Amazon Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

199 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for 2 45 min phone interviews back to back. Pretty standard technical interview. First asks what projects I did, then some algorithm and data structure questions. Have to write down code on paper and read it to interviewer

Interview Questions

• Vaguely remember finding pairs of elements in array with same sum   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

The first round consisted of online test containing 20 msqs and 2 coding questions..
    the next was interview roung..

Interview Questions

• coding questions where to implement isParanthesized() method for and arithmetic expression..   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

two phone interviews in a raw, ask me about bit operator, find duplicate in a circular linked list and lots of object-oriented design questions.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Submitted resume to a recruiter at a networking event. After several weeks received an invitation to schedule for two phone interviews. After gave availability, received confirmed appointments a week later. Process was slow, but I assume they were very busy with scheduling for intern interviews. Interviews were technical, and was told to review OO Concepts, Data Structures, Complexities, etc.

Asked general questions then asked about tree traverals, solving a problem and if you can optimize your solution or come up with another solution. Interviewers were both nice and helpful.. provided hints/direction when necessary

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

First interview went horrible. Interviewer was very unresponsive during entire phone call. Answered 2/3 questions. Third question regarding graph algorithm I was not able to solve and I believe that is what caused me to not get offer. Know your data structures and algorithms very well.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

handed in resume during campus career fair. Set up an interview with them after two weeks. 90mins interview in total. Talked to two interviewers each for 45 mins. They asked about basic c++ stuff, also some hash and tree concepts. The interviews were really nice.

Interview Questions

• difference between an array and a vector.   1 Answer

Software Developer Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Very professional. Consists of two rounds. 1st round simple. 2nd round a little bit more.
    Questions: 1) 2nd largest number in an array 2) no:1s in Binary 3) Loops in a singly linked list 4) Hex to decimal 5) Lot of Oops questions 6) Math based 7) Regular expressions

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the website about 2 months before they contacted me. They sent me back an email at the end of February regarding a phone interview. The phone interview was two calls back-to-back.

The first call was not really technical. The interviewer asked about projects and my background, and he was very nice. We did one coding exercise over CollabEdit. He was very interested in how I thought about the problem, so make sure to articulate what you're thinking about when you are given a problem and how you're thinking about solving it. The question was how to implement the division function without using the division operator.

The second call was a technical interview. The question was find the element in an array that appears an odd number of times. All elements are guaranteed to appear an even number of times, except one, which will appear an odd number of times. He asked a lot about the space and time complexity of the solutions that you provide, so make sure you understand those concepts and can apply them to your solution.

I did not receive an offer, but they replied back within a week.

Interview Questions

• In an array in which elements appear multiple times, it is guaranteed that all elements except one will appear an even number of times. Find the element that appears an odd number of times.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews - basic interview questions were asked. Asked complexities of all algorithms. Collab-edit was used to demonstrate coding skills. Decision is usually communicated to the interviewee by 1-2 weeks. Offer was non-negotiable.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. They speak algorithms and complexities.

Interview Questions

• Write OOP system to parse different type of error formats.   2 Answers