Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

You will have to answers questions about how you manage different situations, then you will have a phone interview, and then a math problem, and you are timed while taking this test and asked these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if two associates were arguing and getting hostile.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I shouldn't have been in the process if they knew upfront that they couldn't meet my salary requirements that I clearly communicated multiple times. It was a complete waste of my time, waste of their money and waste of energy that frustrated me because as a potential employee they didn't take into consideration me.

Interview Questions

Their idea of compensation isn't in line with the industry. Their CEO needs to revamp his idea on how to compensate his current employees and possible future employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR, stating that the position I had applied for was gone but they wanted to interview me for another position. I accepted and began what I remember as a fairly lengthy interview process. I spoke with HR, then maybe a week or two later I spoke with the person who would be my manager. He seemed nice, but the interviews were over the phone and I thought it was a little weird that nobody wanted to see me in person for any of the 3 or 4 interviews that were scheduled. I did what they asked and continued to interview over the phone. We got into long conversations about their work processes which seemed very interesting and things seemed to be going well but they wound up choosing someone else after what I remember as being 2 months of doing phone interviews.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. Not too difficult and nothing special from what I could tell.

The process was basic with an initial phone screen, followed by a few more phone interviews, then an in person interview. They utilize a standard bar raiser interview system.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Linux boot process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

normal process, submitted resume online, did phone screen with hiring manager, and went for onsite interview, met 5 people with bar raiser.

Bar raiser is expected for most interviews. Bar raiser is people outside your hiring department. They will ask challenging questions.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about a week after applying online and set up a phone interview for the following week. Interview was fairly standard... asked me to walk through resume, described the role in more detail, asked basic interview questions.

Be sure to discuss how your skills and background fit into their leadership principles. The interviewer specifically said, "the fact that you already landed an interview means we think you're smart and can do the job. I'm more interested in whether your leadership style fits with us." He also mentioned that for the Manager level and above they look for "Bar Raisers" meaning that every new hire needs to raise the bar for that role across the organization. They are looking for people who can come in on day 1 and perform better than 50% of the people already doing that job. It's a solid measurement tool for an organization that's growing at such a rapid pace, but it also means that you may take a lower title than where you are now based on how you rank.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some difficult coaching opportunities with your team? How did you handle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

two phone interviews from two different teams.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, not sure what they wanted, but the questions were normal.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2012.

Interview

Process started with a recruiter coordinating a phone interview to screen. First call was basic with information about background on the company and the specifics of the team the position was for with a second level manager from within AWS. Second interview was setup days later with a technical team member to review technical depth of each candidate.

Great discussion and good communication throughout the process. Interview for the managers is technical after the first introduction so if you aren't a 'coding' manager or have some recent experience it may be a struggle for you.

Interview Questions

• First interview questions were on background and experience. (Real basic questions just getting to know you) Second interview was around fibbonacci sequence and how to develop code to compute. Last was around differences between basic data structures in object oriented languages.   Answer Question

Different position that I thought I was applying for. (Front line manager and was expecting more of a director level from the description). Good organization and strong spirit of innovation and technical contribution.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of two phone interviews and three one on one interviews. Interview consisted of writing a two page paper on two different topics. A two panel interviews: first working though math problem and then changes to the math problem in the interview process. Then interview consisted of answering behavioral interview questions and then being allowed to ask questions. Still waiting on response from interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Have had a few phone interviews so far. Was contacted by a recruiter after applying to positions on-line. Interviewers are friendly, smart and seem to know what they are about. Interview questions are focused on gaining a clear understanding of my skills and potential.