Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, went well until I asked about salary and benefits. In today's market, this should be discussed so as to not waste anyone's time. The recruiter seemed to be offended I asked, as it seemed I should just be happy that I would be working for Amazon. After reading other reviews, it appears that Amazon has mediocre at best benefits and compensation.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Amazon?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I concur with the other interview posts about the process being unprofessional, rude & waste of my valuable time. Amazon reached out to me to be considered for relocation to Seattle for a position. Two very disjointed phone screens and then passed along to another Sr. Recruiter to discuss a role on the same team. She acted completely put out that she had to interview me. 45 mins of discussing my background, agile talent acquisition strategy, metrix, on & on. Note, I have more experience than this person and she was condescending and very off putting. MY CHOICE is PASS!!!! Wouldn't want to work with this person. Too bad as Amazon needs to hire close to 100,000 more people & needs resources for the team to keep up with the robust hiring needs. ADVICE to Leadership -create a better candidate experience and do not let interviewers with a chip on their shoulder conduct interviews and make decisions to disposition.

Interview Questions

• STARS behavioral questions. The interviewer acted like she had something to prove to me and asked why I'm even applying. I was recruited by Amazon so act like a professional and not create such a poor candidate experience.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back vie email a few weeks later asking for me to specify what times I was available for the next 3 weeks, including the week that was to start in 3 days time. I didn't hear back for a week a half. Then woke up and saw an email that was sent late the previous night requesting a telephone interview for the same day. I replied to agree to the interview, and reminded them to call my landline not mobile and gave the number. That day the inteviewer called my mobile so asked to call back on my landline.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. She opened by asking if I was headhunted or if I applied online (surprised she didn't know which one), and then 'processed' my interview. She did not use a conversational style, more just obviously went through a preprepared checklist of questions (nothing really to do with my cv, experience,etc.) just the list they must go through with each other. She sort of explained the role, but I didn't get a complete picture. She just seemed all over the place.

2 Weeks later I received a generic not shortlisted to the next stage email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you took on a task that was not part of your daily job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon reached out to me. I had a couple phone interviews then was scheduled for an on-site set of interviews. Had 6 interviews with a lunch break with one of the interviewers. Most of the interviewers were pleasant though completely uninterested in my background and real experience. They each had a couple questions presented in the STAR format and had little time for anything else. A couple interviewers seemed somewhat perturbed to have to conduct interviews, one was late and was obviously rushed and kept cutting me off mid sentence.

As I came into the building and waited I was truly excited about the possibility but as the day wore on and I felt how truly little the interviewers appeared to care for me as a person that excitement wore down. By the time I left I could have gone either way. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

I can say, that it was apparent that I may have been the oldest person in the building that day and style and comfort wise they probably did not see me as a fit. Since they don't give any interview feedback there is no real way of telling and I am sure they are smart enough to never mention age as a factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with leadership   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

Es gab eine Einladung nach der Online Bewerbung zu einem ersten telefonischen Gepsräch. Insgesagt dauerte das Gespräch nicht so lange wie angekündigt sondern nur ca. 20min. Trotz der kürze war es ein sehr angenehmes und nettes Telefonat.

Interview Questions

• Was mich als Recruiter qualifiziert
      kurzer Englischtest (What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this new job?)
      Was waren Highlights und Enttäuschungen bei ihrer Arbeit im Recruitment?
      Was ist erfolgreiches Recruitment für sie?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and brought in for a in personal interview. I was told I would have an answer the next day but one week later finally got an answer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you interested in Amazon. Very short   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I am an recruiter and i was aspiring to be a part of Amazon's recruitment team. I approached some professionals (Hoped so) from Recruitment team of Amazon through LinkedIn and managed to get my interview scheduled through an Recruitment Coordinator on 16-Sep-16.

In the interview invite shared by the RC there was no details of the Designation/ Job title that i was being considered for( Amazon has Recruiters as well as RC's as part of their team)

After going through 3 rounds of interview, I patiently waited for feedback and there was no response from the RC. I decided to write back asking for feedback and on Sep 28th (12 days later) i received a call from the RC asking my availability to meet the Director of Recruitment team on 29th or 30th. I asked him to schedule my interview on 30th evening for which he called back saying the Director is unavailable in the city on 30th and hence will be confirming my interview schedule by 3-Oct-16.

I patiently waited for the call and after 3 days of wait i decided to follow up with the RC on 6-Oct-16 on the status of my candidature. The RC gave me a call to schedule my interview on 7-Oct-16.

On the interview day, I reported early to the venue and finally got a chance to meet the concerned person only to be shocked and humiliated from inside within the first 5 minutes of the interview !
    Firstly , He said that it is going to be a contractual role and not an FT position , Which i was not informed about earlier by the RC (OR) even by the Recruiters who interviewed me.
    Secondly , He said there is only an RC position open and they are not looking to hire recruiters ! He also said that he would continue interviewing me only if i am fine for a RC role. I said i am not interested and walked off the venue.

Had they informed me that my skills are limited for a Recruiter role, I would have taken the feedback to improve myself. Why waste 21 days of my time keeping me anticipated ?

is Communicating about the Employment type, Job title and Role are not the basics of a recruitment professional ? comments awaited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Before you get called for the onsite interview always remember, Amazon as a company is averse to hiring for potential in a candidate. They look for candidates with a certain something and even if you are an extremely capable candidate there could be chances that you will still get rejected. I had two phone screens with various recruiters and then was called for an onsite in person interview in their Seattle office. All this happened in a very quick timeframe , so if they are really looking for someone and you come across as a good prospect on the phone rounds they will move forward quickly. They provide excellent accommodation, travel is also taken care of by their teams and reimbursements on expenses. At the onsite I was subjected to ONLY behavioral interviews with 7 interviewers for 7 hours, no food was offered.
    It is continuous and back to back . Lots of behavioral /situational type questions only. What they tend to forget is success is a relative term and will differ based on different companies, different career stages, different teams, bosses and company cultures. It was NOT a difficult interview, more so if you have different situations from your past experiences prepped in your mind ahead of time. Also recruiting is not rocket science so their questions are not tailored for a role , its more of a company wide parameter based questionnaire that the interviewers ask questions from. I felt a lot of questions were irrelevant to the role i will be performing if hired. Also they also do not share feedback for rejections , so one never learns.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a complex situation with a simple situation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Amazon interview process is well described here so I'll add what I think will be useful. Amazon have a number be of key characteristics that they look for. You'll find these online easily. You have a couple of rounds of phone interviews where they ask you pretty standardised questions. "Can you give me an example of a time where you've had to do a piece of work out of your comfort zone" these types of questions. If you can keep your answers backed with data and concrete short examples you will do well the Interviewer was honnest and told me that I had waffled to much. Fair point.

Interview Questions

• Standard Co. Potency based interview questions. Almost one for each of their Competencies.   Answer Question