Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,018 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,018 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to take a coding test. I took the test but never heard back from the recruiter again. Emailed him for feedback/answer several times. It has been 2 months, no response whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Why do their recruiters reach me every nezt month and then go just silent?
    It has been my experience with more than 5 recruiters.. They would just take my resume and then ghost out. I have stopped taking their recruiters seriously.

Interview Questions

• Are you open for the opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

there was a phone interview first, then I went on site to interview in their seattle office. The phone interview was not overly difficult, mainly basic technical knowledge. Going to the interview in seattle they covered everything. The technical side isn't super difficult but you do have to answer more than what they're asking for in order to impress them.

Interview Questions

• weird mind twisting questions that has nothing to to with software   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Had multiple calls with a ton of different recruiters. It felt unorganized and as if they were all trying to recruit me to different teams. A lot of overlap in the calls.

Did Amazon's online assessment and then was told that my code was good and they wanted to bring me on-site the following week. I told them I needed more notice than that and they scheduled me for July 25th and was told that the recruiter would reach out to be with more details regarding the on-site and travel in the next few days. A few days later, my im recruiter calls and informs me that they changed their mind and won't be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Standard impractical algorithm questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter for a Software Engineer position for Amazon Prime, we exchanged information including the fact that I am based in Europe and I do not have an H1B visa, then I passed the first phone interview and immediately he contacted me saying he wants me to fly over in Seattle for the final interview when the issue of visa was again raised and he acted surprised when I told him I don't have one. After that he went silent for two weeks and sent me an email saying that "the team decided to move forward with other candidates".

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Called out of the blue, asked if I'd be interested in interviewing. Still not entirely sure how they got my name. Had first phone interview the next week, asked no personal questions, all technical in nature. Total of 3 phone interviews and an in-person trip out to Seattle.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Standard process- Phone screen with a recruiter followed by a phone call with a senior engineer who was mentally checked out and rude. He asked me to solve an easy coding problem without using any outside resources. I finished in less than 30 minutes and sensed he was eager to get off so I didn't pursue things after that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial HR phone discussion followed by a call with an engineer, discussing my background and asking me a linked list related question to code in their online interactive IDE. Their HR typically takes a week to get back with you, but they tend to be prompt about hitting this deadline. Onsite interview with 4 engineers - half had behavioral questioning while all had a white board challenge. 3/4 of the whiteboards were algorithms, half were systems design or feature design.

Interview Questions

• Implement deep copy on a linked list where nodes also have a pointer to a random other node.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First round was an online test which consisted of a few coding problems and a personality test. The second round was an onsite interview. I happened to have 4 interviews of an hour a piece though the recruiters told me it could be anywhere between 4 and 6. The recruiters were very helpful in preparing me for the interview. My best advice would be to listen to them and give yourself a week or two to prepare. You do have to sign an NDA before you can interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• While I can't share the specific questions they asked, I would reiterate, listen to your recruiter and take their advice seriously. Initially, I was not expecting to have to prepare so much I'm really glad I took the time to study up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first step in the interview and it was more of a test than an interview. We took the test and left. Thats exactly how SAT's was, I think they should have change it to more talking interview.

Interview Questions

• As far I can remember, there was one on search in a binary tree.   1 Answer