Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

3.2

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview.

Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2011.

Interview

I received mail from a recruiter that my resume has been shortlisted from Monster.com. I had 4 back to back interviews in Seattle

Interview Questions

• What is cache. What data structures would you use for it. Replacement techniques   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and only had my phone interview 2 weeks later. I had to reschedule my interview, because they flaked on the first. The low life recruiters they hired there are very unresponsive and impossible to get a hold of.

First off, if you were contacted by the recruiter like I was, this is called fishing. These guys are fishing for the brightest minds in the country. Be prepared to answer some impossible questions. My uncle is a senior software engineer at Oracle, and even he laughed at some of the questions that were posted here on this website as interview questions. Basically, don't feel bad if don't pass the interview process. Amazon.com isn't what its cracked up to be. Besides, if you somehow squeak by the interviews and get hired, are you really going to be happy competing with Joe Blow, who codes for fun at home?

Get a life JOE!

Okay on to the questions:

These guys love the following topics: Binary Trees and Binary Search Trees, Searching Algorithms (Quick, Bubble, Merge, etc...), Hash Tables, Strings, and Algorithm Complexity. Know the differences between Java and C++. If you know the following topics inside and out, you should be golden. Just don't tell them your a crazy psychopath looking for your next victim and you should get that cube next to Joe. =)

Good luck.

If you haven't already looked for jobs at Intel, I suggest you do. Believe it or not, Intel does software too. I did an internship there over the summer. Awesome place to work. They don't put you through the ringer like these communists at Amazon.com do.

Interview Questions

• Cure world hunger.   39 Answers
    • Invent a car that doesn't run out of gas.   Answer Question
    • Calculate the trajectory of a satellite destined for asynchronous orbit if it was launched from Kennedy Space Center and its velocity and acceleration were proportional to the Bull S&*^ those first 2 questions were all about!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

A written round followed by 2 to 3 tech rounds . Written round consisting of 2 coding questions and domain MCQs . The MCQs had negative marking and the coding questions were an easy and one moderately difficult question.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

There was an online test consisting of aptitude questions and two coding question
    no hr interview only technical
    if you are good with data structures and algorithms it is more than enough

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Pretty interesting interview to discover both our knowledge and the way you think.
    They do not keen on technologies during an interview rather asking general OOP/OOD principles and some logical questions

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Madurai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. First round, we had to solve questions based on ds and algorithms on hackerearth. I solved 1 question and made it to the technical interview. In 1st round of technical interview, interviewer asked me questions on ds and gave me problems to solve. In the 2nd technical interview, I was asked to reverse a single linked list in k-pairs. My solution had defects which I could not solve. So i could not take it further.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got a coding link, which consisted 2 challenges, questions were really hard and difficult to understand. It was one and a half hour test which was not enough to crack it.

Interview Questions

• Challenges were really tough.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Vellore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st round involved coding questions based on data structures and algorithms. After this 25 people were selected out of 700. Then there were 3 technical interview rounds. The questions in each round focused on oops,data structures and algorithms. After the technical round, onw HR round was conducted which focused on behavioral questions.
    2n

Interview Questions

• Given a string. Find all the palindromic partitions of the string. (Number of way the string can be partitioned so that all the partitions are palindrome)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Did the online skill test. Got answers right away and did fairly well. Had a multiple choice question section and then 2 long answer coding questions. My code did not support one test case on the final coding question and it seems to have been enough to disqualify me as a candidate

Interview Questions

• Showed multiple patterns and had blank spots to fill in the continuation of the pattern   1 Answer