Amazon Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

3.4

3,328 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process included two online challenges and an onsite interview. The coding questions were of ample difficulty. The onsite interview was excellent. The people were all very enthusiastic. Be prepared for any and all data structure and algorithms questions. Be sure to know all the Big O notations. Know all the projects you've been on and what difficulties you've faced and overcame. Lastly, have a good time.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Went through a total of 10 interviews with managers and recruiters. During the interview process Amazon recruiters advise that there is a potential for the interviewing managers not to show as they are "very busy". Two interviews of the 10 resulted in one no show and one 20 minutes late. 1) this should give you and indication where their priorities are at..certainly not with the employees or candidates 2) an effective interview process of 2-3 persons should be the max needed to make an assessment of a candidate. As Amazon is hiring thousands of people it is stretching their teams to conduct so many interviews of a single candidate.

Again due to the growth, turn over is very high for personnel moving interdepartmentally or choosing to leave the company. Managers don't know from one day to the next who will still be in their department.
    Ultimately did not choose to go with Amazon due to the above.

The interview process was 90% one sided with interviewers asking behavioral and situational based questions. Very little time left for a candidate to - likewise - assess if Amazon or the job is a fit for them. A more balanced approach may allow candidates to assess the environment, role and culture which is essential to take into consideration with Amazon.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to use the STAR method to answer questions about successes, failures (learnings).   Answer Question

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online to work at Amazon. They responded a few days later with an online coding exam. I signed a non-disclosure agreement, so I won't divulge the actual questions, but this exam had to do with debugging existing code and finding errors.

I was contacted again after my results were in. This time, I was to take a more complex coding test. This comprised of management/scenario questions, then after that we were given a parameter and told to write some code out. This was significantly more difficult than the first exam, and it had edge cases that we had to work out, given we met the time parameters.

Next, I was flown out to Seattle, WA for an interview. Here, we were given three interviews. The questions consisted of about 20% soft skills, and 80% coding skills. For the technical questions, we were required to write out more than just pseudocode; they wanted to actually code it.

Overall, I found the interview to be pleasant; everyone that I talked to was extremely nice, and they made me feel very welcome. However, I was not extended a job offer.

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website. A few weeks later a recruiter in Seattle called me. He scheduled a phone interview and a short questionnaire. We had a brief conversation and he let me know he felt I was a good fit. My next phone interview would be with the hiring manager. That interview was scheduled quickly. I had a 45 min convo with him. He was hard to read, so I am waiting to find out if I am selected for the next round. He asked a couple behavioral questions and gave me more info regarding the position.

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Manager on LInkedIN explaining the position and general questions. Once I agreed for an interview, the recruiter contacted me and sent me a OA assessment.
    OA Assesment consisted of 2 Coding questions : Easy to Medium questions (ADT and Graphs) and few behavioral questions. Heard back from the recruiter in 2 days that I had passed the test and was selected for an on-site interview.
    Recruiter called me and gave me more information about the position, asked me a few behavioral questions and very basic data structure/ algorithm questions (CS101).
    I was then transferred to a coordinator who arranged my trip and the logistics. They put me up in a boutique hotel in DT Seattle close to everything. Amazon has a lot of buildings in DT Seattle and it is easy to get confused about the venue, I strongly recommend arriving 30 mins prior to the interview time.
    On Site Interview: Met around 7 Amazonians, all were really nice and loved what they were doing. The interview consisted of 1 System Design, 3 Coding Interviews. Each interviewer spent 10-15 mins minutes going over behavioral questions. The second half of the interview was whiteboarding, follow up questions, pros and cons of my data structure selection and testing.
    One thing to keep in mind is the interviewer is there to help you, don't get intimidated by them. The want you to succeed in the interview.

The recruiter and the coordinator were very nice and helpful throughout the process. Even though I didn't get the job, I had a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Go through the principles of leadership as each interview has some behavioral questions in it.
      Practice coding on whiteboard, it is very different from solving it in an IDE or online.
      Go through the LeetCode questions and read about scalable system design questions.
      Concentrate on Graph, Binary Tree, HashMap, Stacks, Queues and Arrays etc..   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first and then called for an onsite interview to Amazon Seattle.In Onsite interview,I was interviewed by 4-5 interviewers.The overall interview process is very good and systematic.

Interviews was more on data structures and OOD design

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was through a contract company, so most of the process was much more informal than the typical Amazon interview. Had one phone screen and one in-person 'relaxed' interview with two of the senior members of the team. Both were very friendly and talked about the opportunities present to junior-level candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you begin improving our existing processes?
      What would be the first thing you would do on the team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First round was an online test which consisted of a few coding problems and a personality test. The second round was an onsite interview. I happened to have 4 interviews of an hour a piece though the recruiters told me it could be anywhere between 4 and 6. The recruiters were very helpful in preparing me for the interview. My best advice would be to listen to them and give yourself a week or two to prepare. You do have to sign an NDA before you can interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• While I can't share the specific questions they asked, I would reiterate, listen to your recruiter and take their advice seriously. Initially, I was not expecting to have to prepare so much I'm really glad I took the time to study up.   Answer Question

St Staffing Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with manager, followed by virtual interviews. Due to timing, I did not complete an on site interview, all we're
    done virtually over webcam.

Brand Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very succinct and to the point. Applied, answered a couple questions via email within the next two weeks, took a two part online test, and then got flown out for the final round interview. This consisted of an individual project, group project, and and interview to recap each part.