Amazon Senior User Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior USer Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

Had informal lunch with 3 members of the team. This was followed up with in-person interview loop where I met with 4-5 members of the team individually. Typically, there would have been a phone screen prior, and a presentation during the interview, but I had interviewed previously with this team for another role, so I was a more familiar person. Therefore, they skipped some of these steps. Typically, a researcher should expect to present some type of portfolio review of the projects they've done. There will also typically be hypothetical research problems presented in at least 1 or 2 of the interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging problem you had to solve and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slight increase in base pay, in exchange for slight decrease in signing bonus. I was basically happy with the offer that was made, but wanted to make that trade-off.