Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Did my onsite at a hotel - rare for my position. It was excellent accommodations and the interviewers were nice. Did three phone screens beforehand. Overall it was a good process. There are horror stories out there but I could not have had a better experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and brought in for a in personal interview. I was told I would have an answer the next day but one week later finally got an answer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you interested in Amazon. Very short   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I am an recruiter and i was aspiring to be a part of Amazon's recruitment team. I approached some professionals (Hoped so) from Recruitment team of Amazon through LinkedIn and managed to get my interview scheduled through an Recruitment Coordinator on 16-Sep-16.

In the interview invite shared by the RC there was no details of the Designation/ Job title that i was being considered for( Amazon has Recruiters as well as RC's as part of their team)

After going through 3 rounds of interview, I patiently waited for feedback and there was no response from the RC. I decided to write back asking for feedback and on Sep 28th (12 days later) i received a call from the RC asking my availability to meet the Director of Recruitment team on 29th or 30th. I asked him to schedule my interview on 30th evening for which he called back saying the Director is unavailable in the city on 30th and hence will be confirming my interview schedule by 3-Oct-16.

I patiently waited for the call and after 3 days of wait i decided to follow up with the RC on 6-Oct-16 on the status of my candidature. The RC gave me a call to schedule my interview on 7-Oct-16.

On the interview day, I reported early to the venue and finally got a chance to meet the concerned person only to be shocked and humiliated from inside within the first 5 minutes of the interview !
    Firstly , He said that it is going to be a contractual role and not an FT position , Which i was not informed about earlier by the RC (OR) even by the Recruiters who interviewed me.
    Secondly , He said there is only an RC position open and they are not looking to hire recruiters ! He also said that he would continue interviewing me only if i am fine for a RC role. I said i am not interested and walked off the venue.

Had they informed me that my skills are limited for a Recruiter role, I would have taken the feedback to improve myself. Why waste 21 days of my time keeping me anticipated ?

is Communicating about the Employment type, Job title and Role are not the basics of a recruitment professional ? comments awaited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Phone screen with recruiter went well and then had a phone screen with Recruitment Lead. I was invited for onsite interviews which lasted all day. Interview segments of one hour each with no break except for lunch. Almost everyone scheduled for the interview time slot was running late, which I found a little odd. The reason given every time was that they were incredibly busy. This came off as slightly unprofessional especially for a high task oriented recruitment team. While I was sitting in the interview room, my door was cracked open and I heard couple of other recruiters complaining about their hiring manager expectations without showing any signs of discretion since other interviews were being conducted in a block of rooms nearby.

Very strong Leadership Principles but very weak in practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with you manager, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Before you get called for the onsite interview always remember, Amazon as a company is averse to hiring for potential in a candidate. They look for candidates with a certain something and even if you are an extremely capable candidate there could be chances that you will still get rejected. I had two phone screens with various recruiters and then was called for an onsite in person interview in their Seattle office. All this happened in a very quick timeframe , so if they are really looking for someone and you come across as a good prospect on the phone rounds they will move forward quickly. They provide excellent accommodation, travel is also taken care of by their teams and reimbursements on expenses. At the onsite I was subjected to ONLY behavioral interviews with 7 interviewers for 7 hours, no food was offered.
    It is continuous and back to back . Lots of behavioral /situational type questions only. What they tend to forget is success is a relative term and will differ based on different companies, different career stages, different teams, bosses and company cultures. It was NOT a difficult interview, more so if you have different situations from your past experiences prepped in your mind ahead of time. Also recruiting is not rocket science so their questions are not tailored for a role , its more of a company wide parameter based questionnaire that the interviewers ask questions from. I felt a lot of questions were irrelevant to the role i will be performing if hired. Also they also do not share feedback for rejections , so one never learns.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a complex situation with a simple situation.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

The Amazon interview process is well described here so I'll add what I think will be useful. Amazon have a number be of key characteristics that they look for. You'll find these online easily. You have a couple of rounds of phone interviews where they ask you pretty standardised questions. "Can you give me an example of a time where you've had to do a piece of work out of your comfort zone" these types of questions. If you can keep your answers backed with data and concrete short examples you will do well the Interviewer was honnest and told me that I had waffled to much. Fair point.

Interview Questions

• Standard Co. Potency based interview questions. Almost one for each of their Competencies.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2016.

Interview

I went online and found the position and applied via their website which was very easy to navigate. I was contacted very quickly after applying for the position which was great. I had the first phone interview four days after I applied and the second phone interview a week later. After that I heard nothing which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few times to give another example which got a little hard.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews. First with the recruiter who asked questions related to my professional background and described in more details the job scope. Second was with the hiring manager who then asked more specific questions using competency based interview techniques. I was not invited to the further stage (onsite interview) neither was I provided with the feedback as to why. Despite this my overall experience was positive. Interviews were conducted in a friendly and professional manner.

Interview Questions

• What was the most creative thing you did? What was creative about it?   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview after online numerical reasoning test. Hiring manager was not well prepared, was not aware of the qualifications and experience that I had on my CV. The interview only lasted for 15 minutes instead of the scheduled 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went beyond and above expectations for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Competency based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was an initial recruiter reach out and screen before being scheduled a phone interview with an in-house recruiter on the team I was applying for. Assuming the next steps would be an onsite interview to meet the team but have not heard back about feedback to move forward or pass. Moved quickly between first reach out and phone screens but has been about 2 weeks and no follow-up. Assuming they will not be moving forward but would have appreciated a quicker response or any response at all.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included previous experience, why looking to move, what you'd like to do, sourcing techniques, number of sourced candidates vs hired, most challenging experience, successful story and work style.   Answer Question