Amazon Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn who told me about the position. I applied and received an email about flying out to D.C. for an interview the following week. The whole interview process took about 3 hours (two interviews in one day). The majority of the questions in the first interview were behavioral questions. The second interview was a case study where I had to explain what I would do in a hypothetical situation. The interviews were challenging, but doable as long as you take the time to study the information they provide and prepare answers ahead of time. The entire process from application to offer letter took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn to apply online. I submitted my application on a Friday and heard back six days later regarding the opportunity for an interview that would take place in a week. I looked on Glassdoor and a lot of people said that for this role, they had two rounds of interviews- a phone screen/video interview and then a final. For me, I just had the final interview. Amazon booked my travel and they reimburse you for food/taxi expenses. The hotel was one street away from the interview location, which was extremely convenient. I was impressed with the speed of the whole process. I prepared a lot for the interview by doing my research on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Google. You must know their leadership principles and be able to answer in STAR format. They want to see how to answer a question and relate it to your past experiences rather than memorizing something concrete. I would say the interview was much easier than I had anticipated. The environment was very calm and non-hostile. I was in a group with 7 other candidates and we were all split up to interview one on one with two different people. These are senior leaders in HR that work in different fulfillment centers. I had a wonderful time speaking with them and learning about the organization. Each interview took 45 minutes each, but they both felt like casual professional conversations. There is one case study involved, but it is not difficult. I would suggest pausing before you answer so you can process what you want to say. Do not ramble, but be specific and get to the point. Also, make sure you ask insightful questions at the end. They told me that I would hear back within five business days and I received an offer on the fifth day. The total compensation is very good for an entry-level position (salary, sign on payments, stock) but you just have to be okay with relocating nationwide.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

telephone interview then in person interview I was scheduled for a telephone interview then an in person interview, they do not give any notice for in person interview. I received an email Thursday for an interview friday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume on linkedin and I received an email from the recruiter 2 days later, I was excited and could not believe they reached out so quickly. The recruiter sent me a list of maybe 10 questions asking me to respond, I responded and she said that they would like to move forward in the interview process by scheduling a phone interview with HR . I have never had a phone interview so this was interesting. She asked for a window of dates (1 week) and times as well as the best phone number to contact me. The same day I received a response back and the phone interview was scheduled for 5 days later at 11 a.m. She let me know the person name and she also sent a great deal of information on preparation for the interview and about the company I thought that was great. (At first she said 11 pm but that was just a mistake it was for 11 a.m.) On that Monday I set aside time to wait for HR to call I waited and waited at 11:30 am I decided to call just in case they did mean 11 p.m. instead of 11 a.m., I even left the recruiter a message on her phone. I later received an email stating that HRgot tied up and would be reaching out to me shortly if i still have time to talk with him but if not let her know. I responded and told him I would be available. I finally received a phone call from him at 12:46 p.m. which was 1 hour and 46 minutes after scheduled. HR interviewer was great he was very informative about the company as well as his role at the company, he was very apologetic for the time mix up he was very energetic and made me feel very at ease. I can tell you now that all Amazon interviews are just as they tell you they are Behavioral questions and you have to use STAR method to answer; very frustrating for me because answering a few is okay but after answering about 9 of them over three different interviews it was overwhelming. I don't know if it is because I do not have experience interviewing with those type of questions or if I am not straight out of college so we were not really taught that as much when I went to school (Am I telling my age). But anyway this telephone Interviewer was by far one of the best people I have interviewed with I must say. The Interviewer let me know at the end of the phone call that he would be moving me to the next process and he was very impressed with my interview. By that afternoon I received an email asking for my availability for an in person interview. Again she gave me pointers for the interview and what to expect. I received an email from the HR Recruiter on a Thursday for an interview on Friday. I thought that was ridiculous, how do you let someone know about an in person interview less than 24 hours before the interview. I was very upset especially when the first interview was almost 2 hours late. Well get ready this is not the worst part. I print out the paperwork and try to prepare for the interview which is hard when you will have Behavioral questions. The interview was scheduled at 11:30 am. I arrive to the location noted on the paperwork at 10:30 a.m. just to relax before the interview however I did not go to the building until 11:15 a.m. When I arrived the security took about 5 minutes before they even acknowledged me after acknowledging me they asked for my ID and took it in the back never letting me know what was going on I sat waiting for 1 hour and 30 minutes when finally one of the Security guards came back and ask me who was I suppose to see (which I already told them) and that they have been binging HR but no one responded but she will go back and try again. Finally someone from HR come out and say she was not aware their was an interview and she is trying to get it resolved she apologized and told me about her role in the company I asked her a few questions and continued to wait. I finally was taken on a tour, then interviewed by 2 different people. The first interviewer was okay he made you feel comfortable and really worked with me on the questions he was new to amazon started in December 3 months prior and was still learning the company. The 2nd interviewer was not as friendly and she had been their for 6 years but was not easy to interview with. She looked at me and the look she gave let me know she didn't like me and i have no idea why, I think it was my age, everyone was very young. Seven days later I received a call saying I wasn't selected. The HR team need some work because that level of unprofessionalism is ridiculous. By the way the last interviewer never apologized for my wait I do not think she even cared.

