Amazon Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Talking to four people in one day. Each conversation lasted for about 45 minutes. Intense and they really dive deep into your experience and skills to ensure that you are the right person for the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Mostly typical behavioral questions asked. People were v pleasant, v polite. They want to see how you react in different situations and where the Amazon principles can be applied.
    Otherwise v smooth and relayed information at all stages pretty regularly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to compromise on your standards?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2016.

Interview

I applied 6 months ago and my status is still under review. I applied to 5 other Recruiting Coordinator job posting everytime there's a new post and it is still all under review. That is the SLOWEST Requisition I have ever encountered. Do they ever close out the requisition? Is there a coordinator that is in charge of this or is the recruiter supposed do this process, but keeps setting it aside? Hire me--and I'll make sure to disposition and regret all the candidates who did not make the cut. I will be the best recruiting coordinator you will ever have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Did the application online and didn't hear anything until an employee referred me. The phone interview took about 45 minutes and asked basic questions about real life situations where you had to deal with challenging obstacles.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Was contacted by a staffing company, had a screening phone interview and meeting with them, then was invited for a phone interview with Amazon. Two days later an onsite interview was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed at something   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process. I came to secure a first phone interview from a recommendation from a friend of a friend. Then she had me talk to her supervisor, who then set me up with a coordinator to set up the first official interview. I had to track down results, after they told me it would only take a couple days to hear back either way. It felt like I was getting the run around because I spoke to 3 different people before I finally got an answer that I wasn't moving forward in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with an email to schedule a phone interview then conducted the phone interview, got an email after 1 week with an apology for being late to reply and being sorry for not selecting me to proceed with the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: if you have to conduct an interview but the hiring manager is absent, will you do it yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Frustrating. I went through 3 phone interviews (2 with recruiters, 1 with the hiring manager). I had positive responses, and was invited on campus for an in-person interview. The questions were behavioral, following the STAR method, and focusing heavily around Amazons leadership principles. I had really great rapport with 3 of the 5 panel members I met with (including the manager who I would be working under), all stating that I would be a great fit, and that they could see how I could contribute in a positive way. I met with two gentlemen who I did not have a great conversation with. One seemed like he was trying to hard to be overpowering, and definitely showed distaste for my answers in an unprofessional manner. After all was said, they called the next day, and said that I had a lack of experience for the position highlighting characteristics I went over in my conversation with the two gentlemen I met with. Frustrating response considering they could have decided that in one of my three phone interviews, or by reviewing my resume prior to bringing me in and giving me false-hope that I would be a great fit for the company. Overall, make sure that you are "on" with all four/five panel members, as it seemed my fate with Amazon was ended by only one of the conversations I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were communicating with a colleague and it wasn't being well received.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

6 hour long process in one day. Super long. 45 minute long interviews with 5 different stages with one hour break before the final interviewer. My second interview had two people in it, but every other stage was just one person. They were really intrigued by my weaknesses as a worker and how I resolved my problems and weaknesses and how those experiences impacted me. They were really nice though and had different interview styles. Some talked about themselves more and some jumped straight into questions.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview. You need to review Amazon's leadership principles and think of examples beforehand. Lots of "Can you tell me a time when...?". The interview was a bit more than half an hour.

S.T.A.R.
    Situation
    Task
    Action
    Result

Use the above framework to help you answer questions.