Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Two back-to-back interviews (1:1 format). Mainly behavior and mini case. They are all around the Leadership Principles of Amazon. Please make sure you are familiar with those. They interview a lot of candidates so it can feel a little mechanical/checking the box.

Interview Questions

• If your engineer tells you that a product launch will be delayed for 6 months, what would you do?   6 Answers
  • Tell me a time when you fail?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Received an email to set up a video chat. Had an initial interview via video chat, 30 minutes with two employees, and was extended a final interview as well, 45 minutes with 2 different employees. Interviews were a mixture of case and behavioral questions- the same for initial and final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a boss. What did you do?   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process is 30 mins back to back, total 1 hour, interview is one on one type. Interviewers introduced their jobs first and then asked about my resume. Interview process is 30 mins back to back, total 1 hour, interview is one on one type. Interviewers introduced their jobs first and then asked about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiting followed up by a phone interview with hiring manager. The hiring manager canceled on me twice, but they were very apologetic about it, however it's still not a very good candidate experience or first impression of the company. Both calls lasted 30-45 minutes and were basic phone screen type calls.

Interview Questions

• Basic S.T.A.R behavior questions. I.E., how would you handle this type of situation or tell me a time when you were faced with this problem.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews (HR recruiter and two different hiring managers) followed by six onsite interviews that in my case were combined among two teams plus the so called "bar raiser".

Interview Questions

• Questions would get into a lot of details into past experiences and it was clear some interviewers were looking for something specific but the questions were not transparent   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 rounds, initially 2 rounds over the phone and one in person at Seattle. Phone interviews were straightforward. In person consisted of 5 different 45 mins interviews, all behavioral around Amazons leadership principles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial informational interview; Phone screen with team member; Phone screen with recruiter; Phone interview w/ team member; All-day series of 6 in-person interviews w/ team members, department members, and bar-raiser

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional failure?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I responded to an online job posting that was somewhat vague but intriguing. Email contact indicating a screening interview. But it was actually with the hiring manager who seemed distracted and unprepared for the interview. Honestly I'm not even sure if I was talking to the right person. In short a strange and unflattering experience for Amazon.

Interview Questions

• What experience to you have working with outside vendors/affiliates?   3 Answers

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of video interviews, 30 min. each in one day. The first interviewer asked me behavioral questions and the second interviewer asked me both behavioral and case questions. Questions were sometimes difficult as they asked more details in one question. Case was short but was about supply chain at which I was not good.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to take a new project or an existing one?
      What was your biggest challenge?
      What was your biggest achievements?
      How did you lead the team?
      How did you motivate the team?   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Structural-Behavior Interviews (2 phone interviews) + 6 interviews back to back on site, including a lunch. Lots of interview calls/discussions with hiring managers prior to choosing a role that was interesting.

Interview Questions

• What was your riskiest step or experience?   7 Answers