Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Tough and lengthy. I spoke to a lot of people on the phone, and meet with a lot of people onsite for an IC role. You meet with HM, Human Resources, Peers, other Managers, someone outside of organization. Be prepared for a long day, and the schedule will change likely.

Interview Questions

• Ability to deal with ambiguity, innovation, customer obsession   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After working with few top brands, I feel Amazon has an outstanding interview process and practice. I have learnt a lot during the interview process, as they have leadership competencies based interview questions which has definitely helped me to refresh all of my work experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions that are based on Amazon's leadership, which get in lines to the work experience..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very very lengthy, they use behavioral based interview questions to really dive deep into what your skill set is, what projects you've managed, how strategic and tactical you can be...

Interview Questions

• All of them were tough; this is not a casual process for the super passive job seeker; you need to be prepared to speak to metrics, projects, specifics. Don't be intimidated; stay calm and really talk comfortably about your accomplishments and successes. Yet, don't be overconfident. Be able to be "vocally self critical" when appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

challenging but we got to a mutually agreed upon package

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred by internal candidate, heard back within 48 hours. Had an initial interview with recruiter that emailed me questions ahead of time. Shortly thereafter, had a 45 min interview with hiring manager, 24 hours later, was given notice that I would be invited for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Why are you looking elsewhere?
      Research the Amazon Leadership Principles / many of the questions were similar to "tell me about a time where..."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Did my onsite at a hotel - rare for my position. It was excellent accommodations and the interviewers were nice. Did three phone screens beforehand. Overall it was a good process. There are horror stories out there but I could not have had a better experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Amazon interview process is well described here so I'll add what I think will be useful. Amazon have a number be of key characteristics that they look for. You'll find these online easily. You have a couple of rounds of phone interviews where they ask you pretty standardised questions. "Can you give me an example of a time where you've had to do a piece of work out of your comfort zone" these types of questions. If you can keep your answers backed with data and concrete short examples you will do well the Interviewer was honnest and told me that I had waffled to much. Fair point.

Interview Questions

• Standard Co. Potency based interview questions. Almost one for each of their Competencies.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

I went online and found the position and applied via their website which was very easy to navigate. I was contacted very quickly after applying for the position which was great. I had the first phone interview four days after I applied and the second phone interview a week later. After that I heard nothing which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few times to give another example which got a little hard.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in February 2016.

Interview

A short HR screen was followed by an invitation onsite for 5 back to back interviews. These were completely behavioural interviews with some technical questions on the side.
    The interviews went deep and were challenging but I truly enjoyed them. I felt like each interviewer made an effort to get to know me and several of the interviews evolved into interesting conversations on industry trends. I was invited to ask questions in turn and used the opportunity to gain insight into team culture, expectations and plans.
    These are not interviews where you can "wing it". Be prepared to open up on your experiences and learnings, expect to be probed on each answer and be prepared with details. Using the leadership principles for preparation will help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Sitting in a windowless room for 8 hours with only a 30 minute break to eat lunch alone. And writing an essay before the interview. Each interviewer was late, which was somewhat disrespectful, and described a culture in which people talk over each other and seemed overly competitive rather than collaborative

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall the specific questions, but some of them were completely irrelevant to my job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great. Amazon was in constant communication with me throughout the entire process. Although I was very intimated about the interview process after reading other reviews, I thought everyone was really friendly and tried their best to make me feel comfortable. At the end of the day it is an interview and you are going to be asked questions and then probing questions, so I can understand why some people have problems with their interviewing style but Amazon is a VERY UNIQUE place to work and they truly want to make sure you would be a good fit.

After my onsite interview I heard back from them less than a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate my base salary, but they didn't budge.