Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardner, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Gardner, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic phone interview with math flow question to begin. Interviewed with existing Operations Manager. Next interview was in person at what I thought was the hiring location. Turned out to be hiring for another location in surrounding area. Interviewed with Managers from various cities that had been flown in to conduct interviews. We took a tour of the massive facility and then began the rotation of interviews. No real continuity to the process, just waited in conference room to be matched up with next interviewer. More candidates than interviewers so a break was built in. The problem was nobody communicated that so you felt like you got skipped or did they forget about me. Overall good experience just didn't match up with what they are looking for evidently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with a Management decision and how you went about changing that decision?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Robbinsville, NJ).

Interview

Phone screen with basic questions focusing on leadership, if passed than a POD interview where you interview with 4 to 6 people in one day where they each focus on a leadership principle and want you to answer based on that. After that is offer

Interview Questions

• Difficult math question that you can work thru if you work backwards!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant. I actually did not have a phone interview for some reason and instead went directly on-site for an in person interview with two VPs of Amazon operations. Amazon will pay for your flight and accommodations if you are out of state. Interview was very conversational and pleasant. A lot of behavioral questions and a lot of back and forth conversation, which I appreciated. They really wanted to hear about your leadership abilities and ability to work hard under high-pressure environments, so make sure you have some stories prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Athens, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They had me go through situational test (what would you do). Had 2 30 minute interviews via online and they asked many behavioral and personality based questions. Interviewers appeared to be other operations managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were unable to overcome an obstacle to meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The Recruitment HR were responsive and were professional however the person who interviewed from Operations team was very unprofessional and rude. The interviewer even before it all started said 'this isn't the only thing he does and he is a very busy person and will have to answer with in a his time line', I do understand the time line however the initial part was really weird. Why schedule an interview when they didn't have time in hand. Then on it was more of open ended questions and the interviewer wanted a closed ended answers. I did send in a feedback as well stating the experience to Amazon however i didn't get any response on the same.

Interview Questions

• it was regular once like what was difficult situation in ur career etc   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was stringent and had multiple rounds of discussion with detailing and drilling deeper on experience on people management and testing. I had 5 rounds of interview includes technical and non tech. Mostly on scenario based questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

easy and not to hard just be your self not really much else to solve its group than individual but before that you apply online and than standby for a couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self five years from now   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Seemed very disorganized from the start. You can tell they were in a rush to get people in quickly. I had to correct my name on paperwork and in each interview.

The tour of the facility was brief but you could get an immediate sense of how efficient they were. I appreciated the relaxed attitude the interviewers portrayed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you brought up a great idea to your manager and they disagreed/turned you down.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

Drei Vorstellungsgespräche mit unterschiedlichen Mitarbeitern. Nach einem Online Eignungstest folgte das erste Gespräch mit Human Resources. Darauf hin folgte ein Gespräch mit einem Operations Manager und Alumnus. Im letzten Gespräch wurden Details zu letztem Berufsumfeld und persönliche Details erfragt. Die Interviews waren ein Teil des Campus Recruitments, und waren alles klassische behavioural interviews. Eine gute Vorbereitung von Ereignissen der bisherigen Berufserfahrung im STARR system, ist sehr hilfreich.

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie eine Situation, in der Sie ein Konflikt mit einem Kunden lösen mussten.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter, asked if I was interested to interview for a position in Las Vegas area. Got the call on Friday and set up phone interview for Monday. I talked to another Operations Manager from a different division for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever mentor a Supervisor under me to be better and how did I go about it.   Answer Question