been engaged and interested during the process. The questions are tough and the expectations are very high. Be prepared to get outside your comfort zone in the interviews. I appreciate that the interviews push you beyond your norm as that's what working at Amazon is like.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer drew on the dry erase board and had me work through various puzzles. He wanted to see my thought process and how I work through challenging situations - was I able to think outside the box, come up with viable solutions, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lille (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Lille (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

- d'abord contact téléphonique, puis tests en ligne, et enfin série d'entretiens sur place après une visite rapide du site
    - débutés à ~9h, terminés à ~17h sans prendre de pause (pas de repas de midi)
    - une personne était absente, cela s'est transformé en entretien téléphonique avec une autre personne avec un son assez médiocre...

Interview Questions

• questions très orientées sur les principes de leadership d'amazon   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2017.

Interview

telefonisch interview na online sollicitatie en na reactie per mail waarin interview afspraak werk voorgesteld . dit telefonisch interview vond ca. 3 weken na sollicitatie plaats en ik wacht momenteel op antwoord. De functie in Madrid bidet momenteel geen match vanwege eisen die gesteld worden aan het goed beheersen van de Spaanse taal. gekeken wordt of er buiten Spanje mogelijkheden zijn.

Interview Questions

• hoe ga je om met klanten in moelijke situaties en geef hiervan voorbeelden
      waarom kijk je naar carriere groei bij Amazon en niet bij je huidige werkgever?
      waarom kijk je naar werken op locatie in het buitenland en niet bij je huidige werkgever?
      geef je huidige salaris indicatie en ben je bereid minder te accepteren
      interesse om buiten Spanje voor Amazon te werken?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

You will have to answers questions about how you manage different situations, then you will have a phone interview, and then a math problem, and you are timed while taking this test and asked these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if two associates were arguing and getting hostile.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I shouldn't have been in the process if they knew upfront that they couldn't meet my salary requirements that I clearly communicated multiple times. It was a complete waste of my time, waste of their money and waste of energy that frustrated me because as a potential employee they didn't take into consideration me.

Interview Questions

Their idea of compensation isn't in line with the industry. Their CEO needs to revamp his idea on how to compensate his current employees and possible future employees.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephonic conversation with HR personnel. Was a screening round. Have not heard from them again. I have received calls regarding the same role through multiple consultants though. Not sure what to make of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR, stating that the position I had applied for was gone but they wanted to interview me for another position. I accepted and began what I remember as a fairly lengthy interview process. I spoke with HR, then maybe a week or two later I spoke with the person who would be my manager. He seemed nice, but the interviews were over the phone and I thought it was a little weird that nobody wanted to see me in person for any of the 3 or 4 interviews that were scheduled. I did what they asked and continued to interview over the phone. We got into long conversations about their work processes which seemed very interesting and things seemed to be going well but they wound up choosing someone else after what I remember as being 2 months of doing phone interviews.