Amazon Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Recruiter called first, great conversation. Hiring manager phone interview - she was distracted and not listening. After asking me to walk through my resume, when I gave her examples of projects and models built, asked me again what models I had built.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied to Amazon’s FLDP through the company and University career websites. There were two rounds. First round consisted of two 30-minute behavioral interviews. Second round consistent of one behavioral and one case interview, both 45-minutes. The rounds were spread over two consecutive days which was very helpful as it compressed timeline and uncertainty. However, the Amazon team only let us know very late the same day if we got through to the next round which I felt was a bit late. The final offers were sent out very quickly - on the third day. I really appreciated the speed of the process.

I was impressed by the seniority of the interviewers, which created a positive impression of the company: out of 4 interviews, 3 individuals were with company for a significant amount of time and were very senior. The interviews were conducted in a rapid questioning style. The vast majority of questions were behavioral. There were also some more financial questions, but they were relatively simple e.g., KPIs that you would use to measure effectiveness of an Amazon website. Finally, the Excel case required you to price a set of SKUs based on past data. There was no right answer to the case, but you had to be familiar with simple Excel formulas to be able to formulate your conclusions (vlookup, index/match, ifs etc., potentially pivot tables).

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Why FLDP?
      Have you ever been promoted? If so, why do you think they promoted you?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was required.
      Tell me about a time when you didn’t meet a deadline.
      Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

1) Resumé got shortlisted through campus recruitment process
    2) A 45 minutes interview on phone - Behavioral, excel and detailed project level questions. The interview was intense
    3) An hour long excel exercise (was difficult)
    4) A tour at fulfillment center - You would be monitored with regard to your body language, your curiosity level, the questions you ask and your interaction with the tour guide. This feedback will be passed on to your other interviewers
    5) Day long interview - 4 one on one interviews. Again, behavioral but they go into deep technical details of each answer. They will cross question as to why you did that way or what was your approach or what could have been your alternate approach etc.

Very friendly and encouraging HR. Process was transparent and lightening fast.
    Interviewers were very learned, whatever they spoke reflected their experience and reflected how skilled a leader they are. Great experience !!

Interview Questions

• 1) How you handled risk
      2) How you showed creativity
      3) How you handled a conflict
      <general behavioral questions - nothing out of the world but as I said - they go deep to the roots>
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who asked for additional details like my available time and then set up the first phone screen. The process was fairly quick and i got the responses from the recruiter within 24 hours. The first phone screen was set up directly with the hiring manager for the next week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked in an area outside your area of expertise and how did it work out and similar behavioral questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen and on site interviews with various leaders. Phone screen was focused on resume and very specific questions about my personal experience in various areas on and a number of projects. In person interviews are more intense. Questions and conversation centers around the company values. Some of the interviewers can be very aggressive and seem to want to throw you off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazon interview process is quiet intense. Once you get contacted by a recruiter, he/she will set up a first phone screen, if that goes well then 2nd and then you will be called for on-site. Interviews are NOT AT ALL easy. It's intense. I didn't do well in my first phone screen because the interviewer asked me questions like, "What's the code for joining 2 tables in sql?".It felt like the entire time he was trying to prove that he's really smart cause he had a Ph.D. I applied to Amazon again and did great in the first phone screen because the interviews asked me behavioral questions and things about my resume. 2nd phone screen got extremely technical and case based. Interviewer really wanted to know number. For instance, what is a lot in $100K budget to stop spending?

Interview Questions

• Amazon wants to sell washing machines, how will you create a forecast model? Should Amazon sell washing machines?   1 Answer
    • Sql code for joining 2 tables   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to work with a large amount of data   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had two interviews both behavioral with questions on leadership principles, though you will not be told which particular leadership principle you are being tested on. It helps to know all 14 of them. One of the interviewers seemed tired or disinterested. Visited the Seattle campus and didn't think I would fit into the culture. The people did not seem very friendly. I doubt if I would have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you price Amazon Echo?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, warehouse tour, day of interviews in Seattle. Some panel interviews, but mostly one on ones. Interviewers were very different in styles. Most were nice but a few were combative. Lunch was funny and demonstrated their thrifty culture: Jimmy John's sandwich in a bag and can of soda. Started at 8 AM, done at 2 PM. Overall, an interesting process.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to demonstrate each of their leadership principals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some room, but not a lot.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Hired through campus recruiting. It is very straightforward. They gave the offer in 1 week after second round interview, and gave around 2 round for me to make the decision. no negotiation on the offer. all processes are efficient and effective.

Interview Questions

• All questions are fair. Most were focused on behavior questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. The interviewer asked about my resume, my understanding about amazon, and one case. It ended with asking questions about amazon and the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any article you red about Amazon recently.   Answer Question