Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.3

266 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was based on the leadership principles of amazon. There are 14 leadership principles of amazon like customer obsession, earn trust, invent and simplify, hire and develop the best, etc.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience of using data to arrive at business results   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, then a short phone interview (40 mins), online tests (numerical reasoning, essay etc) , face to face interview with numerous interviewers during the course of a day, plus a walk around of the facilities and an opportunity to speak with staff. Very positive experience, but was offered a job from another firm (at a start up) before Amazon made their formal offer, by which time I had already verbally agreed to a contract. Would definitely consider them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have had to work under pressure?   Answer Question
    • What is the greatest challenge you have ever overcome?   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest mistake? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

5 telephonic, 4 in person, all bar raiser rounds, mostly behavioural based questions, some business cases were given in additional to situational questions. each round for 45 mins-1.2hr , overall process was smooth, in person back to back interviews was tiresome.

Interview Questions

• behavioural and on amazon values   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Murfreesboro, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview is similar to what has been described before. I went to a fulfillment center and was interviewed by 3 people & 1 on the phone. They asked the standard star questions. What I found interesting was the longest tenured people I interviewed with was 5 years & that person was in the top 5% of tenured employees. I did asked about why they thought the average tenure was only 1 year. Got the standard answer about working hard and long hours and most people aren't cut out for that. The last interview was with an operations manager & another manager on the phone. They came from the armed services and spent more time talking about themselves than asking me questions. The last thing I want to mention, if you are a 50+ white male, don't bother applying, Amazon won't hire you. I knew halfway thru the interview that there wouldn't be an offer. Having said that, after talking to the people at Amazon and researching the company, I wouldn't accepted a job offer if given. Good luck to those who apply: you are going to need it.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA).

Interview

based on leadership principles. phone screen with recruiter followed by hiring manager and then an onsite with about 5-6 people. Process is quick and company is responsive. I had 2 rounds for 2 different roles they deemed fit, met with all different people. Interviews are well structured and all the information is provided well in advance. They are flexible with the schedules.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a tough employee and how did you cope up with them   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

group of people waiting for the interviews, there were different panels for different job roles, around 4 rounds of interviews with 1 hour each, will take up the whole day as there will be multiple people and the inteviewers takes lot of time to give out their deicisions

Interview Questions

• three things - one is behavioral- tell me a time type questions covering 14 leadership principles of Amazon ; next will be resume based - grilling on what you have done and how you have done; third will be small cases - numerical or qualitative - operations related   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Well prepared by the recruitment staff at every stage of the process, professional, relevant questions, much better experience than in other IT companies where I was interviewed by inexperienced people. Had to write a document presenting some innovation I implemented in the past.

Interview Questions

• Leadership principle related   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Generally well organized and efficient. Good communications throughout the process with a number of recruiting personnel involved. Initial phone interview was very relaxed and friendly, contained a good overview of the job requirements and because it was conducted by a current Operations Manager, it was relevant and informative. He read out the 2 behavioral style questions and didn't do the math test because it han't been sent out prior to the interview. From application to the first interview was about 2 weeks (I applied from a LinkedIn job posting). The day after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter to let me know that the interview had gone well and I was invited to attend an onsite interview a week later in Los Angeles. I was given all of the information I needed and all of the travel arrangements (rental car and good standard hotel) were made by them. I had to complete a 2 page written exercise, another behavioral style question (using initiative in a difficult circumstance that brought about beneficial change - one of 2 questions to choose from) and submit that within 2 days of receipt. I then received emails from the senior recruiter with additional information about how the on-site interview would be conducted - again, very informative and excellent for preparation.
    The on-site interview started at 7am with a facility tour from an Operations Manager called James (really chilled guy who obviously enjoyed his job and was a great advert for the company). After the tour, the 5 candidates were given a math flow problem with 15 minutes to solve it. We all finished it with time to spare and it was a little like Sudoku (fill in as many variables from the information given then work through each element). There were 4 interviewers, a General Manager, 2 Operations Managers, and a HR manager. They were all very professional and well-prepared - each of them had prepared questions from my resume. Each interview lasted 45 minutes and the most challenging is the one that goes through the written question and the math test. It goes into more detail and then has a further math test question based on a more complex version of the original scenario. They are very keen on the STAR answer format and the 14 Principles of Leadership (relate your answers to the principles as much as possible).

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I lead a team that had a time critical element as well as an outcome that exceeded expectations.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter 4 days after online application. Had a phone interview by next week. Then scheduled for interview at FC for two weeks from then. 4 interviews each about 45 minutes. One is with Sr.Hr. And the rest depending on the position you apply for may vary. I interviewed with GM, Assistant GM, Sr. HR, and Sr. Change managment

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to accomplish a project but with limited resources (frugality)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. Interviewer was polite, professional and engaging, and provided good responses to the questions I asked of him. He also provided some advice for future interviews. There was no immediate offer but I should know more in the near future if I'll get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Two basic algebra questions ( they weren't very difficult) about how many units employees could produce given some variables. Then some more open ended questions: What do you consider your greatest accomplishment and why? Tell me about a time when you faced resistance and overcame it. Provide an example of where you coached and mentored someone to success.   Answer Question