Amazon Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.6

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied in may, beginning of July I received a call from a recruiter. Interviewed with recruiter, then a phone interview with a field manager, then an in person interview day with 2 separate interviews. That was then followed up with one final interview and a few days after an offer! I did negotiate offer and am happy to start!

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared for lots of STAR behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

An initial phone screening with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview and in-person interviews. Half-way through the in-person interview I was informed that the position was changed from a Marketing Manager to "Marketing Specialist." Not only did the title change, but the role itself was much more junior. The recruiter later informed me that although the team thought I exemplified all of the Amazon Leadership Principles, they thought I was over-qualified for the Marketing "Specialist" role. Moving forward, I encourage the Amazon recruiters to keep the candidate informed if the position changes. I was very disappointed in the lack of communication and felt blind sighted.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a situation when you were managing two competing priorities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy and actually off-putting. I wasn't sure I wanted to go through with it. First, a recruiter contacted me. She told me they liked my application and wanted to set up a phone interview. She asked for good days/times and the best phone number. I provided all of that (and I provided the correct number). She replied and said that info would be forwarded to the NEXT recruiter who would contact me...

Several days later a second recruiter did contact me. She gave me the name of the person who would be interviewing me by phone. She provided a date and time...and she quoted back to me the wrong number. I replied, telling her that was the wrong number...but she didn't respond.

So, I waited a couple of days (I had about four days before the interview would take place). I replied to the second recruiter again, and then emailed the first recruiter. No responses, but on the correct day and time, I was called by the interviewer.

That person said the recruiter would be back in contact, because she was interested in having me interview with her boss.

I waited. And I waited.

Then maybe ten days later I received an odd email from a THIRD recruiter, saying there was a problem with my phone number...she had tried to call me. I explained that it wasn't my phone number...it was whoever had relayed it...I gave her the correct number.

Then, the next day I started receiving texts about the next interview. Very hurried, as in, 'Can we speak now?' At that point, it was 6 PM my time and I was on the way out the door to walk my dogs. I had to reply (to someone I didn't know...) that I was unavailable. She countered with the next morning.

The next morning she called, and it turned out to be the person I was supposed to interview with, the head of the dept.

We spoke briefly and she said they'd like me to fly to DC for an in-person interview...and that a recruiter would be in touch.

Nearly two weeks later a recruiter finally got in touch, asking me for dates I'd be available.

They scheduled me for another two weeks later...the recruiter told me a 'Lead' recruiter would get in touch, to tell me all about what to expect in the interview process. She scheduled a time for that. He never called. Rescheduled. He never called.

Finally got to DC. Terrible hiccups on the credit card/expense reports (still haven't been paid for all my expenses)...

The interview process was nearly all day. You spend about 45 minutes with each person, even have a 'lunch buddy' that takes you to lunch...they take notes the whole time on a laptop (can be a little odd...)...

Didn't hear back for nearly four weeks. I finally contacted my recruiter, who pawned me off on someone else, and he sent me a form letter, saying they were sorry...etc, etc.

Did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The ask you to exemplify all the Amazon Principles, so make sure you know these...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a little over 4 weeks. I applied online and the recruiter reached out via email to schedule an interview with the senior recruiter and two direct members of the marketing team (including the hiring manager) thereafter. After a few days, I was invited to an onsite interview for a full day. The onsite interview took place over a span of 6 hours, with an hour-long lunch break in between. 5 out of the 6 meetings would involve interviewers that would work directly with the position. Most of the questions were behavioral in nature, but one interviewer (of whom would work with this manager position directly) asked direct questions about the required skills. While everyone else was kind and eager to share what they love about the company, this interviewer came off as abrasive. He would ask pointed questions and when I would answer them directly, he tried to poke holes through my examples. I've heard about the one interviewer that would make the final decision so I prepared myself, but I did not expect the obvious condescension.

Aside from the one interviewer, my communication with the recruiter and the team was great. At first, the position felt like a fit, but I knew immediately that I wouldn't take the job if offered after my experience with the one interviewer (since the role would directly work with him). Alas, I wasn't offered the job but was glad to not have to make that decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone disagreed with your decision and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick process. Applied online. HR set up an interview via email within a few days. HR provides you with information about the company to review prior to the interview. Amazon wants to ascertain that prospective employees are aware of the distinctive corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, walk me through your current role. How do you manage priorities, how do you handle challenges. Tell me about a system or process you improved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple phone screens lead up to the chance of an in person interview. You'll likely begin with a recruiter, then a phone screen with the hiring manager, then someone on his/her team, all prior to any in person interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed a project and failed and how you moved forward or what you learned from the experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial phone interview. This consisted of pretty generic questions about what I was currently doing, what I was looking for, etc. A few days after that I spoke with the hiring manager, which got into more details about the actual role. Following this conversation they flew me to Seattle for an all day interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager made a recommendation in a meeting that you didn't agree with?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Recruited to apply via an email from recruiter saying the hiring manager saw my resume and was interested. Had my first phone interview with a peer - lasted an hour. A lot of behavioral and case study type of questions.

Received an email from the recruiter a few days later saying I made it to the second round of phone interviews and I had to complete "homework" for it.

I spend 3 hours preparing "homework" (campaign analysis, test recommendation and campaign recommendation) and send to the recruiter 2 days before my interview.

That night I received an email saying the role has been filled. WORST interview experience ever, so rude and inconsiderate of my time. At least give me a curtesy second phone interview to go over all the work I prepared.

Interview Questions

• Case study: what would you do to sell this certain product   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Several rounds of phone interviews, excel/word document exercises and then finally in person interviews with 6 people. Everyone except the final HR person was really nice. The questions were all pertinent to the position. Everyone asked the same questions - maybe to suss out any liars. I was not happy with the HR person because she insisted on knowing how much I made and I refused to tell her upon which she got combative/threatening with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts/competition with other departments to get on the home page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews: HR, hiring manager, another manager. Process was fluid and they were very responsive. My schedule was chaotic, but they were very flexible with the time scheduling, it was the only reason why the interview process was long. Overall, very quick and had no issues.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

Give me a situation when the team didn't agree with your idea. How did you influence them to see the project through?

Can you describe a time when things didn't go your way and how did you handle it?

Can you share a time when you had to make a quick decision and the impact it had.   Answer Question