Amazon Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.2

Enterprise Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with recruiter phone screen in Mid February and ended with a 7 hour long onsite interview in Mid April.

They are hiring a lot of solutions architect and they were trying me out for 2 different positions. Once I got through the first technical phone screen,

Phone Interview:

I was phone interviewed on my behavioral aspect based on situational questions: Example: Tell me about a time when you had to face an audience and what you did to keep their attention throughout the presentation.

Onsite Interview:
    They finally scheduled the onsite interview this week and I started with a presentation of my work sample. This was an hour long discussion with 4 interviewers in the room and one attending remotely. They stopped me at the right times and asked questions which I thought I explained pretty well, but some of them kept coming back to the concept which I had already explained.

The presentation was followed by an interview from an individual who was not part of the hiring team and he was doing the interview over video conference. I felt the connection was pretty poor and some of the time we were both talking at the same time and I felt he did not get all of my responses correctly. He was doing my behavioral interview again- asking situational question based on my experience. I really felt we could have simply done a phone interview and would have ended up with better experience.

Then the interview was followed by a technical team member who asked about different architectures and some white boarding. I felt I really did hit some topics well.

I was accompanied for and bought lunch by a junior team member. The lunch was not part of the interview.

The after noon session started by remote phone interview of another team member who was testing my business acumen. This was a pre-sales role and they wanted to know my attitude and business awareness of spotting potential business opportunities whenever we are dealing with clients.

Then the Hiring Senior manager and manager interviewed me separately to finish off the process. This was also part technical and part attitude based questions.

I thought I got a vibe that they might give me a shot at the end of the day, but I got an email the next day stating they are not going to move forward with any offer and could not give any feedback as well.

It was disappointing to not get through and I have been brooding on what it might have been, where had I gone wrong and on the wasted opportunity to work with the leader in IaaS. But I am richer for the experience and I hope they really fix the remote video calling interview, becaue I felt it killed my flow at many times and the interviewer might have had a better sense of me if he had been onsite with me or even over the phone, especially considering he was not even the member of the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• How joint queries work
      White boarding architecture for mobile application with hybrid cloud.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I started with a phone screen tech interview and was asked to do 3 coding assignment. Reverse LinkedList, merge sorted list of lists into one sorted list. An interviewer was very friendly, but unfortunately, it was my first interview and I missed few points.

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a 40 minute phone conversation with an AWS recruiter. Discussion focused on high-level review of my resume and work experience. Next interview was two weeks later with the hiring manager. Interview was scheduled for 45 minutes and covered high-level job responsibilities and my qualifications. I had about 5 minutes to ask about AWS culture. Final step was an on-site series of six 45-minute interviews with various AWS employees [TDMs, Solutions Architects, Account Managers]. During these sessions, they chose from a list of questions to gauge how I would fit with the team. One interviewer chose two questions and probed in great detail. Others covered 5-8 questions and only required high-level responses.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up-to-date on the latest technology?   1 Answer

Associate Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with an online tech assessment, followed by a 45 minute phone interview consisting of only technical questions. After that, they flew me to San Francisco for an interview. I interviewed with 4 people for 45 minutes each. They asked STAR questions based on their leadership principles

Interview Questions

• Write a function to find all the permutations of a string.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had submitted my information online and received a call from an internal recruiter. She went through the standard screener questions focusing on my background and availability. She informed me of the next steps, time frame, and material to review as it would be discussed in future interviews. No one had reached out in the previously discussed time frame (few days) so I sent an email to the recruiter asking for details. No response, which is ironic as it conflicts several of their core values. Wasted time reviewing the material provided and recruiter simply ghosted.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step is a HR call where the technical recruiter discusses about your skill set, resume, experience and background in detail. In the technical phone screen, I was asked to explain my favorite project, my challenging project, the toughest project that I had to debug and a project that I finished successfully after the deadline was preponed. After that, I had a simple programming question which I did fairly well using Standard Template Libraries in C++ (as I had mentioned C++ as my preferred language for taking the interview).

Interview Questions

• Given two numbers, print the unique numbers from the list. Here are some examples of how to input and output should look like. Your solutions to this problem as comments are welcome as it would help me figure out my mistake if I made any as I didn't clear the phone screen.

Examples:

[I, you, are]
      1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly, sent application on website and then get email from HR. then 1 round phone interview about background and knowledge and skill and work experience 2 round skill chick coding data structure OS

Interview Questions

• How to create your test plan   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call for phone screen and got scheduled to be interviewed for coding challenge. I got to the coding challenge but the it seemed that I didn't find the correct solution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with Spring and Hibernate.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email to schedule a non-technical phone screening. Once I passed that, I was scheduled for a 1 hour technical phone screening with one of the QA managers. They asked me to write one function, interpret one function, and write test cases for a search bar.

Interview Questions

• Write test cases for a search bar.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by an HR from Amazon, then had a phone interview with one of the software engineers. The questions are not too hard. But you need to prepare for data structure, simple coding questions. Asked about time complexity.