Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.5

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen the first round. The interviewer was a bit offish but talked nice. I was a bit nervous that I probably not performed very well. The interviewer's promise in processing next round made me a little bit surprise. Unfortunately nothing happened afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience related to the position?   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

Two phone screens and several in-person interviews. There was a heavy focus on the STAR questions and the 13 leadership principles. Recommend doing research into their cloud products (deep dive into one of them) and their business goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview with the hiring manager first. This was followed by a traditional Amazon loop interview that consisted of five one hour discussions. I also had a lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to transition a project to a new owner.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager, then invited for on-site of 5 rounds with lunch. Many questions focused on Amazon's leadership principles as well as experience as a product manager, so anecdotal stories are helpful here.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled to meet a deadline.   3 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online . Hiring manager didn't show up for the first scheduled interview as recruiter and I were waiting and he was late for rescheduled interview. He was a bit rude but followed the typical questions that can be found in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• why AMZN? What skills make you a good candidate?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the Product Manager Internship in Seattle. A few weeks later, I went through two video interviews (each 45 minutes long, back-to-back) with two different members of a Product Management team.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a sample of a type of product (beach balls) and asked how I could imagine to maximize spending on those beach balls? What other products could be grouped in or suggested to be purchased in conjunction?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This is for an Amazon technical product manager interview I did right after business school. They did one interview on campus with a lead PM. Then I was flown in to HQ. There I had a full day of interviews ending with an interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Many technical design questions, algorithms, data bases, ACID transactions etc.   5 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through a campus job listing. My resume was chosen for a 90-minute phone interview with two employees. I was not given their names ahead of time. The interview was very much a behavioral one. Although the employees were not full-time recruiters, each said that neither of their teams was hiring for summer 2019. I received an email message the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed to reach a goal   4 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a person with very limited language skills. I am very comfortable with all cultures and accents after being in IT for a long time but this person wouldn’t be qualified to work at a fast food restaurant. He did not use STAR format, didn’t care about answers and didn’t have any follow up questions. They got back to me with rejection next day. Too bad - I spent a week prepping for this interview. Really Amazon???

Interview Questions

• When would you use and not use multithreading?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied for student recruiting program called Amazon MBA/Master's Level Opportunities (Full-time). They sent me an assignment which consisted of 5 modules. In each module, they give you a real-life case. You have to make decisions for each situation. It's timed, and you have 90 mins. max to do it. They replied within a week after I submitted the assignment.

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was that a co-worker constantly arrives late to a weekly scheduled meeting. What would you do? They listed the options and you have to arrange them in effectiveness order. Then it had followup questions depending on your decision.   3 Answers