Amazon Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,565 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,565 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2016.

Interview

1 reasoning test, 1 Coding test and an interview. Interview was on phone call. Covered arrays, linked lists and complexities of the given algorithms. O(n) notation asked. Follow leetcode and hackerrank easy questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

there were 6 rounds.
    1. 1 telephonic.
    2. 4 F2F
           Coding
           LowLevel designing
           High level designing
           High level designing + low level
    3. 1 bar raiser round (covering coding+project discussions)

Interview Questions

• 1. design image aggregation server which is eventually updated with the images of onboarded websites.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took about 2 weeks, and a recruiter called me asked about some past experience and feature plans. Arranged a phone screen in 2 weeks, the phone screen last about 1 hour, some basic concept of data type and data structure, one algorithm question and a small code view question. The phone screen result took 2 days and arrange on site after 3 weeks. 6 rounds, one of them was lunch.

Interview Questions

• TinyURL, Parking Lot. Trapping Rain Water, a lots of BQ (important)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I recently interviewed with Amazon for New grad software development engineer on October 6th. I haven't heard from the recruiter yet. Did any one who was interviewed on same date as mine got any reply from the recruiter ? Please let me know.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2017.

Interview

Took a long time for them to get back to me. There wasn't any human interaction until last round. Overall, it was pretty easy. The questions are posted below.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic debugging skills
      2. Reverse second half of Linked List
      3. How to determine if a graph is a binary tree   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process started with employee referral, the screening was based on online assessment, the questions was typically like leetcode medium level. Followed by recruiter interview where she was just making sure that you’re the person whi has taken the online assessment, some basic questions about hashing, DFS, BFS , strings and arrays.
    Then onsite interview, where it was conducted in the form of hiring event. 3 problem solving/coding interviews covers recursion, strings, hashing, BST, DFS, two pointers approach, linked list, OOP. And the last interview was covering system design.
    Interviewers are really want you to succeed, and they might give you hints as well. A lot of behavioral questions have been asked as well.

Interview Questions

• Binary Search question and no of missing characters to make two strings anagrams   Answer Question
    • Arrays/strings , a problem which matched the subset problem but asked in a different way   Answer Question
    • You have BST, find two numbers that their sum equals a given target value. Try to solve it in O(n) without additional memory   Answer Question
    • Hashing question mixed with OOP!   Answer Question
    • Typical behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a interview for summer intern. 2 OA and 1 phone interview. Easy coding questions for the OA. Asked hashmap in the phone interview. Talked about project experience and the role in a team.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, applied online, then got an email, did online assessment, did second online assessment, offer. Over all was pretty good experience, I would definitely recommenced the process again.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

OA1 and OA2 were pretty easy. I suggest do Leetcode medium level questions and you would be easily able to clear this level. I then received an invite for a 30 minute video interview. This round was focused on OA2. Mainly verifying if you only did the questions by yourself or you cheated. Though my preparation was good, I did not remember all the events that happened during OA2. Since I am actively looking for job and write so many coding tests and also regularly do Leetcode, I don't remember how much time each question took or were there compilation errors etc. The interviewer asked these questions. Made it feel more like an interrogation. Even though all my answers related to the OA2 questions like my approach, improvement and complexity were prompt and correct, I did not mention the time I took to do each question correctly. On the basis of this, they decided to judge my interview. I have not heard back from them yet but m expecting a reject since it has been more than a week's time.

Interview Questions

• Questions where they interrogated me like they doubted if I actually gave the OA2 myself or someone else did it for me. It was humiliating.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Probably my wosrt experience ever interviewing for a company. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY. Applied online, had a quick hr screen on the phone followed by a on the phone coding challenge. Then they flew me in to Seattle for one day of 5 interviews. Questions were not hard and as long as you study algorithms, data structures and oop you should be good. But here is the best part, after I received a GREAT offer from them and SIGNED the offer, they called me and REVOKED the offer. Their reason? They did not want to apply for an export license which I explicitly told them I need in writing. Terrible experience

Interview Questions

• Basic programming interview questions (typical questions on geeksforgeeks)   Answer Question