Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

3.5

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On-campus recruiting for business school students; first round interviews include two 30-minute interviews, which included both case and behavioral questions. In the interview, you should be able to showcase your understanding of Amazon's leadership principles. Both case and behavioral questions are used to test your logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions- how did you run the project which was heavily opposed?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed for an AWS PM role in August - September in Seattle. Applied through a glassdoor job ad listing. Total of 5 rounds of interviews - inital phone screen, video call, 1 manager on-site, 1 team on-site and finally a manager 2 level up.

Not easy, they definitely "nicely" roast you with relevant questions, but I guess that is expected. Lots of case questions and typical amazon principal questions.

I used a interview prep guide I found on interviewjoy.com which was very helpful. If you want this job, you better prepare *a lot* by working on sample questions and practice answering them as if you are in an interview. Better prep also shows your recruiter how much you want the job.

Interview Questions

• Just before a product launch, tech team notifies you that they found a bug in the code and you'll need to delay the launch. How do you communicate this to your stakeholders?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by a Recruiter/HR representative to do basic interview over the phone, 2. a second interview was set up over the phone with a team member (direct report), 3. the next interview was with the next tier of management over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What 10 things did you have at your previous job that you kept in your back pocket for driving real, large-scale change?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I got an email from an amazon recruiter about a position I had applied to. She had me answer some questions and send back to her. Then she said a scheduler would call me. Then nothing. I waited a few days and asked again. She said the team went with someone else. What the hell? Just wasted my time.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online mid February for role, heard back two weeks later from recruiting coordinator via email with a request for a first round interview. Talked with the manager of the open position in an hour long phone call, heard back at the end I was moving to the second round of phone screens. Scheduled that two weeks out, conducted the second hour long screen. Didn't hear for a week, emailed the coordinator, she was on vacation and said I'd hear back to schedule an onsite interview. Had 6 rounds of interviews onsite. Very quick rounds 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• All very behavioral based questions - prepare by going over every project, risk or decision you've made in the last three positions you've had.   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and onsite interviews. Great recruiter who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure this is the right fit for the candidate. The entire interview process was well organized and timely.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Human Resources scheduled a time with me. Manager called me on the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had a second interview with another manager. Most of the questions were related to product development and customer experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most innovative idea you've ever had?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

2 back-to-back 30min interviews with different employees from Amazon, working in the related department (in this case Product Manager, Product Planning, etc.) Overall very tough interview, dive deep into each answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you are most proud of? Why? Dive-deep into the answer, asking especially on how I had achieved this project.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First contact was quite friendly. By the time I spoke to the actual manager of the team the interview took a decidedly adversarial tone; did not sound like a person anyone would want to report to.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be lucky to land a job at Amazon?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Coordinator for recruiter sets up the meeting and sends job description. Recruiter conducts phone screen. Hiring manager does phone screen. Additional phone screen. On site interview.

Interview Questions

• Within a minute, "Umm, let me find a question from this list to ask you... Tell me about a time that you ..."   4 Answers