Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.3

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Tough and lengthy. I spoke to a lot of people on the phone, and meet with a lot of people onsite for an IC role. You meet with HM, Human Resources, Peers, other Managers, someone outside of organization. Be prepared for a long day, and the schedule will change likely.

Interview Questions

• Ability to deal with ambiguity, innovation, customer obsession   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After working with few top brands, I feel Amazon has an outstanding interview process and practice. I have learnt a lot during the interview process, as they have leadership competencies based interview questions which has definitely helped me to refresh all of my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions that are based on Amazon's leadership, which get in lines to the work experience..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very very lengthy, they use behavioral based interview questions to really dive deep into what your skill set is, what projects you've managed, how strategic and tactical you can be...

Interview Questions

• All of them were tough; this is not a casual process for the super passive job seeker; you need to be prepared to speak to metrics, projects, specifics. Don't be intimidated; stay calm and really talk comfortably about your accomplishments and successes. Yet, don't be overconfident. Be able to be "vocally self critical" when appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

challenging but we got to a mutually agreed upon package

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)).

Interview

In total, I had around 5 hours worth of interviews including 4 hours of back to back F2F interviews, and 2 telephone interviews. It was pretty horrible being kept in a small dark room with no windows and without a decent break in-between each of the interviews. The interview was quite one-sided and i didn't feel like I was sold the role at all. I left feeling that I didn't really want to work there! I didn't receive detailed feedback for why I had been rejected either, which considering I invested so much time in the process was quite bad. I was just told that there were stronger candidates with more exposure to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions eg, tell me about a time when you have made a quick decision using data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long interview process - but worth it. Had one 45 minute phone interview.. two weeks later met with about 4 people in person in Seattle. They ask you mostly behavioral "tell me about a time when" questions.. As long as you study the Leadership Principles and relate them to your work/leadership experience, you will be fine. It was a very difficult interview but also fun. My interviewers were very accommodating, personable, and SMART. It was awesome to learn about their experiences at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a customer's experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Called a few days before hand to prep you for their interview process. Want you to respond in "STAR" format. All behavioral based questions - all very specific situations. I had four, one hour interviews, all back to back. Exhausting, seemed to ask a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went along with a group decision even though you did not agree with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred by internal candidate, heard back within 48 hours. Had an initial interview with recruiter that emailed me questions ahead of time. Shortly thereafter, had a 45 min interview with hiring manager, 24 hours later, was given notice that I would be invited for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Why are you looking elsewhere?
      Research the Amazon Leadership Principles / many of the questions were similar to "tell me about a time where..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Did my onsite at a hotel - rare for my position. It was excellent accommodations and the interviewers were nice. Did three phone screens beforehand. Overall it was a good process. There are horror stories out there but I could not have had a better experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Amazon interview process is well described here so I'll add what I think will be useful. Amazon have a number be of key characteristics that they look for. You'll find these online easily. You have a couple of rounds of phone interviews where they ask you pretty standardised questions. "Can you give me an example of a time where you've had to do a piece of work out of your comfort zone" these types of questions. If you can keep your answers backed with data and concrete short examples you will do well the Interviewer was honnest and told me that I had waffled to much. Fair point.

Interview Questions

• Standard Co. Potency based interview questions. Almost one for each of their Competencies.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

I went online and found the position and applied via their website which was very easy to navigate. I was contacted very quickly after applying for the position which was great. I had the first phone interview four days after I applied and the second phone interview a week later. After that I heard nothing which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few times to give another example which got a little hard.   Answer Question