Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.5

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received an email to set up a video chat. Had an initial interview via video chat, 30 minutes with two employees, and was extended a final interview as well, 45 minutes with 2 different employees. Interviews were a mixture of case and behavioral questions- the same for initial and final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
    Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss. What did you do?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews (1:1 format). Mainly behavior and mini case. They are all around the Leadership Principles of Amazon. Please make sure you are familiar with those. They interview a lot of candidates so it can feel a little mechanical/checking the box.

Interview Questions

• If your engineer tells you that a product launch will be delayed for 6 months, what would you do?   2 Answers
    • Tell me a time when you fail?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiting followed up by a phone interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager canceled on me twice, but they were very apologetic about it, however it's still not a very good candidate experience or first impression of the company. Both calls lasted 30-45 minutes and were basic phone screen type calls.

Interview Questions

• Basic S.T.A.R behavior questions. I.E., how would you handle this type of situation or tell me a time when you were faced with this problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process is 30 mins back to back, total 1 hour, interview is one on one type. Interviewers introduced their jobs first and then asked about my resume. Interview process is 30 mins back to back, total 1 hour, interview is one on one type. Interviewers introduced their jobs first and then asked about my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Warm and Comfortable.. More of behavioral questions and case study based approach. Questions more based on the current job experience with few questions relevant to the role at Amazon. One Telephonic interview followed by another one...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

A friend who was an internal reference got me an informal talk with the hiring manager. Applied the next day and got an email from HR a month later asking for a phone interview. They set up the phone conference and everything. First interviewed with a Finance Manager on the team on the phone for a half hour. Two days later got an invite to interview with the Development Manager on the phone for a half hour. Two weeks later I got an email saying that the hiring manager took a pass on me, but advised my resume stay in the system for other open roles. Really bummed I didn't get this one, but I can say that they gave me an honest shot and were professional about it.

First Interview Questions
    1. Go over your background in the products field
    2. Example of PM type work on your resume
    3. What does Product Management mean to you?
    4. How do you influence people who aren’t directly reporting to you?
    5. What’s the most innovative thing you’ve done?
    6. Example of a complex problem and making a simple solution
    7. Sacrificed short term gains for long term results
    8. Why Product Management?
    9. Talk about your SQL and Cognos experience
    10. Have you worked with dev teams before?

Second Interview Questions
    1. Tell me a project you planned from the beginning with dev?
    2. How did the ROI conversation go?
    3. Who was in charge in selling and how did you do it?
    4. Tell me about a time a project got delayed and what did you do?
    5. Tell a time when you had to cut features to make a deadline for the product?
    6. Best product launch / Worst launch?

Interview Questions

• Example of a complex problem and making a simple solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds, initially 2 rounds over the phone and one in person at Seattle. Phone interviews were straightforward. In person consisted of 5 different 45 mins interviews, all behavioral around Amazons leadership principles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The set up of the phone interview as very straight forward. Interview was over phone, the hiring manager was late to the call and did not have his laptop ready (he just returned from 3 weeks of paternity leave and had full day of back to back interviews).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

An Amazon recruiter wrote me about a gig in Seattle. I wasn't interested in relocating but they were nice enough to forward to a recruiter near me.

To my great surprise, they contacted me right away. We talked on the phone and had a good conversation. Seemed like a nice guy and he set up an interview within a week.

Day of Interview, almost 20 minutes late I get a call. Apparently they hadn't provided the Interviewer a phone number for me. She finally realized it was right on the resume.

She introduced herself and the team but said she couldn't tell me much as it is secret. Though I am pretty sure most if it is easy to figure out based on public information. Anyway, normal questions, tell me about yourself... strengths, weaknesses, etc. Then the question below.

The upside is that it would be a nice commute for me. The downside is pretty much everything I have heard about working at Amazon.

Still waiting to hear back. I'm not waiting around.

The interviewer was poor. The recruiter made it more interesting than the interviewer did. I was not "sold" in the least on the team or the company. I understand they want to keep the project secret but there are lots of exciting things Amazon does that we could have talked about.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of new users Amazon gets in a day?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial informational interview; Phone screen with team member; Phone screen with recruiter; Phone interview w/ team member; All-day series of 6 in-person interviews w/ team members, department members, and bar-raiser