Amazon Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Development Interview Questions

4.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The entire process was well managed and handled. The HR team was very professional and helpful.
Communication was clear, accurate, and efficient. The seven interviews during the day were increasingly difficult and challenging. As I had been forewarned, there was a "bar-raiser" interview towards the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a team member who is not meeting deadlines/responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The "process" such as it is, can take a very long time. From the first contact with the first recruiter, there were a half-dozen phone interviews with 3 different teams, plus an on-site interview loop, with months-long intervening periods of silence. Don't expect to hear back from the recruiter unless/until they decide to go to the next step.

The interviews themselves are:

- Strangely secretive; for phone interviews, recruiters refused to gave last names of interviewers.

- Fairly straightforward, but challenging. Lots of scenario-based questions, e.g., "How would you approach ____________?" Expect extended questioning to see how deeply & thoroughly you can think through a topic.

- A tiring day's worth if you're called in for an on-site loop. Look for the "bar raiser", a person from outside the team whose job is to make sure you're an ideal fit for Amazon's culture. If you know someone who works there, ask in advance about Amazon's values (they're very specific) and prepare examples.

Interview Questions

• "How would you deliver the Kindle reading experience to customers in ______ [a country where Amazon doesn't currently sell Kindles]?"   Answer Question
    • "Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?"   22 Answers
    • Tell me about the most successful project you've done.   1 Answer

1. To date, I've never talked with an Amazon employee who's told me they love working there. Not even in interviews.

2. The employment agreement is extremely onerous and one-sided.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in May 2011.

Interview

I was offered to take an online skill test comprising Excel, attention to detail tests, logic questions, marketing, etc. After that, I was required to repeat it in person two times, followed by a 1:1 interview. I was asked about my previous jobs and required to provide contact info for my former superiors. Also, personality questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation. Everybody wants to work at Amazon so they have pretty much fixed conditions