Amazon Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

First phone call about 30 minutes. Very professional and efficient. Talks about the company and current opportunity. Asks about a few points on the resume. Then dives in into three product development questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a product development role you lead.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with HR Recruiter who contacted me via email to schedule the interview. HR Recruiter was very kind and advocated my candidacy. Initial phone screen to understand what my background included, my interest level in roles, and compensation level set. Recruiter than discussed current role which was a level 6 and recommended based on my current comp that I go for a Senior Manager role level 7. Recruiter is going to explore other openings and ask hiring managers to contact me directly.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2015.

Interview

Tell me about yourself? What would you do if you cannot meet the deadline
    What impact have you made in your current role?
    What has been your biggest failure this year?

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Bring some snacks. It's a long day and they definitely do not treat you to lunch. I met with a total of 10 people over the course of the day. Six were primary interviewers and the others were shadowing to learn more about the interview process. Each of them brought a laptop and typed as you were speaking so don't get too distracted when they do that with you. They pride themselves on their abilities to multi task.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There were 5 back to back interviews. It was like a marathon and then I had a break in between for lunch. The people that interviewed me were from all different divisions of the company and the interviews lasted about 45 minutes on average. There were a lot of situational questions and technical questions.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Receuiter scheduled call later for the program management position. When I was called as scheduled within a week surprisingly recruiter told me the original position has been cancelled and they are now hiring for a different position even without asking a single question or going through reference..

Do you want to work for a company which does not know what position is being filled? What may happen even after you are hired??

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone screening interviews, both interviews were generic behaviourial questions and they dug deeper into my resume. So if they ask you a question and you answer it, they would ask you why you did this or what did you learn out of it, what better way is there to deal with it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you made a mistake and had to rectify it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone Screen, followed by a test (which was fairly easy), and a final interview on campus. Final interview had 4 rounds conducted by 4 different interviewers. Mostly behavioral questions, but one of the rounds was to test your analytical skills.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Talent adquisition Department handled the coordination very professionally. The Logistics and Operation hiring managers asked very interesting questions trying to determine if candidate was fit for the culture and solving problems with customer in mind, as well as to effectively manage cost saving and efficient routes to deliver goods. Process was done during 3 phone interviews.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Know your leadership principles, as these will be the basis for the interview. Each interviewer focuses on a different one and uses STAR method questioning. Have numbers and be prepared for an all day grueling series of hour long interviews. Have an equal number of questions yourself. Avoid a heavy lunch, as it will slow you down for the second half.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe that you are a "raise the bar" higher than at least half of the people currently here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared with a full business case to justify any additional compensation requested.