Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.5

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Bureaucratic, tedious, revealing
I would avoid working there if I were you. They are looking for relatively capable people. If you are a capable person therefore, I would run away. I felt the interviewers were mildly arrogant, overly robust, but the overall feel of the London office was generally friendly. The work is tedious, not particularly well paid, internal opportunities relatively limited but the office is swanky.

I reckon 80% of the people work there because it is "Amazon", not because of the people and the work they do, i.e. their job. Which is interesting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

First contact was quite friendly. By the time I spoke to the actual manager of the team the interview took a decidedly adversarial tone; did not sound like a person anyone would want to report to.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be lucky to land a job at Amazon?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Amazon has a very thorough interview process that involves meeting a number of team members. It was a great experience because it helped me gain a deeper understanding of not only the the culture of the company but also individual teams/departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Amazon product and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Process was well structured but full on. There was lots of support and information to help you prepare leading up to the actual interview. Use the resources provided to you and invest the time in to preparing well. Think about it, it's a big investment from them so the least you can do is put in a couple of days of prep time right?

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate how you align with the Amazon Leadership philosophy   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by a Recruiter/HR representative to do basic interview over the phone, 2. a second interview was set up over the phone with a team member (direct report), 3. the next interview was with the next tier of management over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What 10 things did you have at your previous job that you kept in your back pocket for driving real, large-scale change?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW, THE INTERVIEWER WAS 30MIN LATE. MAKE MORE NERVOUS. I was my fault, I didn't present well. They are mot allowed to give you feedback of you interview right away.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2016.

Interview

There was a long dialogue with a recruiter I really liked. I wasn't interested in the first role we discussed but we settled on Product Management, which was a better match for my skills. I had a phone screen with a different guy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product you launched.   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I'm not too sure how they got my name for this role, but I was offered an interview even though I had not applied for it.

First round was a numerical reasoning test, a lot of questions are phrased in ways to trip you up in silly ways. I never got my results, but I must've did ok as I got through to the next round.

Second round was just a call with HR to discuss what the role was and if I would be interested in going further. However this call was last minute cancelled and I went straight to the next round.

Third round was a competency interview with HR over the phone. They asked 2 questions related to the Amazon leadership style, and went in-depth into the examples I gave. The interview lasted 45min.

Fourth round interview was another competency interview over the phone, but this time with the hiring manager. The interview started off with each party introducing themselves, then it went into two questions again based on the amazon leadership styles.

I thought I did well, we even went over our 45min slot because the manager was telling me about amazon and the lifestyle there. However, I eventually received that "unfortunately" email, with the generic empty promise of keeping me in mind for roles in the future.

Interview Questions

• I forget, but they were competency questions, like "Please tell me a time where you had to overcome xyz". They were very long winded questions with multiple parts.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and onsite interviews. Great recruiter who is willing to go the extra mile to make sure this is the right fit for the candidate. The entire interview process was well organized and timely.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and properly conducted the interviews. They drilled down deep on every skill-set I've mentioned. The overall experience was good. Most of the questions are analytical and managerial based.

Interview Questions

• Q: How many people would be watching youtube in India right now?   1 Answer