Amazon Seller Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Seller Support Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Grand Forks, ND) in August 2013.

Interview

Someone in the HR department called me a few days after I submitted my application online. This first call also turned out to be a phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of very basic interview questions and details of the job duties. After this brief interview, she invited me for an in-person interview a few days later.

When I arrived at the in-person interview, the HR person I'd interviewed with on the phone greeted me at the door and had me fill out a worksheet. The worksheet was just to make sure I had basic internet skills. It consisted of about 15 questions about amazon which I found mostly on the Amazon.com website or through google. I was given 20 minutes to complete it which ended up being plenty of time. When I was finished, she just looked it over really quickly and said "good." Next, she told me some more about the job and asked more basic interview questions. After that, she led me to another room to wait to interview with one of the managers.

When the manager got there, it was just me and him. He had about 10 interview questions printed out on paper and wrote down my answers as he went through each of them. He was very easy to talk to and any nerves I had going in had completely gone away. After the questions, he said I would have to do a background check and then the lady from HR would contact me in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected just basic interview questions.
    Tell me a time you dealt with an angry customer.
    Are you comfortable working under stress?
    Tell me about a time you had to work with an unpleasant coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was already established in the interview. The HR rep said that she was offering me the position and that was it.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting a resume along with a cover letter, I received an email inviting me to take the next step in the interview process. They sent me a link that would assess my skills and capabilities for the position. They tested me on my knowledge of MS Office and customer solution strategy to see how well I would be able to handle certain issues. After the assessment they gave me a call to schedule me for an interview. The recruiter sent me lots of helpful information to prepare for the interview. When I got to there I was interviewed by two different Seller Support managers. The first one asked about my previous experience in customer service, the second asked about my goals with Amazon.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to handle a difficult customer in your previous experience?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on the career website, and within that same day I was contacted by hr. They then sent me a link to take a skills/personality test which lasted about an hour. A lot of the questions were very customer service focused. After completing the test, it took about another day or so for them to notify me that I passed the assessment and then they invited me for a face to face interview. Hr then emailed details of the interview, information on the company, and helpful tips. The interview was then scheduled for the following week. When I arrived for the interview, I was met by hr and they had explained what to expect for the interview process and whether I had any questions. I then met with the supervisor and then the manager, and each meeting lasted about 30 minutes. A lot of the interview questions were very customer service oriented, and they wanted to hear about your work experiences and how you dealt with certain situations. Two days after the interview, I was then contacted by hr and was offered a position :)

Interview Questions

• Overall, the questions were very basic. They emphasize how Amazon is very customer-centric, so they want to hear your customer service experience and how you've dealt with difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. If selected for a face to face interview, hr explains benefits and pay rate prior to.

Seller Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2014.

Interview

Phone - 30 minutes with a hiring manager
    Met with Recruiter who I knew from college and who basically set everything up and checked my references/background
    Overall a professional, but long process.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process I took part in was comprised of 3 major components following the initial application.

Part one consisted of a standard questionnaire as well as a job-simulator which tested your ability to multitask with multiple computer applications while performing essential job functions. Part two was made up of a virtual interview which mainly featured standard screening questions (are you legally allowed to work in the US, do you have reliable transportation, etc.) as well as two writing assessments which tested your tact and conciseness in written communication. Part three was a face-to-face interview with multiple interviewers. The interview was comprised mainly of STAR behavioral questions to see how your actions fit in with the Amazon Leadership Principles

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amazon, specifically in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult or unpleasant customer you've had to deal with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the essential duties of your job.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle criticism? Tell me about a time you received harsh criticism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

4 rounds were there. Is not very easy and and so hard too. It's all up to a candidate that how well they perform. Interview process are really great. All the best.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2014.

Interview

I was greeted by an HR Representative, who led me to a small room with two chairs and a table. She was very polite and personable while asking typical interview questions. When finished, she offered me a position. After I accepted, she led me outside and informed me that she would reach out via email with times/dates for training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in a previous job in which you overcame a challenge to succeed?   1 Answer
    • What was your least favorite job and why didn't you like it?   Answer Question

Seller Support Associate Interview

Interview

JAM session followed by 2 personal interviews. JAM is just a minute session conducted to test your communication skills.
    They give a random topic and you have to speak as much as you can to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions.
      About the nature of the job, about the organization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Starting with a recruiter contacting me, and asking prescreening questions. Scheduled an onsite interview. Took 2 hours total. 30 minute writing Assessment, then 3, 30minute rounds with 3 different hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• They want you to use a STAR approach, as well as ask the manager questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2013.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions, a technology test to ensure you can navigate a computer and the internet and Excel, and an email test. The questions were hard but be sure to gather some examples of your work or schooling and be ready to use the specific examples to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and learned from it. How did this help you be successful in the future?   2 Answers