Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,161 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in July 2014.

Interview

first came up with introduction of the job and the interviewer, then some behavior question like most challenge part of your past project had been asked. and one of the question is from leetcode. and the other question is very practical associate with Python. like give you a thousands of websites and extract all the phone number.

Interview Questions

• they ask me some OOD question in phone interview which is I was not expected.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Amazon in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a technical phone interview. The interview started with general software engineering questions about polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, etc. I then had some questions on sorting algorithms and the differences between them and their run time in terms of big O notation. We then proceeded to the live coding portion of the interview using Collabedit. I was asked to implement a binary search tree for an array of integers and talk about the run time of binary search tree.

Interview Questions

• Implementing a binary search tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted to do an initial interview. The interview process was all done online, on a 3rd party website where I had to solve three problems. They asked three questions in regards to manipulating data structures. I was required to solve the problems in the most optimal manner, as well as provide a reasoning on why I solved it the way I did, as well as explain in detail the time complexity.

Interview Questions

• Explain in derail the time complexity of all solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Group Interview. Three guys in a team. We have to solve a problem, there three parts in the problem. Everyone of us choose one part and solve it by ourselves. So it's not really a group interview. During this process, we have to talk to the engineer two time. The in person interview is about the algorithm and how to improve it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two 45 minute technical interviews. The first interview was more about core java concepts, while the second was a critical thinking technical question. You should know all your data structures really well, and be ready to apply them in situations presented. They are also looking for people that are passionate about emerging technologies and have a desire to constantly keep learning

Interview Questions

• Ask questions about data structures and core java concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2013.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter. They seemed interested in my background in computer vision and machine learning. They had me do a small programming exercise over the phone. Then I went in for an in person interview. It was frustrating because they could not say anything about what I would be working on, other than I was a great match.

Interview Questions

• What is the most disruptive thing you've done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people total. One of them was very nice and friendly. All the others were impersonal and mechanical. Could tell it was a everyone man for himself kind of culture.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't hard, but hard to impress the bar raiser interviewer, who has veto power and mandated to hire people better than 50% of the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2014.

Interview

As most of the other people have stated, they have a pretty regular interview process.
    Two back to back phone interviews of around 45 mins. I was asked basic questions regarding String reverse, Card Deck, Compare Binary Trees mostly from Cracking the Coding book. Also, regarding Android Development since It was on my profile.

Interview Questions

• All questions are regular, can be found on geekforgeeks   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2011.

Interview

Responded to a posted job with my reume and cover letter. Had a scheduled phone interview which was casual discussion of my background and accomplishments. Was flown out for face to face interview where I met with team members 1 at a time for aprox 1 hour technical interviews where I was given design problems and technical Java questions like demonstrate the use of threads and queues. Finally interviewed with manager and was challenged with open ended qestions to answer with as much as I could provide for ideas and direction.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part for me was the psychological pressure that was used threw me off my game. Just remember they would not be interviewing you if they did not want to hire you. Its ok not to have all the answers .. you will be part of the team :)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied on the website under the university section. Received an email from recruiter and setup two 45 mins tech screens with engineers. Spent the first few minutes learning about their role, as well as explaining my background/interest. No specifics questions just general. Then one coding question. I was asked to write an algorithm to compute square root. The other call asked me to reverse a Linked List.

Interview Questions

• 1 ) Algorithm to compute square root that handles perfect and non-perfect squares.
      2) Reverse a LinkedList   3 Answers