Amazon Software Developer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Developer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

2 back to back phone interviews: asked to implement a queue, asked about quick sort, iterator, stl, sorting an array and knowledge about c++. Nothing difficult. The interviewer goes straightly to technical questions. Both are friendly and helpful. First used Collabedit to write code online, second required to dictate code through phone.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process included two 40 minute technical phone interviews. The questions were fairly straight forward, although as a candidate for an intern position I was surprised to be interviewed by a senior developer. Had I more experience or practice in Java, the questions might have been easier to answer.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews - 45 mins each.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a friend hook me up with an interview from my university. I am a junior this year, and I don't believe that my resume would have gotten noticed otherwise. They came to my campus and conducted a 90 minute interview where two interviewers had me do 2 fairly difficult coding problems each (full out in my language of preference). I thought they weren't interested in me but heard back after one night that my interviewers were very impressed with me.

Interview Questions

• I had to implement a data structure for a last Least Recent Delete Cache and write relevant functions (it was a class for me since I used Java). Some functions included puts(Key key, Value value) and get(Key key). When I was stuck they helped me out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

haven't spoken with them yet about prices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Ithaca, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Two 45 minutes Interview on Campus. Recruiters are all great guys.

Interview Questions

• Tower of Hanoi   Answer Question
    • Play a game that always starts from you. Each time you can only pick up 1 or 3 or 4 coins from the table. Who leaves the enemy with no coins to pick up wins the game. Assume that your enemy is super intelligent that if there is a way he/ she can win, he/ she wins. Question: Write a function to return if you will win or lose the game say given n coins on the table.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online . Got interview call on-campus after a week or so, Two back to back interviews of 45 minutes. First interview was by the university alumni . He asked the following questions .
    1) Find the maximum sum subset for a given array .
    2) Given two sorted arrays find the elements of the first array not present in the second.

a= [1 2 3 4
           5 6 7 8
           9 10 11 12
           13 14 15 16]

the output should be [6 10 12 7 3 2 1 5 9 13 14 15 16 12 8 4 ] .

The interviewer gave me sufficient time to think about the problem and then gave some tips as thou how it can be solved . Then he told me to write the code .

Second round of interview was very easy. the interviewer asked various question on the scenarios faced by amazon.

Interview Questions

• 3) Given a N*N array where N is even such as 4, 8 and so on . Print the array from the center.

a= [1 2 3 4
             5 6 7 8
             9 10 11 12
             13 14 15 16]

the output should be [6 10 12 7 3 2 1 5 9 13 14 15 16 12 8 4 ] .
      3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotitaion

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitting application online and about a week later was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview consisted of two different calls each about 45 minutes long with a 15 minute break between them. The two callers were both very friendly and easy to understand. They were almost entirely technical in nature. Some questions were just explaining how you would solve a problem and some were writing code. Questions included how to implement C++ set insert and access functions, how to find if two numbers in an array sum to the same number and some object oriented design questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a data structure that has constant time pop, push, and constant minimum value of data currently in structure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Two 45 minutes phone interviews, 15 mins apart. First interview went over some questions like describe a hard problem that you have solved and why you want to work in Amazon. Then there is a simple coding problem. The second interviewer asked questions on very basic data structures like trees, as well as another coding problem. The second interviewer was much nicer than the first one. The second interview went much better because I was given the option to type my code into the laptop, whereas I had to read out the code to the first interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The two coding problems are not hard at all. Both are can be solved with binary search, it's a bit redundant.   Answer Question
    • For me, the difficult part is describe a hard problem that I have solved. I wasn't prepared for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview. The recruiter gave me about eight dates to choose from and asked to choose the top five most convenient. After I emailed her, most of the times she gave me passed before I even got a response from her. Finally when I got a response I had three days until the interview. One I got the interview both people I talked with (there were two 45 minute phone interviews) had very thick accents. One was heavily Indian and the other Asian. I had a hard time understanding them over the phone and I had to ask to repeat the question multiple times. The technology did not work on the second interview and over fifteen minutes of time was wasted trying to get it to work. My advice try to get an interview face to face, over the phone just did not work for me. They only has a couple questions each and if you have taken data structures you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm to find the length of a binary tree.   Answer Question

Software Developer - Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2013.

Interview

One word: map. Know how to use it and its running times.

Interview Questions

• Detect a loop in a linked list.
      Otherwise, the other questions were all map related.
      Answer Question

Got an offer from NASA which was more useful towards my goal.