Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a online code contest after 2 month waiting. Invited by prim now team, I have applied for university graduate position and end up having a interview invitation for a senior position. After the online contest, they rejected my application even though i did pretty good at the code contest.

Interview Questions

• its about give you a list of data as format of string which could be converted to a tree to calculate sum.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

About 6 weeks after I submitted my application Amazon reached out to me by sending the first part of their coding assessment. It was 2 parts and involved a code-debugging section, and then a general logic based problem solving section. Within one day I got an email congratulating me for advancing, and it included the second part of the coding assessment, which was a pretty standard 70 minute 2 problem challenge. 2-3 days later I received an email inviting me to schedule a phone interview. The interview was fairly short, 45 minutes, and involved a general Q&A section, a theoretical section, and a live coding section. I received my offer 8 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

With the first few steps, you couldn't speak with any human being, it was all tests on the computer. When the interview went personal, it was just more tests, just with a tad more human interaction; but no personal questions, they were all test related.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career fair. Was called for an on-site coding and logic test sometime later. Cleared that. Fairly easy basic data structure and algorithms questions. Was selected for a phone interview a week later. Awaiting the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair on my campus, later they contacted me and we had phone interviews, I believe there were 2 interviews as well as an online coding exam, then I went in for onsite group interview. The group interview was odd to say the least, we were randomly paired with a group and we had to work together to create a product by the end of the day. We didn't get much feedback and it was really tiring.

Interview Questions

• Spent the day with a group coding their problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I had 1 interview with HR and 3 tehnical interviews. The tehnical ones were very easy. There were a few motivational questions at the end of each technical interview (e.g. Why would you like to work at Amazon?)

Interview Questions

• In: array of N integers, and a number X (also integer)
      Out: all pairs of 2 numbers in the givven array with such that the sum of the number in a given pair is X
      1 Answer
    • In: array of numbers. Each number appears twice. Only one number appears only once. Find the number that appears only once.

E.g. a=[1, 3, 5, 5, 1, 2 , 9, 3, 9] ====> output should be 2
      1 Answer
    • Implement itoa() functionality.   Answer Question

Poor offer (1800€ gross pay monthly).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Amazon careers site and got an online assessment a few weeks later. Online Assessment consisted of a 20 minutes debugging questions (7 questions), fairly easy and 35 minutes Aptitude Test. After this round, there was a proctored round of nearly 3 hours. 90 minutes was a work simulation and 90 minutes was 3 coding questions. If you perform fairly decently, few test cases did not pass then you will get called for group assessment on-site in one of their offices. If you do your second round rather well, then you will either get offer or a very easy Skype interview where they ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Sliding Window Sum   1 Answer
    • k closest points to a location, assume (0,0) as reference location.   Answer Question
    • Find the maximum average a person has been manager for and return a pointer to that node.
      P.S: This is a graph question. BFS approach can be used to solve this.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2016.

Interview

Signed NDA - get your basics strong and think your solution before speaking. Walk through your solution and correct any mistakes if occurred. The interviewer are there to help you tackle the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Cold called, told that they are conducting interviews on campus next week. Went to interview, it was extremely technical. Two interviews in one day. Involved data structures in the interviews, anything seems to be on the table for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Got a couple of online assessments and then went in for a personal interview. Worked in groups on a real life problem for most of it. Had a couple of 1 on 1 interviews through the day talking about your approach and other stuff.

Interview Questions

• Just normal algorithms, time and space restrictions, etc.   Answer Question