Amazon Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There was an online assessment that they have interns do. It is a very methodical in their process. The have an online assessment that they have interns do, the assessment has 3 question that you are to do within an half an hour, you are given a choice of whether to do it in java or c++. You are also to describe what you are doing through comments.

Interview Questions

• I was a bit rusty on my c++, and I'm sure I got all the problems correct, but I'm sure it was the comments that killed me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I applied through university career website, and after several weeks I received an email from Amazon that ask me to pick some time to schedule a phone interviews. There are two phone interviews each of is 45 mins. I didn't do well so after the interview there is no reply.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, he ask a question about how to get the height of a tree. Easy one.
      The second is to find the maximum path in a tree. A path are the links between any two nodes in a tree.
      In the second interview, he ask factorial, and big number multiplication. And a OO question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through website, two back-to-back interviews one month later. Rejection email one hour after second interview.

Interview Questions

• In-place array reversal, level-order binary tree traversal, reading two files and outputting strings common to both.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

On campus Interview, two back-to-back rounds. The first interviewer asked several basic behaviour questions like why Amazon, then a technical question:
    Find a word's anagram in a file.
    The second interviewer asked several conceptual questions like the definition of array, stack, etc. Then a technical question about delete the duplicates in a singly linked list

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

asked relativiley simple questions. mostly coding questions about stuff you learn in school. first interview was much easier then the second.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I have submitted my Resume online through their career website. Got a e-mail to schedule telephonic interview , within a week span.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find all possible pairs in array that sum up to X. With efficiency O(n).
      What is shared pointer? How will you say a tree is binary tree?Linked list has a loop?

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Two 45 min technical interview on the phone. Had to write code on both interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the second biggest number in an array of int.
      2. implement a stack using an array.
      3. Everything you do they will ask whats the complexity and ask if you can do it in a better way.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

submit resume both online and on campus career fair, not sure which one worked. Got phone screen interviews request like 2 months later with 2 back to back phone interviews. Had some problems on how to communicate code on phone...

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying that they would like to set up an interview. I then had two 45 minute phone interviews. After that, they emailed me saying that I have made it to the third interview, which was another 45 minute interview, of same format. Two of the three interviews used collabedit, which is an online text editor (for programming) that lets the interviewer and interviewee to view/edit the same code. So they would ask a question, I would write the code, and they would see it and be able to assess me from it. The third interview was all verbal, but I was asked to write a short piece of code, that I emailed to them shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Third interview asked me to talk about binary trees, designing a class hierarchy, running time of certain algorithms, usual technical stuff. Nothing extremely hard, just state your assumptions, talk through your thought process, and don't be afraid to say "give me a second to kind of think this through in my head". They really can't expect you to create the best algorithm, all things considered, in a matter of seconds!

I was surprised that there weren't any behavioral questions (e.g. 'Tell me about a time in which you had to .....').
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from the recruiter in 4 5 days.
    Scheduled two 45 min phone interviews.
    was asked 2 programs for the first 45 min phone interview
    1) deletion in circular linked list
    2)Do division without using * ,/ ,% operators.
    For the second phone interview I was asked few questions on OOPS then was asked to write a code for the following question:
    1) an array consists of few integers.Only 1 integer can be present for odd number of times.If any integer is present it has to be even number of times.Return error of this condition is violated.