Amazon Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.6

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Overall difficult behavioral questions. Also was asked if a monthly amazon subscription was a good idea and how I would create a budget and a business plan for rolling it out. I didn't get the job due to lack of experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• Is a monthly amazon subscription a good idea? How would you create a business plan for it? Multiple behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Very fast. They gave me the opportunity to assign time-slots for the phone screening.
    The interviewer was very friendly and asked personality questions as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you not meet a deadline?
      State the P&L, what is it about?
      What do you have to consider if we want to open a warehouse in San Francisco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Several phone interviews with finance leaders. One HR prep interview. On site interview with 6 people. Two HR, one Ops, 3 finance leaders (not the ones from the phone interviews). The on site was the most intense, but the material helped to prep you - you need personal examples to align with their leadership principles. Most people were very nice, but as others have stated there is one person who acts in a mildly derogatory manner and insinuates that you don't know what you are talking about. I believe that is to determine how you react to someone pushing back. Stay cool and realize its a game.

There is a basic excel test you take prior to the scheduling of your on site.

They do a nice job of setting up your travel and provide a decent hotel, near to the site.

Although I had the experience and education that they were looking for - I had to repeatedly reach out to people for 3 weeks after the on site, asking for some resolution. The HR person said she had left me a VM (which she did not) and I finally got someone to tell me they weren't going to move forward with my candidacy.

In retrospect, I believe that it may be a case of age discrimination. Everyone I interviewed with was at least 10-15 years younger than I was. I have also spoken to another individual (around my age) who had the same experience and despite being very qualified - was abruptly dropped from the process after the on site. I never misrepresented myself, my experience and my social networking picture is current. Although I have no definitive proof - I would tell people over 50 to serious think about investing their time to prepare and travel to interview with a very company that values youth.

Other than the time I felt that I wasted, the overall experience was not negative until after the on-site and only because I couldn't get a definite answer and that was only one silly HR person. That's why I rated it as neutral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took a process or procedure and simplified it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I really appreciated how quickly the communication was between hr and updates. Although I wasn't interested in the particular role (corp. fpa) that would initiate for me to relocate, I'd love to be part of the corp. culture some day. It took a few weeks in getting initial response to my submission. The hrg. mgr seemed he has a highly stressed out job that only is reporting figures at high level. No time to analyze any data, which IS NOT an analytic type of role.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a "pod" - 5 45-minute interviews back to back. Once the interview process was complete I heard back the next business day. It was a smooth process and I was glad I had done my homework. The interviewers go very deep into your responses so you need to be able to give a lot of detail around your stories and tell the specifics of what you did to drive the business forward.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Recruiter called first, great conversation. Hiring manager phone interview - she was distracted and not listening. After asking me to walk through my resume, when I gave her examples of projects and models built, asked me again what models I had built.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to Amazon’s FLDP through the company and University career websites. There were two rounds. First round consisted of two 30-minute behavioral interviews. Second round consistent of one behavioral and one case interview, both 45-minutes. The rounds were spread over two consecutive days which was very helpful as it compressed timeline and uncertainty. However, the Amazon team only let us know very late the same day if we got through to the next round which I felt was a bit late. The final offers were sent out very quickly - on the third day. I really appreciated the speed of the process.

I was impressed by the seniority of the interviewers, which created a positive impression of the company: out of 4 interviews, 3 individuals were with company for a significant amount of time and were very senior. The interviews were conducted in a rapid questioning style. The vast majority of questions were behavioral. There were also some more financial questions, but they were relatively simple e.g., KPIs that you would use to measure effectiveness of an Amazon website. Finally, the Excel case required you to price a set of SKUs based on past data. There was no right answer to the case, but you had to be familiar with simple Excel formulas to be able to formulate your conclusions (vlookup, index/match, ifs etc., potentially pivot tables).

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Why FLDP?
      Have you ever been promoted? If so, why do you think they promoted you?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was required.
      Tell me about a time when you didn’t meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

1) Resumé got shortlisted through campus recruitment process
    2) A 45 minutes interview on phone - Behavioral, excel and detailed project level questions. The interview was intense
    3) An hour long excel exercise (was difficult)
    4) A tour at fulfillment center - You would be monitored with regard to your body language, your curiosity level, the questions you ask and your interaction with the tour guide. This feedback will be passed on to your other interviewers
    5) Day long interview - 4 one on one interviews. Again, behavioral but they go into deep technical details of each answer. They will cross question as to why you did that way or what was your approach or what could have been your alternate approach etc.

Very friendly and encouraging HR. Process was transparent and lightening fast.
    Interviewers were very learned, whatever they spoke reflected their experience and reflected how skilled a leader they are. Great experience !!

Interview Questions

• 1) How you handled risk
      2) How you showed creativity
      3) How you handled a conflict
      <general behavioral questions - nothing out of the world but as I said - they go deep to the roots>   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who asked for additional details like my available time and then set up the first phone screen. The process was fairly quick and i got the responses from the recruiter within 24 hours. The first phone screen was set up directly with the hiring manager for the next week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked in an area outside your area of expertise and how did it work out and similar behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and on site interviews with various leaders. Phone screen was focused on resume and very specific questions about my personal experience in various areas on and a number of projects. In person interviews are more intense. Questions and conversation centers around the company values. Some of the interviewers can be very aggressive and seem to want to throw you off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question