Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,085 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,085 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Detroit, MI).

Interview

applied online, waited several days, received a phone call, couple more phone calls, scheduled an interview, went in, got told the position was full and they didn't need me and wondered what I was doing there

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the 2018 new grad software engineer position. There were 2 online assessments like always. Then it was the on site interview. There were 3 rounds in total. During each round you will be asked about behavioral questions and 1-2 coding problems. The thing is, 15 days after the interview, I got a call from the HR saying the position is full already.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

For entry level software engineer they make you take an online simulation and coding interview. Neither were difficult, just place the customer first. After this they scheduled a final interview but cancelled the day before. Very unprofessional. Sad.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with amazon shortly after graduating from college for a software role.

Amazon sent me several online assignments, about 3 hours of solving various coding problems, 1 hour of logical challenges and 1 hour of work simulation. The first coding challenge was available in C, C++ and Java. The second code interview was only available in Java and C++, this was not made apparent to begin with, but was not an issue.

Several days later, Amazon invited me to setup a date to do the final interview. After not hearing from them for a week, I received another mysterious survey to setup a different final interview date. Shortly after, Amazon sent me reservations for a hotel room and airplane tickets for the interview. A couple days after that, I received a mysterious call stating that my interview was canceled due to all the positions being filled. The lady on the phone only gave me very generic answers and did not specifically answer any of my questions. My recruiter no longer responds to any of my emails and I am totally in the dark.

I know that there are people who are still deciding on their Amazon offer, so clearly not all the spots are full. I do not appreciate being lied to and led on to find my efforts were wasted. I don't mind being put on a 'wait-list' of sorts; however I disagree with how this situation was handled.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and setup a telephone screening. The interviewer was very unprofessional and had the TV on in the background. The guy had very heavy accent and it was really hard to understand the questions. I end up asking him to repeat everything. The questions were simple but we wasted time as the communication was very poor. By the end of the interview i was very irritated. I hope they have people with better communication skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I would say the most wierd and unprofessional way. They are just meant to disappoint candidates.

I have gone through the programming interview for an hour and absolutely no feedback shared after the interview. I tried calling back the recruiter but just they dont respond. They are soo unprofessional.

Definitely not the way to treat an aspirant and I had to withdraw my application for such an unprofessional recruitment process.

Will never recommend such horrible companies. May be someday soon they might be the richest company on earth but definitely dey do have some bad bunch of irresponsible recruiters.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I appied online and after passing two online tests, I got onsite email.
    I interviewed at Doppler on 20th Oct.
    On monday i got a phone call telling me there is no headcount

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I submitted resume from amazon jobs website, after one month I got OA1 and OA2. Just normal algorithm and data structure questions and behavior questions, however, no more process after OA

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1.test,2test, onsite,. prepare the frequent question. get know comman data structure, get to know some people . prepare behavior question. nice people, nice location, company will pay all the money, u also have time to visit seattle.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question. prepare in one week   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

I got a referral and applied online, didn't hear for a month. Had to email to get responses even those were just automated. Then finally cold emailed, got a response and was sent an assessment. The first assessment had a large portion that was literally an IQ test, I think that speaks to the type of company they are. Though throughout the assessment I did not feel time pressured which is definitely a plus. The first assessment only allowed C, C++ and Java though. I also didn't like that throughout the whole process I did not speak to a single person, it was all automated emails & acceptances. Then after not hearing back after the second assessment, I pinged them and they said they are done hiring for the season...