Amazon Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,483 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,483 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Had to give an online coding test as well as behavioral test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Two back to back interviews

Interview Questions

• I did not know what is a red-black tree. And he asked me what collection uses r-b tree. And i just did not know. Didn't even guess.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

About you.
    DIrectly onto questions:
    Shuffle a pack of cards
    BFS
    Intersection of arrays

Interview Questions

• Heaps.
      Design a website which would display the top 1000 amazon products   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers find all the pairs of numbers that add up to the total.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and heard back almost a year later. I went through about 3 phone screens before doing the onsite and receiving an offer a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Optimizing Fibonacci for scale with caching considerations, large numbers   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

One or two phone screen. In house, interview with 5 people, usually three with engineers, one with manager, one with bar raiser (could be engineer or manager).

Interview Questions

• Design/Write an algorithm to find the most-popular sequence of three pageTypes in a row.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

i first submitted my application via their online website; afterwords, they contacted me for an onsite interview at my college. then after two interviews on campus, i got an internship and then i got another internship the next year then i accepted them as fulltime.

Interview Questions

• they asked a few technical programming questions and i think the hardest thing was thinking of various ways to raise an integer a to the power b.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Two to three rounds of telephone interviews, followed by full day in-person interview in the Dublin office. Technically very tough questions in all areas, designed to see how well-rounded the candidate is and which areas he/she is strong in. Very mentally tiring after several rounds of these!

Interview Questions

• Tricky algorithm problems and puzzles that you must solve on the spot, in front of the whiteboard and explain the solution.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: went over resume and asked one coding question.

Interview Questions

• Write the code about eliminating extra space in the string. e.g "hello world" to "hello world"   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screens, technical questions

received email invitation for in person interview, more technical questions and OO design questions