Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Onsite interview for amazon silk QAE position, 4 technical which includes testing and coding exercise. 5th round HR. More behavioral questions on how would you deal with a situation. Questions on sum up all elements in a matrix and how to find a pair which sums up to a given element in an array. They are expecting optimized solution here.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you miss a dead line for a release.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting team, very good conversation about job description and qualifications. I felt that expectations were realistic and that it was a good potential fit. The recruiter was very knowledgeable and helpful up until the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed to be unaware of the job they were holding the interview for. Lots of questions about irrelevant skills and job duties led me to believe there was a miscommunication about what job I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was initiated with a Phone screen. The phone screen was with a person with heavy accent. He only asked a single question related to testing. He did not seem very interested or involved in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The position was advertised as a software quality assurance position. It turns out that the Amazon developers test their own code and the QA people are responsible for test automation and tool building. This is how Google and Facebook operate also. The industry has found that if you hire more testers, then the quality of the code decreases because the developers do not test at all. Holding developers accountable for the quality of their code instead of testers is the key. Writing tests needs to happen before coding starts - ideally automated unit tests such as test-driven development.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about programming more appropriate for a developer. No questions about testing or quality assurance.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Interview

5 Rounds which comprises of telephonic,3 Technical and a HR Round

Interview Questions

• Whats your weakness you would hesitate to tell it out?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The call was for an hour. You will be asked to write your code on an online whiteboard. You will be asked about your current job experience. Just be confident and answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

phone interiew, speak fast and not very patient. at that time I dont even know the how to write compare function. so failed. and no onsite. not very good.

Interview Questions

• 1. ask basic information 2. give a list of information for people (age,weight,height),sort by peoples height. 3.how do you test microwave   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very cordial and friendly, interviewers take the time to make sure that the candidate is comfortable and give them time to think their answers through especially in coding questions. The interview process was a quick phone call with the recruiter followed by a phone screen and if that goes well, you get called in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions about what you have done previously and what you might do differently in a given situation. Biggest regret in your professional life and what you did to correct it?   1 Answer
    • find the largest sum of consecutive integers in an array   5 Answers
    • input string = aabbbccccaaa, maintain the insertion order and output should be a2b3c4a3   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very heavy on coding questions, even for a position as a manual test engineer. I guess this is a common thing at Amazon, they expect a certain level of development experience for everyone. My interview was with three people, and only took 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Typical coding question of how to determine if a string is a palindrome   7 Answers

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 1 hour. The first part was about QA processes, test cases, bug reports and requirements. The second part was about scripting languages. There were about 4 tasks to write a code into the web application so that the interviewer could see it.

Interview Questions

• First question: What was your role at ... company?   1 Answer