Amazon Senior Vendor Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Senior Vendor Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Call w recruiter to prep you for call with hiring manager. Hiring manager call, second round call with potential team member. Final rounds with 6 people at Amazon - mix of team members and related functions. Mostly questions about work experiences that exhibit qualities of Amazon leadership qualities and case studies of Amazon business.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very good process from initial contact with the recruiter, phone interviews, and on-site interview. They move relatively quickly from screen to on-site. The interview process is several individuals or pairs with limited amount of time. Everybody records your answers on laptops, which is odd and a bit off-putting

Arguably the only downside is that they try to rotate people to interview your relatively quickly so you have limited time to really have a decent dialogue and the such. Perhaps maybe over-quantitative.

Interview Questions

• Usual types of questions:
      Explain a difficult decision based on limited data
      How did you use data to make decisions
      Issues working with a team
      How would you do X, Y, X
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume and contacted me through email. She asked if I am interested in this role. I said yes and we set a date for HR phone screen and then a phone interview. After I was selected Amazon flew me to LA for an hiring event. 4 interviews for 45 mins. I had to complete a writing assignment as well before the F2F. They came back with the final outcome within 48 hours. Very efficient process. Though I had a good interview I wasn't extended an offer. The position was Seattle based and I showed a bit of hisitance when asked about relocating from California to Seattle.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA. But most of them were typical behavioral & situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

4 interviews by phone with 4 different people. Then they booked a travel with paid expenses to Seattle, and in there i had an exhaust interview process with 5 people. Then at the end you get the interview from your " boss"

Interview Questions

• What price would you set to a XX product in ZZ country.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email response about 30 days later. I had 4 interviews over the phone due to job openings changing and communication issues on their end, none of which were a problem. I then went in for an in-house interview, I had five face to face interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you allocate buy for a new business category?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Same as mentioned many times here. Conceptual questions, historical examples of difficult / challenging behavioral situations. Over and over and over again. No assessment of skills, ability to lead or focus on any prior people management experience. New team within Amazon and job scope was extremely vague. No feedback at end of process is my only gripe, would have been constructive for Amazon to provide this after taking up 2 days of your time with travel etc for the full day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used a complex data set etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After Applying, I received a phone call for a screening. Did well, so another call a week later for a second phone screening. Did well enough for an in person interview.
    Went to Seattle, and hd 8 interviews. All but one seemed to go well, that was the dreaded interview with the individual who has veto power over your acceptance. I enjoyed the culture, the people, but guess it wasn't meant to be

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several rounds of employees
    I got asked a case question in every interview
    Be sure to know the Amazon leadership principles and know of a situation where you applied them

Interview Questions

• Case question about launching a new business or product   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an employee referral to the job. Conducted an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then another phone screen with a supervisor in the specific department I was applying to. Following that, I was invited into Amazon for a full day of interviews. Conducted 8 (8!!!) face to face interviews with various members of the department. Everyone was very cordial and open to discussion. I greatly appreciated the transparency and honesty when I asked tough questions about the job and the company. With 8 different people interviewing you, don't expect to nail every single meeting. Some went really well, others just okay. Most interviewers take notes on their laptops, so make sure you can stay on message while someone isn't looking at you and is busy typing. Despite the note taking, most interviews were fairly conversational and behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Your standard behavioral question - tell me about a time you failed, when you had to correct a coworker and how you did it, when you had to tell someone a harsh truth, a time you completed a project, etc. All questions are used to test you competency in Amazon's 14 Leadership Principles, so I made sure I had solid examples for each leadership principle and were able to tie my experiences to those principles. Most interviews aren't going to hit it right on the nose - "tell me about a time you demonstrated a bias for action", etc. Instead, they want to hear about your experiences and it's up to you to make sure you explain how the results fit within Amazon's culture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

First round was a screening interview with HR, followed by 2 rounds over the phone. If you pass these rounds, you'd be invited to an all day interviews in Seattle. Second interview consisted of 45 mins where I was asked behavioral questions and 2 case interview questions. Third interview was another 45 mins of behavioral questions and case interview questions. Use STAR method to respond and remember as you respond that Amazon's approach is heavily centered around its customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me a time when you had to make a decision without your Manager's input/approval... lots of follow up questions (how, why, what, etc).
      Tell me a time when you had to solve a difficult problem?
      How would you determine the inventory for a seasonal product?
      What criteria would you consider to pick a vendor?
      Why Amazon? What is Amazon good at?
      How would you improve Amazon's website?
      Questions around handling products that cost a lot in shipping but don't bring in a lot of margin...
      Answer Question