Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.5

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I got an email from an amazon recruiter about a position I had applied to. She had me answer some questions and send back to her. Then she said a scheduler would call me. Then nothing. I waited a few days and asked again. She said the team went with someone else. What the hell? Just wasted my time.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online mid February for role, heard back two weeks later from recruiting coordinator via email with a request for a first round interview. Talked with the manager of the open position in an hour long phone call, heard back at the end I was moving to the second round of phone screens. Scheduled that two weeks out, conducted the second hour long screen. Didn't hear for a week, emailed the coordinator, she was on vacation and said I'd hear back to schedule an onsite interview. Had 6 rounds of interviews onsite. Very quick rounds 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• All very behavioral based questions - prepare by going over every project, risk or decision you've made in the last three positions you've had.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and onsite interviews. Great recruiter who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure this is the right fit for the candidate. The entire interview process was well organized and timely.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Human Resources scheduled a time with me. Manager called me on the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had a second interview with another manager. Most of the questions were related to product development and customer experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most innovative idea you've ever had?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

2 back-to-back 30min interviews with different employees from Amazon, working in the related department (in this case Product Manager, Product Planning, etc.) Overall very tough interview, dive deep into each answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you are most proud of? Why? Dive-deep into the answer, asking especially on how I had achieved this project.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Coordinator for recruiter sets up the meeting and sends job description. Recruiter conducts phone screen. Hiring manager does phone screen. Additional phone screen. On site interview.

Interview Questions

• Within a minute, "Umm, let me find a question from this list to ask you... Tell me about a time that you ..."   4 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, online test first, followed by phone interview with the recruiter and another one with the hiring manager which was a senior recruiter. Then in-person interview. The recruiters were friendly but had no idea what the job is about.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from a failure?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and did the online evaluation test. The online evaluation test took about an hour. The process took about 1 week and I got a Skype interview. There were two people interviewed me. They asked about my experience and some behavior questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience that you lead a team   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by 5 face to face interviews.
    Interviews were mostly base don behavioural questions relating to the Amazon's leadership principles; typical interview questions: 'describe a time when you....(displayed this leadership principle).
    It is key to know the principles well and have plenty of examples to share as each hiring manager cross references notes.
    Be prepared to explain your answers as the hiring managers will dig into the details

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest innovation
      Tell me about an unpopular decision
      Tell me about a time you screwed up
      Tell me about a time you showed ownership
      .................................you applied judgment to a decision where data was not available
      etc...
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They contacted me and after a couple of phone reviews flew me over to Seattle for about 4 hours or interviews. I liked the process although i would have liked to know why I didn't end up getting the position