Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.3

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Gorgeous building, hipster-ville, I was totally out of place dressed in a suit. Lots of security, and the interviewer was nice but aloof. Interview was very basic - the second person never showed up to the interview (which should have been a sign) - they said they would make their decision by the end of the week, however they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 different tasks (she listed them out) - how do you proceed with your day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews - second all competency based.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Reched out ot me for a postion after 2 phone interviews, never heard back from them, even after a follow up email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Dulles, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

So-So. Recruiters are always 1st face, didnt do anything for me, if anything, it gave me an idea of what the group would be like.

Interview Questions

I got an initial email from the recruiter and he and I talked about my experience and what I have been doing. He said, looks like a fit and I will set up with the hiring manager, which turns out to also be a SR. Recruiter. man, Ive always thought recruiting is the 1st face /impression, she was just blah, and maybe its the culture of, if youre not here yet, why should you be or I am better than you. That was a big turn off.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Amazon by a Staffing Agency. I was extremely excited about the possibility of working for Amazon. The interview was very unprofessional and the questions were for the most part irrelevant. At some point I felt he was not even paying attention to me. Before we got to the table to begin the interview I knew I did not want to work for/with this person.

Interview Questions

• Do you like living in Vancouver?   2 Answers
    • Please give me samples of boolean searches for a software developer.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Paris (France)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website, I didn't go through all the procedure, they called me and asked me one questions : what is your nationality ! and since I am not a European citizen, and even if I have the requested competences, they said that they can't do anything about it... in my opinin this is discrimination !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was referred by a family member.
    The interview consisted of one initial phone interview followed by phone interviews with 2 additional Recruiters and the Hiring Manager.
    The Recruiters asked behavioral questions (describe a time when you had to complete a difficult task, have you ever had any disagreements with co-workers and how long I would stay with them). The hiring manager had questions about my gap in employment which lead to her believing that I would not "stay" with the company and would "move on" after immediately being hired.
    They also mentioned that I would have to convince them that I would stay for the required 1.5 years, but due to my background and education, the hiring manager was not convinced I would make that commitment.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you did not like about your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied and within three hours I received an email from a recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview with her for the following day. When I spoke with her she was clearly reading from a list of interview questions. She did not seem to be very knowledgeable of the Amazon practices. I had two fairly basic questions about job growth potential and a high level benefits questions and she was unable to answer those questions. She said she would find out the answer and email me. She emailed and followed up asking me to do another phone interview with three different people and then ended up doing an in person interview but still never answered my questions. It was a fast process but felt like they were elusive answering some of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing about your job now?
      How do you currently source candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume online to a few jobs I felt I was qualified for - and waited for the responses..which did come. Set up phone calls via email (with questions to respond to). Efficient - but I withdrew my resume from consideration early on so I can't say what the real process would entail.

Interview Questions

• They start out with an email asking you for your compensation expectations, basic questions that are on your resume but not a big deal. Then the phone interviews...were not that challenging but relevant. The recruiters seemed focused on getting things done which was good. My first call however, was a recruiter pushing a job that 1) I had not applied for 2) I was not interested in - with a lure of being "able to change after a few months." Which was...disappointing - not in the recruiter but more in that I would potentially be having to do the same bait and switch for other roles if I were take a job there and I noted - why would someone hire me from this random, non core (and non interesting team) for one of the more interesting roles. Oh, and the first phone question was "how much of a pay cut would you take"...again, not the recruiter's fault just disappointing (and again, not thrilled at the potential of having to do that to others. That is never a great way to secure "top talent" which combined with Amazon's rough reputation...a tough sell. How Amazon gets "top talent" like it says it does - is a mystery to me these days (if they do at all.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer