Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Round 1 : telephonic . The interviewer came in 10 min late and he was hurrying up which made me uncomfortable while answering .
I applied online for a QA role in seattle.

Interview Questions

• Give Test cases to test amazon website Check out page ?   1 Answer
  • write a program to remove duplicates numbers from the list and display the duplicates ? ( The Programming Language can be any, I did in Java ) and the interviewer shares the screen with you and can see you typing .   1 Answer
  • write a program where a there are multiple users logging into the system or file and I want to know the login Occurrences of the each user . Note : The file is separated by the commas. ex: User1 , User2, user1 , user3.........   2 Answers
  • what question do you have for me ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Technical phone interview lasted 60 minutes with many in depth questions about my experience and some "what would you have done" type questions. There was a code writing question.

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm to find the first non repetitive character in words like 'television' and 'arizona'   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in company website. In a week i received email from them to schedule an interview. I was an technical phone interview. Took 30 to 40 minutes time. It's an easy interview..Don't tense feel free and talk confidently.

Interview Questions

• 1. Architecture flow in your company?
      2. Test cases for youtube
      3. Int a, Int b...write test cases for sum
      4. How to create test plan? Explain
      5. Difference between functional testing and regression testing
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Onsite interview for amazon silk QAE position, 4 technical which includes testing and coding exercise. 5th round HR. More behavioral questions on how would you deal with a situation. Questions on sum up all elements in a matrix and how to find a pair which sums up to a given element in an array. They are expecting optimized solution here.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when you miss a dead line for a release.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was initiated with a Phone screen. The phone screen was with a person with heavy accent. He only asked a single question related to testing. He did not seem very interested or involved in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The position was advertised as a software quality assurance position. It turns out that the Amazon developers test their own code and the QA people are responsible for test automation and tool building. This is how Google and Facebook operate also. The industry has found that if you hire more testers, then the quality of the code decreases because the developers do not test at all. Holding developers accountable for the quality of their code instead of testers is the key. Writing tests needs to happen before coding starts - ideally automated unit tests such as test-driven development.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about programming more appropriate for a developer. No questions about testing or quality assurance.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting team, very good conversation about job description and qualifications. I felt that expectations were realistic and that it was a good potential fit. The recruiter was very knowledgeable and helpful up until the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer seemed to be unaware of the job they were holding the interview for. Lots of questions about irrelevant skills and job duties led me to believe there was a miscommunication about what job I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied on Amazon careers website around 1st April and got call from Amazon recuiter in 1 week around 6th April. I was scheduled for 1st phone interview on 8th April.

1st interview was nice. some questions I can recall are
    1) Asked me difference between class & object
    2) Abstract classes
    3) Hash Table
    4) Program to check for palindrome (made it easily in 5 mins)
    5) Black Box Testing
    6) White Box Testing
    7) ASked me how I will test my program
    8) Why I want to join Amazon
    9) Tools which I use currently,

Few days later I got mail frm recruiter for 2nd phone interview around 15th April

This one was bit tough but I answered nicely. some questions I can remember are

1) Design World Wide Web from scratch
    2) A webservice takes 10 secods for processing but 120 secs for data Transfer, how will you speed up the process (I mentioned parallel processing but he asked me to go beyond it) maybe faster internet smthing
    3) Gave me Fibonnacci Program to write (did it in 2 mins)
    4) Diff in white Box & Black Box Testing
    5) What happens when user types in Amazon.com home page URL in address bar.

2nd one was bit tough, But I gave pretty decent answers except the 1st one.... got mail from recruiter 2 days back that they are moving forward with other candidate :) better luck next time ....

Hope this help others ...

Interview Questions

• Also he asked me Define Testing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on site. Recruiter was painfully slow to schedule an on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was from the HR in response to my application for a QAE position. The phone interview was scheduled for 1 hour. The HR sent a generic email about the interview process stating that the interview will be technical covering areas of data structures, algorithms, coding/design. The position I was interviewing for was QAE which does not require programming expertise- so make sure you follow up with HR about the specific position's requirements.

The phone interview started 15 minutes late (and the interviewer never gave a reason nor apologized for the delay).

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, how would you move the duplicate integers into a different array? What is the efficiency of your algorithm?   1 Answer
    • How would you test the "Find" feature in an application such as MS Word?   1 Answer