Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Gorgeous building, hipster-ville, I was totally out of place dressed in a suit. Lots of security, and the interviewer was nice but aloof. Interview was very basic - the second person never showed up to the interview (which should have been a sign) - they said they would make their decision by the end of the week, however they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• You have 5 different tasks (she listed them out) - how do you proceed with your day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews - second all competency based.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Reched out ot me for a postion after 2 phone interviews, never heard back from them, even after a follow up email.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Amazon by a Staffing Agency. I was extremely excited about the possibility of working for Amazon. The interview was very unprofessional and the questions were for the most part irrelevant. At some point I felt he was not even paying attention to me. Before we got to the table to begin the interview I knew I did not want to work for/with this person.

Interview Questions

• Do you like living in Vancouver?   2 Answers
    • Please give me samples of boolean searches for a software developer.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Paris (France)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website, I didn't go through all the procedure, they called me and asked me one questions : what is your nationality ! and since I am not a European citizen, and even if I have the requested competences, they said that they can't do anything about it... in my opinin this is discrimination !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was referred by a family member.
    The interview consisted of one initial phone interview followed by phone interviews with 2 additional Recruiters and the Hiring Manager.
    The Recruiters asked behavioral questions (describe a time when you had to complete a difficult task, have you ever had any disagreements with co-workers and how long I would stay with them). The hiring manager had questions about my gap in employment which lead to her believing that I would not "stay" with the company and would "move on" after immediately being hired.
    They also mentioned that I would have to convince them that I would stay for the required 1.5 years, but due to my background and education, the hiring manager was not convinced I would make that commitment.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you did not like about your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume online to a few jobs I felt I was qualified for - and waited for the responses..which did come. Set up phone calls via email (with questions to respond to). Efficient - but I withdrew my resume from consideration early on so I can't say what the real process would entail.

Interview Questions

• They start out with an email asking you for your compensation expectations, basic questions that are on your resume but not a big deal. Then the phone interviews...were not that challenging but relevant. The recruiters seemed focused on getting things done which was good. My first call however, was a recruiter pushing a job that 1) I had not applied for 2) I was not interested in - with a lure of being "able to change after a few months." Which was...disappointing - not in the recruiter but more in that I would potentially be having to do the same bait and switch for other roles if I were take a job there and I noted - why would someone hire me from this random, non core (and non interesting team) for one of the more interesting roles. Oh, and the first phone question was "how much of a pay cut would you take"...again, not the recruiter's fault just disappointing (and again, not thrilled at the potential of having to do that to others. That is never a great way to secure "top talent" which combined with Amazon's rough reputation...a tough sell. How Amazon gets "top talent" like it says it does - is a mystery to me these days (if they do at all.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back vie email a few weeks later asking for me to specify what times I was available for the next 3 weeks, including the week that was to start in 3 days time. I didn't hear back for a week a half. Then woke up and saw an email that was sent late the previous night requesting a telephone interview for the same day. I replied to agree to the interview, and reminded them to call my landline not mobile and gave the number. That day the inteviewer called my mobile so asked to call back on my landline.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. She opened by asking if I was headhunted or if I applied online (surprised she didn't know which one), and then 'processed' my interview. She did not use a conversational style, more just obviously went through a preprepared checklist of questions (nothing really to do with my cv, experience,etc.) just the list they must go through with each other. She sort of explained the role, but I didn't get a complete picture. She just seemed all over the place.

2 Weeks later I received a generic not shortlisted to the next stage email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you took on a task that was not part of your daily job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Currently still in process. Started with two 30-45 minute phone interviews with two different recruiters over a period of three weeks. Next step is in person interviews in Seattle. The recruiters have been very informative and professional. It's been enjoyable to this point.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you worked with a difficult client, how you handled it and the outcome.   Answer Question