Amazon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,056 Interview Reviews

3.3

1,056 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Two questions. That was all. Interviewer did not try to get to know me nor did they try to ask about my EXTENSIVE background, speaking experience (or that I was one of the original team at Amazon from 95-98). He asked his two coding questions, said thank you and that was that. It was a planned rejection that was just going through the motions of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. It was merely being asked to code on the fly with differing requirments. As I explained to interviewer, Amazon calls me sometimes 3-4 times a month and I would get different requirements depending on the interviewer so it was crazy what I would get for requirements... they would change everytime depending on the interviewer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial HR phone discussion followed by a call with an engineer, discussing my background and asking me a linked list related question to code in their online interactive IDE. Their HR typically takes a week to get back with you, but they tend to be prompt about hitting this deadline. Onsite interview with 4 engineers - half had behavioral questioning while all had a white board challenge. 3/4 of the whiteboards were algorithms, half were systems design or feature design.

Interview Questions

• Implement deep copy on a linked list where nodes also have a pointer to a random other node.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First round was an online test which consisted of a few coding problems and a personality test. The second round was an onsite interview. I happened to have 4 interviews of an hour a piece though the recruiters told me it could be anywhere between 4 and 6. The recruiters were very helpful in preparing me for the interview. My best advice would be to listen to them and give yourself a week or two to prepare. You do have to sign an NDA before you can interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• While I can't share the specific questions they asked, I would reiterate, listen to your recruiter and take their advice seriously. Initially, I was not expecting to have to prepare so much I'm really glad I took the time to study up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first step in the interview and it was more of a test than an interview. We took the test and left. Thats exactly how SAT's was, I think they should have change it to more talking interview.

Interview Questions

• As far I can remember, there was one on search in a binary tree.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The process began with an email from an Amazon recruiter. He provided me with a fairly simple online coding assessment. A couple days later, they felt that they knew enough about me to fly me to Seattle and place me in a hotel near the Amazon headquarters.
    Prior to heading to Seattle, the recruiter provided me with a nice preparation package, and walked me through what to expect.
    On the day of the interview, I was greeted by the recruiter and a member of the HR team at the Amazon Headquarters. They gave me a brief tour of the office, and provided 20 minutes for me ask them any questions about the job, and what to expect.
    The interview itself was split into four parts, where a different interviewer spent about 45 minutes with me each. The interviewers seemed rushed and tired, which took away from the experience of getting a decent conversation in.
    The questions themselves were your typical Algorithm and Data Structure questions.

Interview Questions

• As per the NDA I signed, I cant give away any specific questions, but make sure that you are well-versed in your CS fundamentals, and have a good understanding of big O notation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

The phone screen interview.
    Make a phone call and the same time to share the screen to do the coding. The first 30 minutes they asked me some behavior questions, then do the coding

Interview Questions

• They asked me some behavior questions first. Like How I handle when I have different views with my teammate? Is anything you do to take the leadership or influence to your team? Then they ask write the althorims to implement a LRU cache   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Amazon phone screen is 50% behavior, 50% technical. Read the company culture list, and prepare your behavioral answer questions around those values. The technical wasn't that difficult, ensure you think of corner cases and test it in the end.
    I had to turn down on-site invite since I already got another offer.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of one digit integers, add them both. i.e. [1,0] + [1,2] = [2,2]   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Did 2 phone screens - one was behavioral the 2nd was technical. Both reviewers seemed really nice. Got a generic rejection email after the technical even though I thought I answered the question ok in O(n). Asked for feedback but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• (there was slightly more to it, but basically) Given 2 character arrays, find the largest number of common elements   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

Online assessment. The assessment was an online test which composed of two questions. One is easy, and the other one is quite tricky. The test lasted two hours and if you're well prepared then you shoud be okay with that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2017.

Interview

I applied and within 5 days they responded and sent me an assesment. After taking the first test they sent me another one which was about 2 hours long and was more difficult

Interview Questions

• Find if two rectangles intersect using only diagonals   1 Answer