Amazon Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,613 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,613 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

Coding Challenge Part 1
 7 debugging questions and around 24 logic questions. 21 mins for the debugging and ~ 35 mins for logic questions. More than enough time for debugging, but I fell short in time for a few logic questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

It started with Basic online assessment of 2 questions followed by 1 technical interview.
     after clearing those round I was invited to Seattle for on-site.
    I had 4 rounds.
    2 coding rounds straight from Leet code( medium and hard problems) 1 system design and 1 object design round. Also, every round consists of 15-20 minutes behavioral rounds.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA can't discuss questions. But it's medium /hard leet code questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

The in-person interview was about half a day and the questions included a mix of technical and behavioral questions.I have interviewed with multiple teams and they seem to make an offer based on the overall performance with all the teams

Interview Questions

• The questions would cover one or more of the data structures and algorithms. Basic coding knowledge combined with algorithms will be enough to clear the technical part of the interview.Last but not the least would be behavioral questions which you would try to relate them to your experiences in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two online assessments and a final video interview for 30 minutes. Very responsive, quick, and efficient process. Online assessments included programming, logic, behavioral/decision making, culture-fit, and debugging. Overall, I had a great time, and the work simulation is very creative.

Interview Questions

• Medium level programming questions, work simulation, debugging, reasoning/logic test   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three parts:

1.) An initial assessment consisting of easier debugging questions and some logical questions.

2.) A longer more involved coding assessment of 2-3 questions and a virtual behavioral assessment that goes through a typical work day at Amazon for an SDE.

3.) On-site. They bring you in and have 3 separate technical interviews which even more involved coding problems usually with multiple follow up questions.

About a week after the on-site you should get a response from HR with an offer or rejection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The responses were very quick. If you pass a round, you will get the next round within a week. There are 3 rounds: behavioral/debugging, coding and then the interview in Seattle. The people that interview are generally very nice and will give hints if you need them. You should know basic algorithms and running times/space complexities. They care a lot about that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

There were 2 online interviews before I was emailed regarding an onsite interview. The process itself seemed easy enough (too easy?) as we were interviewed for about 30-45 minutes, and then given a short information session/tour. We were told it'd take 5 business days for feedback, but in actuality, it took 8 (interviewed Wednesday, got rejected via phone the 2nd Monday afterwards.)

Application

Interview

interview onsite for SDE. one day interview. they briefly ask you how you solved your online assessment. then they tour you around the campus and introduce you the work experience at Amazon.

Interview Questions

• for window sum question. how would you solve it if the input is a huge amount   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

They sent me two online tests, after passing those I was flown to Seattle for an in person interview. These were coding questions done on the whiteboard, pretty standard (the answer is always USE RECURSION!).

Interview Questions

• They asked me coding questions, like traversing binary trees to sort the values.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I talked with one engineer in career fair, and then I applied online. A week later, I received two coding challenges consecutively. After I completed these two coding challenges, they schedule onsite interview for me. Before one week of the onsite interview, they canceled my onsite interview. They said they filled their hiring needs in this position.