Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,053 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,053 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Some behavior questions about how I solved challenges from my past projects. Some algorithms and one object oriented design. There are four rounds and tour before and after them, five minutes between each sessions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Short behavioral interview asking about past projects and going through my resume. Recruiter was nice and asked about project details and edge cases. This interview was rather informal, and I didn't get an offer for the next round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was asked technical programming questions, mainly about algorithms. The interview was conducted by an HR rep who started off by telling me she didn't know much about programming and therefore could not give me any clarifying information about questions. Her job was to ask the question and write down my answer. All in all, it was pretty terrible, as most of the questions were poorly conceived and needed more information. I assumed my inability to give confident answers to some of the questions (due to their poor construction) is why I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Big O notation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

first one oa which is logical testing and behavior testing, then second oa which is basically coding challenge but not hard. after these two is an phone screen or onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Web coding screen into recruiter screen into full loop. Took a few months due to HR issues and scheduling issues from start to finish. Web coding comprised of 4-5 questions, and the full loop with 6 people in 5, 45 minute sections.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First, recruiter show me a Senior, when I apply from Amazon.jobs to start process, senior is goon.

They even take the second phone interview for design question. I don't think design question is appropriate for phone interview. You need real whiteboard to draw scratches in designing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Initiated by online assessment. First online assessment was a few debugging questions in either C/Java, which was followed by 20-30 logic questions. Next step was another assessment; this assessment began with a 1-2 hour long "Day at Amazon" simulation, then two coding questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email with a coding test about a week later. I had 1 hour for debugging and logic questions. Overall not too hard. Their testing platform did freeze on me though, but I was able to log in and resume with the same amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Debugging questions and logic questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to take a coding test. I took the test but never heard back from the recruiter again. Emailed him for feedback/answer several times. It has been 2 months, no response whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• basic data structures and algorithms questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Why do their recruiters reach me every nezt month and then go just silent?
    It has been my experience with more than 5 recruiters.. They would just take my resume and then ghost out. I have stopped taking their recruiters seriously.

Interview Questions

• Are you open for the opportunity?   1 Answer