Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in November 2018.

Interview

Extremely cordial interview process, never felt like a battle. Lots of technical and non technical questions. Less hoops to jump through from first recruiter contact to in person interview than Google.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a coworker didn’t meet your expectations, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Non technical phone screen initially. If you make it past that, you have additional technical phone interviews and then on site panel interview. The panel interview is a mix of different technical employees.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most creative things you did to solve a problem?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Interview

I was initially approached by an AWS recruiter via LinkedIn, who encouraged me to apply for the TAM job given that my background looked like a great fit. I replied back to him with my availability for a phone screen (at his request) but after that point never heard back from him, despite sending a couple follow-up LinkedIn messages. I chalked it up to a sub-par recruiter and forgot about it until about 3 weeks later, another AWS recruiter reached to me for the TAM role. I mentioned to them that the other guy disappeared on me and the new recruiter apologized and we proceeded to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was straightforward and positive and the recruiter asked me to send him my availability for an interview with a current TAM, which I did. After receiving no response for a week and half, I pinged him via email and heard nothing back. 3 days later I sent him a LinkedIn message asking whether or not he was still interested in setting up a TAM interview. Again - no response.

Based on my experience with these two AWS recruiters, I can safely say AWS' recruiters don't put much value in treating prospective candidates with respect and (apparently) don't even have the decency to send a quick "Sorry, but I'll be in touch soon" or a "We've decided you may not be a good match" email to let one know where they stand. This tells me a lot about the company and confirms my original negative impression of Amazon as a workplace. If the recruiters treat candidates this way, I can only assume that the company doesn't have an issue with it. Definitely not a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Due to the recruiters disappearing, I never was able to get to the actual interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Arduous - from writing exercises, and phone interviews, to a marathon without any idea what they’re hunting for. Each of the interiewer’s questions were extremely similar, yet warned not to give the same answer. There were questions on culture, past personal successes, and some practical white board and fundamental tech questions.

Interview Questions

• What of the 14 principles do you like the most, or least?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and received an email two weeks later. Went through two phone interviews that did not reference my experience, but passed me along anyway. Went on-site for five interviews that were a waste of my time. If you have a solid technical operations background do not apply, they are looking for DevOps consultants.

Interview Questions

• They are listed already, and they like to stick to them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Herndon, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

4 Interviewers with each testing out various levels of credibility.
    You need to be absolutely sure about what you are saying.
    Keep it short but to the point.
    You cannot BS with them as most of the interviewers are like IT aged wines.
    For example: If you are interviewing in Seattle and you include Java programming as a skill , you might end up with an interview with the founder of Java himself (James Gosling).
    Certifications are good but if you only know the material.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process is very frustrating, misleading, and overly complicated. I was approached with a phone interview, which I passed and immediately sent a request for an in person interview to be chosen within a certain time frame. After choosing a time frame, the manager/recruiter asked to have another phone screen. The behavior of AMAZON is not becoming of an inclusive company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you would have to mitigate data from one AWS system to another, what process and steps would you take to perform this task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

A Totals of 5 Rounds. 1. Recruiter? Hiring Manager Call. 2. HR Call 3. Technical Phone
     Screening 1 4. Technical Phone Screening 2 5. Onsite Technical & Behavioural Questions
    I made it only until 4 Rounds. AMAZON Uses STAR Method to evaluate their candidates

Interview Questions

• Cannot Discuss due to NDA in email enforcing anyone receiving calls. The Recruiters are very cool. My call with HR didn't go well but he set up a technical round for me and they have a single process for all the candidates for a specific role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

- Initial call from sourcer
    - 2 phone screening (technical in nature)
    - Prep for onsite with recruiter
    - Onsite with a number of managers and technical people
    The interview process is comfortable and efficient. At the moment, Amazon is doing hiring events in certain cites, which brings a lot of interview talent to one place. This makes the interview process go faster and decisions are reached sooner. I found the interviewers to be well trained and good at establishing rapport.

Interview Questions

• Questions are wrapped around the Amazon leadership principles   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Two one hour phone interviews from current TAMs consisting of behavioral and technical questions. In person interviews consisting of 5 45 minute interviews. 90% of questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to help a colleague that was struggling   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a project failed despite your best efforts   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to step out of your core competency   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received critical or negative feedback   1 Answer