Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very cordial and friendly, interviewers take the time to make sure that the candidate is comfortable and give them time to think their answers through especially in coding questions. The interview process was a quick phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone screen and if that goes well, you get called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about what you have done previously and what you might do differently in a given situation. Biggest regret in your professional life and what you did to correct it?   1 Answer
  • find the largest sum of consecutive integers in an array   Answer Question
  • input string = aabbbccccaaa, maintain the insertion order and output should be a2b3c4a3   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very heavy on coding questions, even for a position as a manual test engineer. I guess this is a common thing at Amazon, they expect a certain level of development experience for everyone. My interview was with three people, and only took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Typical coding question of how to determine if a string is a palindrome   3 Answers

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 1 hour. The first part was about QA processes, test cases, bug reports and requirements. The second part was about scripting languages. There were about 4 tasks to write a code into the web application so that the interviewer could see it.

Interview Questions

• First question: What was your role at ... company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Round 1 : telephonic . The interviewer came in 10 min late and he was hurrying up which made me uncomfortable while answering .
    I applied online for a QA role in seattle.

Interview Questions

• Give Test cases to test amazon website Check out page ?   1 Answer
    • write a program to remove duplicates numbers from the list and display the duplicates ? ( The Programming Language can be any, I did in Java ) and the interviewer shares the screen with you and can see you typing .   1 Answer
    • write a program where a there are multiple users logging into the system or file and I want to know the login Occurrences of the each user . Note : The file is separated by the commas. ex: User1 , User2, user1 , user3.........   2 Answers
    • what question do you have for me ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical phone interview lasted 60 minutes with many in depth questions about my experience and some "what would you have done" type questions. There was a code writing question.

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm to find the first non repetitive character in words like 'television' and 'arizona'   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in company website. In a week i received email from them to schedule an interview. I was an technical phone interview. Took 30 to 40 minutes time. It's an easy interview..Don't tense feel free and talk confidently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Architecture flow in your company?
      2. Test cases for youtube
      3. Int a, Int b...write test cases for sum
      4. How to create test plan? Explain
      5. Difference between functional testing and regression testing
      1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview for Quality Assurance Engineer position but didn't get any update after that. Had phone interview for Quality Assurance Engineer position but didn't get any update after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Onsite interview for amazon silk QAE position, 4 technical which includes testing and coding exercise. 5th round HR. More behavioral questions on how would you deal with a situation. Questions on sum up all elements in a matrix and how to find a pair which sums up to a given element in an array. They are expecting optimized solution here.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you miss a dead line for a release.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was initiated with a Phone screen. The phone screen was with a person with heavy accent. He only asked a single question related to testing. He did not seem very interested or involved in the interview.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Interview

5 Rounds which comprises of telephonic,3 Technical and a HR Round

Interview Questions

• Whats your weakness you would hesitate to tell it out?   1 Answer