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter via LinkedIn and was told more about Amazon and the position. Once I applied, It took two months to hear back for next steps. I got an email to do a video interview which was fairly simple. STAR questions were asked throughout the video interview. After submitting the video, I didn't hear back for another two months since it was peak season for Amazon. I finally received an email that they wanted to interview me at one of there interview locations in the midwest. Everything was covered through amazon including meals, transportation, hotel, etc. throughout the travel time. On the day of the interview, we were all in one room while two recruiters introduced themselves and explain how the interviews will go. You will interview with two amazon employees that work in higher positions. The questions they asked are STAR Questions, fairly simple but some were a little difficult to answer. Once the interviews were finished, you are done and sent back home. They told us that the wait time to hear back is five business days. I heard back within three that I got the position. The process/communication was okay but at times, I had to email them multiple times to get my interviewed time set up.

Be yourself throughout the entire interview but also be professional and answer your questions to the best of your ability. They want a logical answer versus the "right" answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY).

Interview

Hirevue - answered questions that the computer generated. You get two attempts per question, and after the second question, you can't review your answer. It's very imporant to answer questions using the STAR method.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by a recruiter within two weeks. I answered pre-screening questions and was scheduled a phone interview. Few days after the phone interview I was invited to interview in-person by a recruiter. The onsite interview consisted of a facility tour and two separate interviews. One interviewer was in HR the other was an Operations Manager. All questions from phone interview to the in-person interview were all STAR behavioral based questions. Each interviewer only asked about three questions and allowed questions at the end.

Both interviewers seemed disengaged and they did not ask anything related to HR.They typed in their computer while I answered questions and it felt like you were at the doctor's office and they were taking notes, not really engaged in the conversation. Both interviewers were kind and welcoming, but neither had a good poker face when it came to disliking the answer to your question. I have recruiting experience and that is a discouraging thing to do in an interview.
    If you're wondering how to dress for the interview keep it very casual; one of my interviewers was wearing shorts the other jeans and sneakers.

Overall I would say my experience with the recruiters from start to finish was great, they were very supportive. My on-site interview could have been more professional and interactive.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a tough decision, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Questions did not relate to the job at all. Not one question about HR. But I get it. They're looking for other aspects of how you'll handle things but for someone who's expecting those type questions....fail.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and enticing. They flew me to an interview location in NY/NJ, dangled benefits, overtime, bonuses, and a huge salary in my face but, it was not so once hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of company do you wish to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Avenel, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email to go to an on-site interview, Amazon paid for transportation and lodging, the interview was with two separate recruiters (45 minutes each), you were given a case-study and it was very conversation based.