Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The questions were fairly typical and nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't too impressed with the process, as it seemed a bit unorganized with timing and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult manager.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

2x phone interviews of 45 minutes, followed by a panel of 5-6 people all for 45 minutes each. The entire process was very structured and it seems that everyone who joins Amazon is interviewed in exactly the same way.

The phone calls were positive, but many of the questions in the face to face panel were highly arbitrary and really put me off the position. I did not feel that the process was at all interested in truly finding out about me, my experiences, what makes me tick and what creativity and ideas I would have. Instead it was all geared towards finding out if I fit the Amazon leadership principals and culture. I decided to decline the offer because this level of structure and repetition, whilst clearly effective and necessary for such a successful business, does not suit me at all.

Interview Questions

• Lots of very similar questions related to the amazon leadership principals. Quite repetitive. Example: tell me about a time you received negative feedback, and how did you react to this and address the feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I concur with the other interview posts about the process being unprofessional, rude & waste of my valuable time. Amazon reached out to me to be considered for relocation to Seattle for a position. Two very disjointed phone screens and then passed along to another Sr. Recruiter to discuss a role on the same team. She acted completely put out that she had to interview me. 45 mins of discussing my background, agile talent acquisition strategy, metrix, on & on. Note, I have more experience than this person and she was condescending and very off putting. MY CHOICE is PASS!!!! Wouldn't want to work with this person. Too bad as Amazon needs to hire close to 100,000 more people & needs resources for the team to keep up with the robust hiring needs. ADVICE to Leadership -create a better candidate experience and do not let interviewers with a chip on their shoulder conduct interviews and make decisions to disposition.

Interview Questions

• STARS behavioral questions. The interviewer acted like she had something to prove to me and asked why I'm even applying. I was recruited by Amazon so act like a professional and not create such a poor candidate experience.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back vie email a few weeks later asking for me to specify what times I was available for the next 3 weeks, including the week that was to start in 3 days time. I didn't hear back for a week a half. Then woke up and saw an email that was sent late the previous night requesting a telephone interview for the same day. I replied to agree to the interview, and reminded them to call my landline not mobile and gave the number. That day the inteviewer called my mobile so asked to call back on my landline.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. She opened by asking if I was headhunted or if I applied online (surprised she didn't know which one), and then 'processed' my interview. She did not use a conversational style, more just obviously went through a preprepared checklist of questions (nothing really to do with my cv, experience,etc.) just the list they must go through with each other. She sort of explained the role, but I didn't get a complete picture. She just seemed all over the place.

2 Weeks later I received a generic not shortlisted to the next stage email.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you took on a task that was not part of your daily job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Amazon reached out to me. I had a couple phone interviews then was scheduled for an on-site set of interviews. Had 6 interviews with a lunch break with one of the interviewers. Most of the interviewers were pleasant though completely uninterested in my background and real experience. They each had a couple questions presented in the STAR format and had little time for anything else. A couple interviewers seemed somewhat perturbed to have to conduct interviews, one was late and was obviously rushed and kept cutting me off mid sentence.

As I came into the building and waited I was truly excited about the possibility but as the day wore on and I felt how truly little the interviewers appeared to care for me as a person that excitement wore down. By the time I left I could have gone either way. But nothing ventured nothing gained.

I can say, that it was apparent that I may have been the oldest person in the building that day and style and comfort wise they probably did not see me as a fit. Since they don't give any interview feedback there is no real way of telling and I am sure they are smart enough to never mention age as a factor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with leadership   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

Es gab eine Einladung nach der Online Bewerbung zu einem ersten telefonischen Gepsräch. Insgesagt dauerte das Gespräch nicht so lange wie angekündigt sondern nur ca. 20min. Trotz der kürze war es ein sehr angenehmes und nettes Telefonat.

Interview Questions

• Was mich als Recruiter qualifiziert
      kurzer Englischtest (What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this new job?)
      Was waren Highlights und Enttäuschungen bei ihrer Arbeit im Recruitment?
      Was ist erfolgreiches Recruitment für sie?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Referred by internal candidate, heard back within 48 hours. Had an initial interview with recruiter that emailed me questions ahead of time. Shortly thereafter, had a 45 min interview with hiring manager, 24 hours later, was given notice that I would be invited for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Why are you looking elsewhere?
      Research the Amazon Leadership Principles / many of the questions were similar to "tell me about a time where..."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Did my onsite at a hotel - rare for my position. It was excellent accommodations and the interviewers were nice. Did three phone screens beforehand. Overall it was a good process. There are horror stories out there but I could not have had a better experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and brought in for a in personal interview. I was told I would have an answer the next day but one week later finally got an answer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you interested in Amazon. Very short   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer