Amazon Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

it is a limbo, with no light at the end of the tunnel. most mismanaged interview process. take endless rounds of long interviews and then vanish in thin air. no value of the employees time and no respect for them either. everything is you skill of mugging up their 14 principals and fitting them with right examples. no other skill what so ever or experience is required and if you are from a pedigree college that also is not needed. one word PATHETIC

Interview Questions

• Generic questions to judge fitment   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask star based questions. Using situation task action and result. used specific examples on the questions. there was also a short math test. after completing the test the interviewer changed the numbers and made me go through it in my head without a calculator. It was very easy. interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after sending my CV I had an online test. A week after I received the invitation to a phone interview with the recruiter. Recruiter was very professional, asked right questions about my previous jobs, situational questions, questions about my plans and objectives for the future. Overall it was a very friendly and constructive interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Amazon?
      Tell me about your current role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

30 min telephone interview with (1) Math question and about 4 Behavioral questions. Worst interviewer I have ever had. Very unprofessional with a "cocky" attitude. While this company maybe on the up with its "ecommerce' bravado, I am glad I did not get a second interview. This place is nothing more than a glorified warehouse. Amazon might be a good place for a new college grad but, if you are Mid Career this is not the place for you. My interviewer clearly could care less about the interview, was not prepared to conduct an interview and could not answer any of my questions clearly or "concise" as they advertise when they set you up for an interview. Waste of time talking to a 12 year old in an interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and (1) Math problem. Very simple questions and math problem. Nothing related to the position and of minimal value to the position I was interviewing for. Very unprofessional interview structure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

You will have to answers questions about how you manage different situations, then you will have a phone interview, and then a math problem, and you are timed while taking this test and asked these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation if two associates were arguing and getting hostile.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I shouldn't have been in the process if they knew upfront that they couldn't meet my salary requirements that I clearly communicated multiple times. It was a complete waste of my time, waste of their money and waste of energy that frustrated me because as a potential employee they didn't take into consideration me.

Interview Questions

Their idea of compensation isn't in line with the industry. Their CEO needs to revamp his idea on how to compensate his current employees and possible future employees.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

3 interviews: two telephone (HR and hiring manager) and one in-house interview with 4 interviewers (2 on the phone, 2 face-to-face).

First phone interview revised CV, current job, experience, etc.
    Second phone interview was about specifics on the job, what would I do, examples of my experience... Following the Amazon leadership principles.
    Thirds interview with 4 panel members reviewed how I have applied the leadership principles during my career. Examples of situations to justify 2 principles per interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you have failed and what you did to overcome.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Telephonic conversation with HR personnel. Was a screening round. Have not heard from them again. I have received calls regarding the same role through multiple consultants though. Not sure what to make of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR, stating that the position I had applied for was gone but they wanted to interview me for another position. I accepted and began what I remember as a fairly lengthy interview process. I spoke with HR, then maybe a week or two later I spoke with the person who would be my manager. He seemed nice, but the interviews were over the phone and I thought it was a little weird that nobody wanted to see me in person for any of the 3 or 4 interviews that were scheduled. I did what they asked and continued to interview over the phone. We got into long conversations about their work processes which seemed very interesting and things seemed to be going well but they wound up choosing someone else after what I remember as being 2 months of doing phone interviews.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

You have to be prepared to invest pretty much time in attending all the interviews and doing the tasks that they send you beforehand. I have talked to 8 people in total, 3 were the phone screenings with top managers and other 6 on site spending a day at their office. One of these 8 interviewers was an HR person that only asked about the current salary and when could be my starting day. No other personality related questions from anybody. All they are interested into is the specific previous experience that you have related to the job in question. One of the interviews on site was a business case scenario that I was given 1 hour time to solve. Pretty challenging one.

Eventually I didn´t get the job. The overall experience is negative due to the fact that after investing so much time in meeting the people, talking time to talk on phone with them, preparing the tasks at home that they sent, all I received was an automated reply that Unfortunately I was not successful, good luck in your future career. Even though I was promised a call with feedback and final answer, as I think it should be passing through all the stages of the interview process. They also mention in that automated e-mail "Please note that at this stage of the process it is not Amazon policy to provide specific or individual feedback, we hope you understand." Well then I sincerely do not understand at what stage they do provide it, as I was told I was at the last stage of the process.

I guess Amazon does not understand that candidates are their customers as well and by providing a bad candidate experience they also damage their business and lose clients as they don´t want to help grow the business that treats that wrong.

Interview Questions

• All were related to past experiences, each interviewer was evaluating different competencies based on Amazon´s leadership principles. Normally the questions would start: Tell me a particular situation where you had to do X in order to achieve Y.   Answer Question