Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.5

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Es gab insgesamt vier Gespraeche, bzw. darunter zwei Begegnungen von denen ich sagen muss dass der insgesamte Eindruck sehr positiv war, meinerseits. Allerdings hat sich dann im Nachhinein ein für mich unhaltbares Arbeitspensum ergeben, denn meine Vorgesetzte rief mich jederzeit auch ausserhalb der Arbeitszeiten an, so dass es keinen Respekt für meine Privatsphaere gab. Das das als normal bewertet wurde war für mich das letzte.

Interview Questions

• Wieviel Freizeit waeren sie bereit gegebenenfalls für ihre Arbeit zu opfern. Wie sind ihre Gehaltsvorstellungen.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

I've been contacted by an HR person suggesting to apply for a Product Manager role in the Kindle dept. One interview with HR on the phone followed by an interview with the senior product manager and the head of the dept.
    Both were smooth, told me I would get a feedback soon but didn't get it until I sent an email 3 weeks after. Then I've been told they couldn't give it to me. I was disappointed as I spent a lot of time on each phone call (more than 1 hour each) and they were the ones reaching out to me. I've been told the person who was supposed to give it to me left the team, so I had to wait. Still waiting after two months. Luckily, they're a person oriented organization, lol.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, based on the alignment of yourself to the core Amazon's principles.
      Tell me about a time when you took responsibility for a project or tell me about one time when it was incredibly hard to reach a goal but you did it.
      It seems my experience and skills weren't much important, what really matters was my alignment to their core beliefs.
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Human Resources scheduled a time with me. Manager called me on the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I had a second interview with another manager. Most of the questions were related to product development and customer experience.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, online test first, followed by phone interview with the recruiter and another one with the hiring manager which was a senior recruiter. Then in-person interview. The recruiters were friendly but had no idea what the job is about.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from a failure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Coordinator for recruiter sets up the meeting and sends job description. Recruiter conducts phone screen. Hiring manager does phone screen. Additional phone screen. On site interview.

Interview Questions

• Within a minute, "Umm, let me find a question from this list to ask you... Tell me about a time that you ..."   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone with the recruiter. Screen went well and was asked to fill out an online survey as the next step. Fifty percent of the test was about business skills, knowledge, etc. Mostly general MBA-style info. The other fifty percent was focused on character traits. I answered honestly and found out I didn't advance to the next round. Think it was because I wasn't perceived to be aggressive enough, which I later heard was a desirable trait at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever get in trouble at school for being disruptive, loud, etc.?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever. They arranged a call very late in the evening and they never called. and after having 2 interviews and an extremely positive feedback, I got a note that was saying "congrats, we will arrange one more interview". two hours later, they told me that they offered the position to someone else. No respect to my time and my personality at all

Interview Questions

• about the values of Amazon and how well my experience was aligned with it   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)).

Interview

I had two telephone interviews with two different people. They were long, as they made lots of questions that required specific examples from my past experience. The best way to prepare is with the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• tell me about one time that you had to assist a colleague in an area out of your responsibilities and what happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Takes too long - three phone screens. Still more interviews expected. long delays after each interview. Because of these long delays i have decided to move on. looking for other opportunities

Interview Questions

• tech questions for non tech position! these questions had not much relevance with the role. Some questions were so theoretical that I doubt many practising tech could answer them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by 5 face to face interviews.
    Interviews were mostly base don behavioural questions relating to the Amazon's leadership principles; typical interview questions: 'describe a time when you....(displayed this leadership principle).
    It is key to know the principles well and have plenty of examples to share as each hiring manager cross references notes.
    Be prepared to explain your answers as the hiring managers will dig into the details

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest innovation
      Tell me about an unpopular decision
      Tell me about a time you screwed up
      Tell me about a time you showed ownership
      .................................you applied judgment to a decision where data was not available
      etc...