Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Amazon

1,460 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Technical Assessment:
2 Question in 90 minutes ( Question available on leetcode)
Followed by Virtual Onsite interview ( 5 rounds)
Each round had 2 behavioral question and one coding question( 4 rounds)
One round manager multiple behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2020.

Interview

It was fun. The interviewer was very professional. He first introduced himself and then he conducted the interview process. He asked three technical questions, and I was able to answer them all. We had a very nice conversation about life.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging problem you have solved, and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

first a few emails, then a coding interview over the phone, the connection was not the best and it was hard to hear the interviewer but besides that a god experience

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA) in May 2020.

Interview

It was an fairly straight forward process, first a call with with the recruiter and then an on-line coding challenge, after which I was called for an on-site at Boston robotics office.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest branch of tree and linked list questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online. You're given two timed leetcode type questions, both ranging from easy to hard level (good luck!). Then you go on site, multiple rounds of leetcode questions and situational questions based on Amazon's "leadership principals." This is such a poor way to determine a candidates performance in a company. It only selects candidates that are good at studying for an exam.

Ultimately I declined, because I don't care how much they pay when you lose 1/4 of your weekends to being on-call.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions are all over leetcode. Just practice until you can read a question and recognize what approach to use to solve it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    Online Assessment : All common questions you can find on LeetCode discussions.
    Onsite: 5 rounds with one Object Oriented Design question round, one pure behavior round, 1hr each

Interview Questions

• course schedule
      a common textbook example graph problem that can be solved with heap
      two more common design questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

There was a Sample Assessment prior to the Interview. The Interview took approximately an hour long and consisted of several rounds. If you pass the first round, you will be required to code different samples for the following stages.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

He introduced himself first and then I introduced myself. Go through my resume, and then no Behavior question, just a coding question about the algorithm. Finally, I ask some questions about his team.

Interview Questions

• Ask me a coding question in Leetcode   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the Amazon music team in San Francisco. I did the online coding challenge. Followed by virtual onsite due to COVID-19. 3 Technical interviews and 1 behavioral. Overall the interviewers seemed nice and smart.

Interview Questions

• currency conversion, adjacency lists/graph traversals, System design spotify playlist. Please recite the amazon leadership principles.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was good. Asked most questions from leetcode. Interviewers were friendly and encouraging. I felt I answered correctly and had followups too. The overall experience was good and I gave my best too.