Amazon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

905 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

Three rounds total. First was a set of puzzles and logic games, around 20 questions. This round also had a set of debugging questions but it was basic, like finding what the error in the code was and stuff. Second round were actual data structure questions, but pretty straightforward if you've learned CTCI. Final round was a phone interview and I think its up to chance here; my interviewer spent most of the time asking about my resume and projects and only left a little time for his actual coding question.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Straightforward. 2 coding rounds then a phone interview. First round was a basic debugging round whereas the 2nd round had 2 technical questions. 10 days after that, we were asked to schedule a phone interview date which was scheduled a week from that. The questions asked on the phone interview were all technical in nature. The first question was a basic level order tree traversal.

Interview Questions

• Show level order tree traversal   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It started with two online evaluations. First involved debugging code and some logic questions. The second was more of a coding test like leetcode. Also had a one hour phone interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

At first the interviewer asked me to tell him something about the project I have done, and what problem I met in the project. Then, he asked me to say something about my most successful project. After that, he gave me two coding problem.

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round - two back to back one-on-one 30 minutes virtual interviews
    2nd round - two back to back one-on-one 45 minutes virtual interviews
    Overall, the first 5 minutes the interviewers will introduce themselves. Be prepared for the questions you wanna ask the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions but will ask a lot follow up questions in detail...   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Two online assessments and final phone round. The phone interview was most def solvable but make sure to talk the solution through and work with with the engineer. I think that helped me get the offer.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship position online, and heard back a few weeks later. I did two online assessments (not too difficult), and then after I was offered the opportunity to do a phone interview. It was a typical phone interview: about 45 minutes. I didn't get extended an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the minimum number of train stations required given a list of departure and arrival times.
      2. The online screens had a couple of SAT style questions and some debugging questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process required me to record videos of myself answering pre-set questions on a timer. There was no one at the other end of the video, and it was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you upheld one of Amazon's Leadership pillars   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

There were six rounds of interviews for this position. It was all done on the phone because I was studying abroad at the time. They were very accommodating with interview times, and the process went pretty seamlessly.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team project where things did not go as planned? What role did you play on the team? How did it end up working out? (really delving into that experience. could be academic or work-related.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I Applied through the Amazon reference program and got a technical interview that tested programming and logical skills. The technical part lasted about an hour altogether. A few days later I received an email letting me know they were not interested in continuing the process, so my experience ended there.