Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,035 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,035 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Web coding screen into recruiter screen into full loop. Took a few months due to HR issues and scheduling issues from start to finish. Web coding comprised of 4-5 questions, and the full loop with 6 people in 5, 45 minute sections.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was asked technical programming questions, mainly about algorithms. The interview was conducted by an HR rep who started off by telling me she didn't know much about programming and therefore could not give me any clarifying information about questions. Her job was to ask the question and write down my answer. All in all, it was pretty terrible, as most of the questions were poorly conceived and needed more information. I assumed my inability to give confident answers to some of the questions (due to their poor construction) is why I didn't hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First, recruiter show me a Senior, when I apply from Amazon.jobs to start process, senior is goon.

They even take the second phone interview for design question. I don't think design question is appropriate for phone interview. You need real whiteboard to draw scratches in designing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initiated by online assessment. First online assessment was a few debugging questions in either C/Java, which was followed by 20-30 logic questions. Next step was another assessment; this assessment began with a 1-2 hour long "Day at Amazon" simulation, then two coding questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to take a coding test. I took the test but never heard back from the recruiter again. Emailed him for feedback/answer several times. It has been 2 months, no response whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• basic data structures and algorithms questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Why do their recruiters reach me every nezt month and then go just silent?
    It has been my experience with more than 5 recruiters.. They would just take my resume and then ghost out. I have stopped taking their recruiters seriously.

Interview Questions

• Are you open for the opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

basic computer science questions and algorithms, you should get ready before the interview and prepared your words on how to answer the questions about your projects and experience, actually it's not very difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I had to sign an online NDA for the initial online coding test, so I cannot reveal the two specific questions that were asked on it. Answering only the first of the two questions correctly was sufficient for proceeding to the phone interview stage.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenging technical problem that you faced and how did you face it?   Answer Question
    • Implement a function to return the symmetric difference of two sets. You can't use the builtin feature to return a symmetric difference, and must implement it manually. To explain, the returned set has elements from either input set but no elements that are in both sets.   1 Answer
    • Write a function to return the minimum number of squares whose sum equals to given positive integer. For example, for 17, the answer is 2 as it can be expressed as 1 + 16. For 12, it's not 4 due to 9 + 1 + 1 + 1; instead it is 3 due to 4 + 4 + 4.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

hiring and interview process was pretty fast and recruiter was a very nice guy i received an email by the recruiter and the next week i was scheduled for the interview

Interview Questions

• tell either a string is balanced or not such that every starting parenthesis have a closing parenthesis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

there was a phone interview first, then I went on site to interview in their seattle office. The phone interview was not overly difficult, mainly basic technical knowledge. Going to the interview in seattle they covered everything. The technical side isn't super difficult but you do have to answer more than what they're asking for in order to impress them.

Interview Questions

• weird mind twisting questions that has nothing to to with software   1 Answer