Amazon Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seller Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

S.T.A.R. technique questioning which seems to be standard the standard technique used in interviews at this time. I am sure that everyone has had their share of experience with this interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond to satisfy a client?   2 Answers

Customer Service Associate - Virtual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, they have you do a "tryout" to see typing speed, multitasking ability, etc.
    Was invited to a web hosted overview of the job, and then hired almost immediately. It seemed most people were hired, not much interviewing.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions, just an overview of the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

There were mutliple parts of the interview that spanned over 1-2 months.

First, I was contacted by one of their recruiters. We talked about the position and if I was interested. Of course, I said yes and we scheduled a time for a over-the-phone technical interview. About a week or so later, I got on the phone call with an engineer. It started out with generic programming questions of a language that you are most comfortable with (to get an idea, just google "top <insert your favoriate language> interview questions" and you should be good). We then did a coding problem. This was done through some website, so she could see what I was typing. It was a basic coding question that just about everyone could get (just do some research on different coding interview questions).

After that, I had another "interview" over the phone with the recruiter. He told me what I would need to study for my next interview. My next interview was on-site in the Tempe, AZ office (most people say they fly you out to Seattle, but this was for the Tempe location). It was 4 hours long (4 interviews with different managers each 1 hour long). They all started with behavior questions (the typical questions you'd expect from any interview, but with a software developer theme) and then ended with a coding or design problem. 2 of the interviews had a coding problem and the other 2 had a design problem. Personally, I thought I did quite well. I answered all their questions and solved all the coding/design problems they gave me. The last interview coding problem was a little tricky, but I barely solved it in time.

A few days later, the recuiter asked to schedule a time to talk. When I talked to him, he gave me the bad news that I didn't get the position and they weren't going to move forward with the interview process. They will keep me in the system and call me in 6 months. He didn't really give me any specific reason why they didn't want me. He said it during the technical part, though I thought I did well in that section.

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Video interview was quick and painless. The ability to record your answers to each question multiple times prior to submission took a lot of pressure off. A few weeks later I was contacted about doing an on-site visit to one of the FCs to do a face-to-face interview. All of their questions are focused on the company core values and are very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what changes did you make for the future?   1 Answer

Part-Time Seasonal Sortation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the Amazon Hiring website. After a week I received an email to schedule my interview. My interview was a video presentation and drug test with a contingent offer to work if my background and drug test came back. After receiving the offer, I waited about 2 months before my start date was scheduled.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Brief questions about myself, then the technical portion of the interview. I was tasked to solve a problem using Computer Science techniques and discuss the low level details of the efficiency; then asked to optimize the solution

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amazon   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about four weeks and involved three steps.
    OA1 a code debugging test (20 min) and a reasoning test (35 min) fairly easy
    OA2 a work simulation (90 min) and a code test (105 min). Read amazon leadership principles for work simulation before assessment. 3 algorithm problems in code test.
    Onsite interview group discussion and programming.

Overall, the interview process is intense with moderate+ difficulty. Also, make sure you take time to prepare as you'll be blocked off from applying to Amazon for 6 months if you don't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Definitely review algorithms and basic data structures.   3 Answers

Sortation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

filled out an online questionnaire. Went to the facility for drug test and background check. The went over the job requirements and expectations. Once the background and drug test passed the proceeded with hiring

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited to take an online coding assessment within a couple weeks of applying. The first assessment involved a simple code debugging section (21min) followed by a logical reasoning section (35min). After completing the assessment, I was invited to the second online assessment. This involved a work simulation (email said 90min, actually 2hrs) and two coding sections (2 questions @ 60min; 1 question @ 30min). The coding questions test your functional abilities with the language of your choice and ability to translate a word problem into an efficient algorithm. I recommend making sure you know how to use the basic built-in data structures of your chosen language, as you do not get to look up syntax/methods. Not hard, but since I didn't have much experience with built-in data structures (STL, JDK, etc.), I wasn't able to set up the last problem, even though I knew how to solve it algorithm-wise.

Interview Questions

• NDA, can't disclose specifics. You must know how to implement all basic data structures in your language of choice. It's not enough to know how they work in theory and that you've created these data structures from scratch using arrays and pointers -> if you don't know the syntax and methods to use a built-in data structure that can help solve the problem, you will not be able to complete the problem, no matter how easy the actual logic is.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me and were very nice. However, I was not prepared for the interview questions, they do not ask normal questions. I would be prepared for that. Other than that they answered every question that I had.