Amazon Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer II Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Amazon AWS in Seattle area. The process is the typical technical interview with 1 phone screen and 5 rounds onsite.

The phone screen was with a general manager focusing on technical background and culture fit and ended with a technical troubleshooting question.

The onsite included 1 OO coding/design interview, 1 coding interview, 1 lunch interview, 1 coding interview and 1 design interview. All the interviews, interestingly, started with some behavioral questions before going into the technical area. All the coding questions were easy, the last design question was very interesting and involving.

Since I got pending offers from other companies, I got my offer the very next day. Unfortunately, since Amazon cares way too much about "years in level" the offer was disappointing. As such, I declined to consider the offer.

Interview Questions

• I am under NDA and cannot elaborate but they were not difficult. If you are decent at software engineering and practice with Cracking the Coding Interviews then you would be able to do them easily.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

got a phone interview after I applied online. The interviewer asked me some questions relevant to my previous jobs then let me write code to solve a problem. The interview lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, can any combination of the string be a palindrome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Amazon had an online coding competition open to everybody. I got a call a week later to setup a technical phone interview. Then, I did the onsite round with five interviews + lunch. Great experience. I should have studied architecture more for the one interview. One interview was with hiring manager and had many behavioral questions. The rest were coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Did two phone interviews. The first was a pre-screening programming test in which they asked me to take a function that traverse through a list and point out all the flaws. Most of the flaws were related to lookup inefficiency, big O notation stuff.

The second phone interview asked me to write a function that contacts an Amazon server and asks for the competitors prices and returns a list with the competitor prices and names. From there I had to find the the competitor with the lowest price efficiently. Also, afterwards they ask about big O notation and how data structures work behind the scenes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I should do to check if the call to the Amazon server to get the list of prices fails.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and selected by the recruiter to do an onsite group project interview. No phone screen or online test beforehand. The format is that there are 3 people in a team to do a project together. It is a simple version of a problem that Amazon is facing. You are provided with c/c++, java, python skeleton code. You have 5 hours to finish it.

Interview Questions

• Have two discus sion with the interviewer. Mainly about how you design the code and how you resolve the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Phone screen
    2. Invited to a hiring event (onsite) - 4 rounds

Negotiation

The offer is so generous and great, but there is not much room for negotiation. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the offer.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First had a phone screening with HR rep. Then had 45-minute technical interview over telephone. The phone interview began with some questions about my experience, then went into theoretical questions, then ended with a written problem.

Interview Questions

• Sort 100 million 10-bit integers extremely quickly   2 Answers

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

A 45-min phone interview with an Indian interviewer. There was only one coding problem. Just ask about return the total sum of a tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had four 1:1 rounds each digging on specific areas of data structures and algorithms. Had a managerial question. I guess that was the bar raiser

Interview Questions

• There is an error with the price displayed on the site. 1000s of people have bought it at that discounted price. How will you tackle that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

1. How to validate a BST
    2. Remove duplicate characters from a string
    3. A lot of OO design questions never heard of!