Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.3

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, behavior-based questions. Interviewers were nice and fair. It lasted the entire day, some of the questions were repeated. Afterwards, I was contacted within the time that they said I would be and the recruiter carefully walked me through the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
    Tell me about a time you had to disagree with your manager.
    Tell me about a time you had to manage fluctuating priorities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The process is structured, if not overly so. Each interviewer were assigned a set of questions they were responsible for covering. Interviewers flipped through their pages of questions, took notes, and moved on to the next question. It was unclear why I was meeting some of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were situational/behavioral, around my experience in managing the recruitment function.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)).

Interview

In total, I had around 5 hours worth of interviews including 4 hours of back to back F2F interviews, and 2 telephone interviews. It was pretty horrible being kept in a small dark room with no windows and without a decent break in-between each of the interviews. The interview was quite one-sided and i didn't feel like I was sold the role at all. I left feeling that I didn't really want to work there! I didn't receive detailed feedback for why I had been rejected either, which considering I invested so much time in the process was quite bad. I was just told that there were stronger candidates with more exposure to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions eg, tell me about a time when you have made a quick decision using data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long interview process - but worth it. Had one 45 minute phone interview.. two weeks later met with about 4 people in person in Seattle. They ask you mostly behavioral "tell me about a time when" questions.. As long as you study the Leadership Principles and relate them to your work/leadership experience, you will be fine. It was a very difficult interview but also fun. My interviewers were very accommodating, personable, and SMART. It was awesome to learn about their experiences at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved a customer's experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, went well until I asked about salary and benefits. In today's market, this should be discussed so as to not waste anyone's time. The recruiter seemed to be offended I asked, as it seemed I should just be happy that I would be working for Amazon. After reading other reviews, it appears that Amazon has mediocre at best benefits and compensation.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Amazon?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Called a few days before hand to prep you for their interview process. Want you to respond in "STAR" format. All behavioral based questions - all very specific situations. I had four, one hour interviews, all back to back. Exhausting, seemed to ask a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went along with a group decision even though you did not agree with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The questions were fairly typical and nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't too impressed with the process, as it seemed a bit unorganized with timing and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult manager.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

2x phone interviews of 45 minutes, followed by a panel of 5-6 people all for 45 minutes each. The entire process was very structured and it seems that everyone who joins Amazon is interviewed in exactly the same way.

The phone calls were positive, but many of the questions in the face to face panel were highly arbitrary and really put me off the position. I did not feel that the process was at all interested in truly finding out about me, my experiences, what makes me tick and what creativity and ideas I would have. Instead it was all geared towards finding out if I fit the Amazon leadership principals and culture. I decided to decline the offer because this level of structure and repetition, whilst clearly effective and necessary for such a successful business, does not suit me at all.

Interview Questions

• Lots of very similar questions related to the amazon leadership principals. Quite repetitive. Example: tell me about a time you received negative feedback, and how did you react to this and address the feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I concur with the other interview posts about the process being unprofessional, rude & waste of my valuable time. Amazon reached out to me to be considered for relocation to Seattle for a position. Two very disjointed phone screens and then passed along to another Sr. Recruiter to discuss a role on the same team. She acted completely put out that she had to interview me. 45 mins of discussing my background, agile talent acquisition strategy, metrix, on & on. Note, I have more experience than this person and she was condescending and very off putting. MY CHOICE is PASS!!!! Wouldn't want to work with this person. Too bad as Amazon needs to hire close to 100,000 more people & needs resources for the team to keep up with the robust hiring needs. ADVICE to Leadership -create a better candidate experience and do not let interviewers with a chip on their shoulder conduct interviews and make decisions to disposition.

Interview Questions

• STARS behavioral questions. The interviewer acted like she had something to prove to me and asked why I'm even applying. I was recruited by Amazon so act like a professional and not create such a poor candidate experience.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back vie email a few weeks later asking for me to specify what times I was available for the next 3 weeks, including the week that was to start in 3 days time. I didn't hear back for a week a half. Then woke up and saw an email that was sent late the previous night requesting a telephone interview for the same day. I replied to agree to the interview, and reminded them to call my landline not mobile and gave the number. That day the inteviewer called my mobile so asked to call back on my landline.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. She opened by asking if I was headhunted or if I applied online (surprised she didn't know which one), and then 'processed' my interview. She did not use a conversational style, more just obviously went through a preprepared checklist of questions (nothing really to do with my cv, experience,etc.) just the list they must go through with each other. She sort of explained the role, but I didn't get a complete picture. She just seemed all over the place.

2 Weeks later I received a generic not shortlisted to the next stage email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you took on a task that was not part of your daily job?   Answer Question