Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

Organized, coordinated and thoughtful with a lot of prep information provided on what is expected. It does not make it easy, but it prepares you for the flow of the interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fairly rigorous with two phone screens before a full-day 8 person loop interview. The loop was fairly intense and drew from a broad group of people both within my prospective team as well as a few from other teams. The bar-raiser was fairly easy to spot as she was from a completely different department

Interview Questions

• None that stand out. For Level 4 TAM positions they appear to focus on multi-tasking skills and the ability to learn from mistakes while also thinking big and taking ownership over projects that aren't necessarily under your purview. Expressing how you implemented workflow changes that made a substantial improvement in the customer experience would be something to focus on, as well as mentioning the Amazon core principles: think big, invent and simplify, customer obsession, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No back and forth --a "take it or leave it" type of offer since I was being hired out of a contract position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

The HR part of the process was extremely smooth, and the recruiters were courteous, helpful, prompt and friendly. I went into my in-person interview loop with a very good impression of the company.

Unfortunately, that impression was completely turned around by the in-person interview loop. It consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews, and in every interview I stared at the lid of an open laptop while interviewers read ancient stock interview questions off a screen and typed madly while I spoke. There was no significant eye contact from anyone the entire day, and certainly nothing that could be considered a conversation.

Case in point: The following day I returned to the building to deliver thank-you notes, and in the lobby happened to see one of my interviewers. I called to him, and it was clear he didn't even know who I was, though we'd spent an hour alone in a room the day before.

I was advised by HR to read up on Amazon's "leadership principles", which is a list of 10 or so crapspeak executive edicts. Indeed, many of the interview questions spoke directly to some of these principles, so HR's advice was valuable. I had answers and stories prepared to specifically address the principles. However, the interview process itself contradicted them in almost comical ways. Amazon is unjustifiably proud of their hip, young culture (there were dogs on leashes everywhere), and they have all drunk the "leadership principles" Kool-Aid, but I was not treated respectfully. It was an extremely unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were read off a screen, and all answers were typed frantically while I spoke. Questions were all right out of Interviewing 101: "Tell me about a difficult client", "How do you deal with ambiguity", etc. You will not be listened to, only transcribed.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Application was submitted through the corporate portal. Received communication from recruiter asking for few initial details regarding experience, relocation preference and an example of most challenging experience/issue handling. Received a second email from a different recruiter asking for availability for phone interview. Only the first name of interviewer was provided.

Interview was a peer interview which was revealed only once the interview started. Interviewer asked about specific implementations, how a complex problem was solved and feedback on amazon instant video service. Interviewer was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Define how database knowledge was applied to resolve a complex issue. How different sources of information were used to identify and resolve an issue.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Received email from Amazon recruiter who asked to set up phone interview. Within a day of providing my availability, an interview was set up. The last name of the interviewer was not provided, nor was the interviewer's position. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Seemed to go well - lots of 'what-if' scenarios. Almost seemed like they were fishing for business ideas at some points rather than conducting an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would suggest we fix the following actual problem we encounter on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me and asked to set up a phone interview. On the phone, he got to know me, told me about the position, and answered my questions about related positions.

A week or so later, I had a phone screen with a Technical Account Manager. He asked technical and personality questions. It was fast paced but pleasant.

Soon after, I was invited for an onsite interview a few weeks later. The on site interview was a lot like the phone screen, but with more details and the use of a white board to diagram.

Interview Questions

• They ask many questions for you to describe situations you were in, how you handled them, and what was the impact.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screening with two people in a conference call. Onsite with 6 different people from different backgrounds. They tell you they are not trying to be rude but have to record everything. It's a very strange process.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were relevant to the job. There was two technical whiteboard discussions. White board a 3 tier architecture with various components. How do you scale it 1000x for a global ecommerce application. They ask a lot about scaling almost any technology to a global audience. Many scenario based questions. One question "have you ever had a job where you were on call?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

First, I talking with the recruiter who do a pre-screen. Next, I did two different phone screens with people who were currently in the role. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in the office and interviewed with 5 different people from various roles within AWS. I was notified of the decision a few days later.

Interview Questions

• I can’t say exactly what they asked as I signed a NDA. But, they’ll ask about whatever skills you put on your resume. So if you say you are a windows person, you need to know about all sorts of different things related to Windows, AD, Networking, and architecture. You’ll also be asked general behavioral questions and things like that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. A screening call was scheduled followed by an hour-long technical interview. Questions were either behavioral or technical in nature. Technical questions related to the job were to measure knowledge and ability to troubleshoot distributed applications, multi-tiered applications, Docker, CDN, Load balancer functions, methods of updating web applications without downtime, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an instance when you had to make quick decision without having all the information.   1 Answer
    • Talk about when you went above and beyond what you were assigned.   Answer Question
    • Recall an instance when you had to overcome resistance from a coworker to cooperate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through their website. A recruiter emailed me and set up a phone screen. Two weeks later, I got an email from a different recruiter -- the first one I worked with had left the company. Had a second phone screen followed by a very nice pass email.

The tech questions that others have posted here definitely helped. The first interview was about half tech and half behavioral, and the second leaned more heavily toward the tech side. Both of the interviewers were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a three-tier application?   1 Answer