Amazon Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy and actually off-putting. I wasn't sure I wanted to go through with it. First, a recruiter contacted me. She told me they liked my application and wanted to set up a phone interview. She asked for good days/times and the best phone number. I provided all of that (and I provided the correct number). She replied and said that info would be forwarded to the NEXT recruiter who would contact me...

Several days later a second recruiter did contact me. She gave me the name of the person who would be interviewing me by phone. She provided a date and time...and she quoted back to me the wrong number. I replied, telling her that was the wrong number...but she didn't respond.

So, I waited a couple of days (I had about four days before the interview would take place). I replied to the second recruiter again, and then emailed the first recruiter. No responses, but on the correct day and time, I was called by the interviewer.

That person said the recruiter would be back in contact, because she was interested in having me interview with her boss.

I waited. And I waited.

Then maybe ten days later I received an odd email from a THIRD recruiter, saying there was a problem with my phone number...she had tried to call me. I explained that it wasn't my phone number...it was whoever had relayed it...I gave her the correct number.

Then, the next day I started receiving texts about the next interview. Very hurried, as in, 'Can we speak now?' At that point, it was 6 PM my time and I was on the way out the door to walk my dogs. I had to reply (to someone I didn't know...) that I was unavailable. She countered with the next morning.

The next morning she called, and it turned out to be the person I was supposed to interview with, the head of the dept.

We spoke briefly and she said they'd like me to fly to DC for an in-person interview...and that a recruiter would be in touch.

Nearly two weeks later a recruiter finally got in touch, asking me for dates I'd be available.

They scheduled me for another two weeks later...the recruiter told me a 'Lead' recruiter would get in touch, to tell me all about what to expect in the interview process. She scheduled a time for that. He never called. Rescheduled. He never called.

Finally got to DC. Terrible hiccups on the credit card/expense reports (still haven't been paid for all my expenses)...

The interview process was nearly all day. You spend about 45 minutes with each person, even have a 'lunch buddy' that takes you to lunch...they take notes the whole time on a laptop (can be a little odd...)...

Didn't hear back for nearly four weeks. I finally contacted my recruiter, who pawned me off on someone else, and he sent me a form letter, saying they were sorry...etc, etc.

Did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The ask you to exemplify all the Amazon Principles, so make sure you know these...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick process. Applied online. HR set up an interview via email within a few days. HR provides you with information about the company to review prior to the interview. Amazon wants to ascertain that prospective employees are aware of the distinctive corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, walk me through your current role. How do you manage priorities, how do you handle challenges. Tell me about a system or process you improved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple phone screens lead up to the chance of an in person interview. You'll likely begin with a recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager, then someone on his/her team, all prior to any in person interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed a project and failed and how you moved forward or what you learned from the experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview. This consisted of pretty generic questions about what I was currently doing, what I was looking for, etc. A few days after that I spoke with the hiring manager, which got into more details about the actual role. Following this conversation they flew me to Seattle for an all day interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager made a recommendation in a meeting that you didn't agree with?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Recruited to apply via an email from recruiter saying the hiring manager saw my resume and was interested. Had my first phone interview with a peer - lasted an hour. A lot of behavioral and case study type of questions.

Received an email from the recruiter a few days later saying I made it to the second round of phone interviews and I had to complete "homework" for it.

I spend 3 hours preparing "homework" (campaign analysis, test recommendation and campaign recommendation) and send to the recruiter 2 days before my interview.

That night I received an email saying the role has been filled. WORST interview experience ever, so rude and inconsiderate of my time. At least give me a curtesy second phone interview to go over all the work I prepared.

Interview Questions

• Case study: what would you do to sell this certain product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Several rounds of phone interviews, excel/word document exercises and then finally in person interviews with 6 people. Everyone except the final HR person was really nice. The questions were all pertinent to the position. Everyone asked the same questions - maybe to suss out any liars. I was not happy with the HR person because she insisted on knowing how much I made and I refused to tell her upon which she got combative/threatening with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts/competition with other departments to get on the home page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews: HR, hiring manager, another manager. Process was fluid and they were very responsive. My schedule was chaotic, but they were very flexible with the time scheduling, it was the only reason why the interview process was long. Overall, very quick and had no issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

Give me a situation when the team didn't agree with your idea. How did you influence them to see the project through?

Can you describe a time when things didn't go your way and how did you handle it?

Can you share a time when you had to make a quick decision and the impact it had.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Painful. The recruiter reached out to me and asked my salary needs in order to make the move to Seattle. I told them a large number because I liked living in Atlanta, but to my surprise, she didn't flinch and asked me to do two phone interviews which went very well. A few weeks later I was flown into a regional in-person interview in Nashville. I was put into a cheap hotel a full hour away from the hotel my interview would be at 8am. Once I drive across town, the interviewer comes into the room and mentions that my income request I gave the recruiter weeks ago was too high, and that they never pay people that much. THEN WHY DID YOU WASTE MY TIME? I was never reimbursed for the hotel room. I was pretty pissed off, and my interviewer just laughed and told me that's not an uncommon response to their process.

Interview Questions

• If Jeff told you that you have a million dollars for any project, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • How would you make the kindle more profitable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Couple phone screens then in person. 6 Behavioral Interviews. No Breaks. No time for asking them questions. Was there from 9 am - 2 pm. Some people were fun, most were delusional and self absorbed.

Interview Questions

• Everything around their leadership principles.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online, received a few weeks later an email from the recruiting team to set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Call lasted an hour, a lot of "tell me of a time" questions. Hiring manager didn't provide next steps.