Amazon Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England | Glassdoor

Amazon Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Completed online tests then had a telephone interview followed by an AC.

Involved meeting current grads and interns with lunch provided by human resources

Mixture of interviews and presentation

Long way to slough however i believe they have new offices opening soon in central london

Interview Questions

• Where have you shown ownership?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

CV and cover letter online.
    Telephone interview. They tells you what they're basing it off of. They're going to ask competency questions but make sure you fill your answers around the criteria (their leadership principles) that they give you
    Face to face interview
    Assessment Center

Interview Questions

• What would your team members say your biggest weakness is.   Answer Question

Site Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially I had two 45 minute screening interviews, the job description sent to me was quite vague as it seems Amazon had a number of roles they were recruiting for. After getting through the two screening interviews I was invited to an 'on site interview' within Amazon's Slough offices.

I was sent a detailed breakdown of the day, which consisted of 4 x 45 minute competency based interviews and 1 x 1 hour promotions exercise. The promotions exercise involved looking at a range of 200 products and devising 2 x 10 product promotions, including lead titles and marketing strategy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you and your manager disagreed and how did you resolve this.   1 Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I've had 2 x 45 minute phone interviews where they asked you competency based questions around previous behaviours and experiences against their leadership principles. The next stage is a 5 hour interview on-site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data to make improvements. What would you change on our website.   Answer Question

Vendor Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two 45 min phone interviews and half a day at Slough, four one hour interviews of which three were from people in a similar more senior role and one from a totally different part of Amazon. Also completed an online maths test, can't see the point of doing this at home, it should have been done in the office in my opinion as it could quite easily have been completed by someone else.

All questions were competency based STAR analogy which I thought got a good idea of my thought process and brought up several different business experiences. However in addition it would have made sense to directly ask me about my previous role and how I thought that qualified me for this, what would I change once in the new role etc.

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process at Amazon typically involves a number of telephone interviews, one or two online assessments, followed by an on-site loop focusing on competency-based questions where the interviewer is looking for detailed examples of projects you've worked on previously, with a view to identifying whether or not you behave in a way that is consistent with the Amazon leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• People say the simplest solution is often the best. Can you give me an example of a time where you solved a complex problem with a simple solution?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internal offer; no negotiation possible

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

A competency based interview lasting 5 hours. 5 x 45 minute interviews including a "bar raiser" Told to prepare a number of examples to map against AWS philosophies of previous deep dive work experiences you think might be relevant. Amazon recruitment guidance says keep responses short and timely which in the end seemed to be the last thing they wanted. Deep dive responses required.....details details details was what was required. To be frank this is a very tedious interview process giving the candidate very little back in return in terms of what the job would actually be like if you got it. How you make a calculated decision to work for them is beyond me based on what you might read from their website...very little back in terms of company culture. Interviews need to be a two way street not one way....Whilst this is competency based interview it really does feel like luck if you managed to give relevant examples that might just meet the AWS philosophy of doing things.

Graduate Retail Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

After the online application I had a phone interview. This was a competency interview based on leadership principles. Standard STAR format to answers, that come from times when you have demonstrated certain skills or been in particular scenarios. Following this, I was invited in for an assessment day, before the final decision was made

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under time pressure   Answer Question

Account Manager (Amazon Associate) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews

I had the first interview with the hiring manager: it was very structured and I was prepared for most of the questions. I really appreciated that the interviewer gave me time at the end for questions (and I had loads), which means that we spent more time than expected. The second interview was with the EU business development manager and the questions were naturally focused on business development. Though it is tough to judge from a person over the phone, I found the interviewer tired (the interview was after 6pm UK time so 7pm EU time) and this reflected in his voice, but what was even more surprising was that he clearly yawned while I was answering to one of his questions. Ok I have not been convincing enough as I did not pass this stage, but I find it truly unrespectful to yawn over the phone while someone is talking to you - he could have at least put the phone away or something.

On the positive note, I think it was a great experience to have a concrete preview of the company's culture, people, interview style etc...

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to recruit a new publisher/client?   1 Answer

Online Content and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online through their career website.
    I received an email from one of their recruiters saying I needed to complete an online copyedit test, designed to measure my attention to detail, spelling, grammar and copyedit skills. The test lasted 30 minutes: some questions were very easy for a foreigner (they were meant to spot the most common mistakes for the mothertongue) whereas for some others I just didn't have a clue and went with what sounded most right ("here are 5 sentences, choose the wrong one" or "choose the right one" or "choose the only two that aren't wrong").
    I didn't hear from them for 10 days and I had forgotten about the test when I received another email from the same recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with a site merchandiser and after the classic questions "why do you want to work here" "why are you leaving your job" we got on to two behavioural (situation-based) questions. There's no right or wrong answer here, they just want to know how you think, feel, behave, react in face of praise/mistakes/adversity/challenge and so on. But you can't invent an answer right then and there because they will ask you very detailed questions about the example you are providing - I even had to remember some figures about the situation I was telling them about. The interview lasted 45 minutes.
    The day after my first interview I got another email from another recruiter, saying they wanted to move forward to a second interview - which happened with a senior vendor manager of the company. The questions here were the same type as the first interview and this one also lasted 45 minutes.
    It was the end of july and I didn't hear from them until the last week of August, when an email invited me to fly out to their headquarters in Slough to have a series of 4 final interviews. We arranged the interview day for three weeks later - as they were not gonna pay for my flight I needed to get the cheapest fare possible, but they were flexible enough with times and dates.
    My interview schedule for the morning was precisely outline before I flew out - I had to have three interviews and a "promotions exercise" in a row, with roughly 30 mins for lunch in their cafeteria (which they provided vouchers for).
    The interviews were exactly the same as on the phone - behavioural questions all over the place. The first interviewer told me they were going to ask me maybe a lot of questions but they were all looking at my answers from a different angle so I needed not worry if I answered with the same example two or even three times.
    But 3 interviews in a row is a massacre and by the end of the last interview I was very tired of answering questions in such precise detail.
    The promotions exercise: they provided me a spreadsheet with 200 of their products with indication of price, cost, stock, sales, pageviews and I had to choose 2 promotions for 10 products with 2 lead products and I had to explain what my assumptions were, how I would market the promotions, where on the website, which targets and so on. All this in 45 minutes and I bet they even expected a small presentation, but I didn't get to it. The manager then asked me questions about it till the hour was up.
    After 48 hours they called me and said I didn't pass the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you put customers need before your company's
      Tell me about a situation when you discovered a problem and what you did to solve it
      Tell me an example of when you received a negative feedback and did not agree with it
      Answer Question