Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.3

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Called a few days before hand to prep you for their interview process. Want you to respond in "STAR" format. All behavioral based questions - all very specific situations. I had four, one hour interviews, all back to back. Exhausting, seemed to ask a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went along with a group decision even though you did not agree with it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The questions were fairly typical and nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't too impressed with the process, as it seemed a bit unorganized with timing and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I concur with the other interview posts about the process being unprofessional, rude & waste of my valuable time. Amazon reached out to me to be considered for relocation to Seattle for a position. Two very disjointed phone screens and then passed along to another Sr. Recruiter to discuss a role on the same team. She acted completely put out that she had to interview me. 45 mins of discussing my background, agile talent acquisition strategy, metrix, on & on. Note, I have more experience than this person and she was condescending and very off putting. MY CHOICE is PASS!!!! Wouldn't want to work with this person. Too bad as Amazon needs to hire close to 100,000 more people & needs resources for the team to keep up with the robust hiring needs. ADVICE to Leadership -create a better candidate experience and do not let interviewers with a chip on their shoulder conduct interviews and make decisions to disposition.

Interview Questions

• STARS behavioral questions. The interviewer acted like she had something to prove to me and asked why I'm even applying. I was recruited by Amazon so act like a professional and not create such a poor candidate experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, went well until I asked about salary and benefits. In today's market, this should be discussed so as to not waste anyone's time. The recruiter seemed to be offended I asked, as it seemed I should just be happy that I would be working for Amazon. After reading other reviews, it appears that Amazon has mediocre at best benefits and compensation.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Amazon?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon reached out to me. I had a couple phone interviews then was scheduled for an on-site set of interviews. Had 6 interviews with a lunch break with one of the interviewers. Most of the interviewers were pleasant though completely uninterested in my background and real experience. They each had a couple questions presented in the STAR format and had little time for anything else. A couple interviewers seemed somewhat perturbed to have to conduct interviews, one was late and was obviously rushed and kept cutting me off mid sentence.

As I came into the building and waited I was truly excited about the possibility but as the day wore on and I felt how truly little the interviewers appeared to care for me as a person that excitement wore down. By the time I left I could have gone either way. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

I can say, that it was apparent that I may have been the oldest person in the building that day and style and comfort wise they probably did not see me as a fit. Since they don't give any interview feedback there is no real way of telling and I am sure they are smart enough to never mention age as a factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and brought in for a in personal interview. I was told I would have an answer the next day but one week later finally got an answer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you interested in Amazon. Very short   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Before you get called for the onsite interview always remember, Amazon as a company is averse to hiring for potential in a candidate. They look for candidates with a certain something and even if you are an extremely capable candidate there could be chances that you will still get rejected. I had two phone screens with various recruiters and then was called for an onsite in person interview in their Seattle office. All this happened in a very quick timeframe , so if they are really looking for someone and you come across as a good prospect on the phone rounds they will move forward quickly. They provide excellent accommodation, travel is also taken care of by their teams and reimbursements on expenses. At the onsite I was subjected to ONLY behavioral interviews with 7 interviewers for 7 hours, no food was offered.
    It is continuous and back to back . Lots of behavioral /situational type questions only. What they tend to forget is success is a relative term and will differ based on different companies, different career stages, different teams, bosses and company cultures. It was NOT a difficult interview, more so if you have different situations from your past experiences prepped in your mind ahead of time. Also recruiting is not rocket science so their questions are not tailored for a role , its more of a company wide parameter based questionnaire that the interviewers ask questions from. I felt a lot of questions were irrelevant to the role i will be performing if hired. Also they also do not share feedback for rejections , so one never learns.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a complex situation with a simple situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was an initial recruiter reach out and screen before being scheduled a phone interview with an in-house recruiter on the team I was applying for. Assuming the next steps would be an onsite interview to meet the team but have not heard back about feedback to move forward or pass. Moved quickly between first reach out and phone screens but has been about 2 weeks and no follow-up. Assuming they will not be moving forward but would have appreciated a quicker response or any response at all.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included previous experience, why looking to move, what you'd like to do, sourcing techniques, number of sourced candidates vs hired, most challenging experience, successful story and work style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long interview process - but worth it. Had one 45 minute phone interview.. two weeks later met with about 4 people in person in Seattle. They ask you mostly behavioral "tell me about a time when" questions.. As long as you study the Leadership Principles and relate them to your work/leadership experience, you will be fine. It was a very difficult interview but also fun. My interviewers were very accommodating, personable, and SMART. It was awesome to learn about their experiences at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a customer's experience.   Answer Question