Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

3.5

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got email from recruiter informing me that the hiring manager was very interested with my resume. Scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview was pretty straight forward and included questions about my prior experience and Product Management knowledge.

Followed up another phone interview with a different Product Manager from a completely different team

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from software engineering to product management?
    Pick and product that you like/dislike. Why? How would go about making it better?
    Current roles and responsibilities.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Application

Interview

Recruiter reach out via LinkedIn and communicate position information via phone call first. And then arranged two on-site interviews. One interview for line manager, the other interview for HR manager

Interview Questions

• Tell how to improve current third-party seller register process   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2015.

Interview

Expect A few rounds of phone conversations before the onsite interview; you might start with one job post but if the recruiter see other fits, they will bring in more people to talk to you. Be prepared to answer behavioral questions that are related to the 14 Amazon leadership principles.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2014.

Interview

I had a single over the phone interview. They asked a lot of questions regarding how I would handle specific situations in the job they were looking for (in other words, not hypothetical as much as how would he handle the problems we're currently facing in this job). In the end, they said they were mostly looking for "Good Product Managers". Their definition of a good product manager was someone who used data to make decisions and could argue their point using data to back them up. I thought I did well, but I don't think I was specific enough.

Interview Questions

• How would you choose which features to implement and which are most important to our customers?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The correspondence leading up the interview was great. They requested brief questionnaire about my work history which was, I thought, going to be a type of outline for the interview. I was mistaken.

The interview consisted of two hypothetical scenarios and how I would go about starting a project based on a certain premise. The scenarios were scattered and a bit outlandish which caught me off-guard. While the interview was quite difficult, it was unique and definitely taught me that you can never really anticipate the types of questions you'll receive during an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a dating site for people who want to cheat on their spouses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was on Campus Recruitment. I submitted the resume through campus and was called for an interview. Overall there were 2 interviews in the 1st round and if we cleared those, we will proceed to another round of 2 interviews. I did not move to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Usual Behavioral questions with a twist like "How do you earn trust in a team?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a 30 min interview with a member of the team and then they flew me out to their offices. I was asked to write an essay about a product I built from end to end. Then I went through a round of 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you failed at work?
      When did you develop a product that didn't work?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with hiring manager after initial phone screening with Amazon HR talent scout. Conversational and friendly, without a lot of grilling like a Google interview. A talent scout found me via LinkedIn, and then called to see if I would be willing to chat about opportunities at Amazon. I spoke with the talent scout, indicated great respect but only lukewarm interest if a relocation was required, but still agreed to talk to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very open ended, essentially asking "what do you know about us, this market, and how to succeed in it." This led to a thirty minute conversation in which I simply described the state of the market and the forces buffeting Amazon and the rest of the competitive landscape. It was simply an open-ended opportunity for me to say what I knew about the space and how to help their business progress.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Email correspondence with an HR rep as well as a recruiter, who scheduled three phone interviews, each an hour long. Very difficult interviews - several tough case questions and prodding follow-up questions designed to fluster you and poke holes in your answers. After the third one, Amazon flew me out to Seattle for a day of in-person meetings. Also very difficult. The interviewers seemed really rushed, and none of them, beside the hiring manager, were on the team for which this position was hiring. They had obviously been well trained by Amazon to parse out the people who are sharp enough and fit their exact mold of what the idea candidate should be.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you know nothing about Amazon Prime. How would you price it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

First round: Two 30 minutes telephone interviews
    Each interview has a small case
    You have to have a very deep understanding of their products.
    They do not care you do not have enough knowledge about their products to solve the case problems.
    So it's not only critical thinking ability tested.