Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

3.4

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from a recruiter and spoke over the phone.
Recruiter asked for the date and time suitable for me. Telephonic round time and date are fixed but did not provide the person who is interviewing.
Interviewer called in a couple of minutes late. 2 coding questions, Test cases and test plan for the Amazon login screen and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• From a given list of array (Not sorted) find the second largest value
    Find the prime numbers from the given list of array (1 -100)
    Test plan for Amazon login screen   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was by recruiter, followed by a telephonic screening and then onsite interview
    with 5- 45 minute rounds and 20 minute HR presentation in between. Overall a pleasant experience and helpful recruiters/interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 80% was behavioral and the 3 coding questions were not difficult (tachometer, pair of integers adding to a sum and another string problem to remove numbers from a mix of numbers and characters). Ability to tell your stories is really important. Interviewers keep taking notes while you answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very cordial and friendly, interviewers take the time to make sure that the candidate is comfortable and give them time to think their answers through especially in coding questions. The interview process was a quick phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone screen and if that goes well, you get called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about what you have done previously and what you might do differently in a given situation. Biggest regret in your professional life and what you did to correct it?   1 Answer
    • find the largest sum of consecutive integers in an array   4 Answers
    • input string = aabbbccccaaa, maintain the insertion order and output should be a2b3c4a3   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very heavy on coding questions, even for a position as a manual test engineer. I guess this is a common thing at Amazon, they expect a certain level of development experience for everyone. My interview was with three people, and only took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Typical coding question of how to determine if a string is a palindrome   5 Answers

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 1 hour. The first part was about QA processes, test cases, bug reports and requirements. The second part was about scripting languages. There were about 4 tasks to write a code into the web application so that the interviewer could see it.

Interview Questions

• First question: What was your role at ... company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Round 1 : telephonic . The interviewer came in 10 min late and he was hurrying up which made me uncomfortable while answering .
    I applied online for a QA role in seattle.

Interview Questions

• Give Test cases to test amazon website Check out page ?   1 Answer
    • write a program to remove duplicates numbers from the list and display the duplicates ? ( The Programming Language can be any, I did in Java ) and the interviewer shares the screen with you and can see you typing .   1 Answer
    • write a program where a there are multiple users logging into the system or file and I want to know the login Occurrences of the each user . Note : The file is separated by the commas. ex: User1 , User2, user1 , user3.........   2 Answers
    • what question do you have for me ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical phone interview lasted 60 minutes with many in depth questions about my experience and some "what would you have done" type questions. There was a code writing question.

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm to find the first non repetitive character in words like 'television' and 'arizona'   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in company website. In a week i received email from them to schedule an interview. I was an technical phone interview. Took 30 to 40 minutes time. It's an easy interview..Don't tense feel free and talk confidently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Architecture flow in your company?
      2. Test cases for youtube
      3. Int a, Int b...write test cases for sum
      4. How to create test plan? Explain
      5. Difference between functional testing and regression testing   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2015.

Interview

The process is really good. Interviewers are really nice and they take care of the people who are giving interviews. Recruiter gives total visibility on how interviews will look like.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions and testing concepts   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2015.

Interview

Had phone interview for Quality Assurance Engineer position but didn't get any update after that. Had phone interview for Quality Assurance Engineer position but didn't get any update after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Automation process   1 Answer