Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a coordinator who set up another "conversation" with a recruiter. This was mostly her outlining what the next steps would be and advocating the study of their 'Amazon Principles' and preparing me for the 'STAR' method of questioning they use. No conversation about the company, role, what they are looking for - nothing.

Surprisingly, my first phone interview was with another [potential] colleague (as opposed to a hiring manager) who was completely incapable, and seemed very disinterested, in conducting the interview. She provided no introduction, asked about my background, and then jumped straight in to two 'tell me a time when...' questions. Still having heard nothing about the role, I started asking her questions about the role/company to which she was incapable of answering or elaborating. Hesitating to even move forward; the next week I was scheduled for a second (1hr) phone interview with another [potential] colleague who conducted the interview in the same way but was more capable/helpful in conducting the interview and answering my questions.

Overall I got the feeling the company doesn't really care about your background, cultural fit, or what you're looking for in this role and beyond. The questioning and attitudes all exemplified a 'how can you serve Amazon' tone (which apparently is their culture); with a huge emphasis on successfully answering their behavioral questions rather than putting any focus on your background, skills, talents, achievements, etc. Going in to the process, I was aware of Amazons poor workplace reputation and was cautiously optimistic about proving these notions wrong, but unfortunately was not able to do so. I am very unimpressed by their process, and (had they moved forward) with the idea of working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a project - what was the problem and how did you know you were on the right track to solve it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO) in January 2019.

Interview

Organized, coordinated and thoughtful with a lot of prep information provided on what is expected. It does not make it easy, but it prepares you for the flow of the interviews.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

It was video call/interview where I felt comfortable and the interviewer was nice. He said that I should make to let him know when I'm making assumptions regarding technology.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Briefly exchanged the role / requirements and previous experience and skill sets. Analytic and behavioral questions that supports the ideology of companies leadership principles. Recco would be - Just be you in your response.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Amazon Web Services. The interview ("the loop") was an interesting mix of technical and soft skills. It's true what they say about Amazon's interview process relying heavily on their interpretation of your fit to their leadership principles as much as, if not more than, your acumen. It's all about being a 'bar raiser'.

The hiring process itself dragged on for months: I started before Christmas, was switched out ("recycled") for the TAM role, had to ask the recruiter for an interview with the hiring manager, chased that process for about three weeks, before finally being told I would get an offer. It took another four weeks of hounding the recruiter before I was able to coax an actual offer out of them.

I was disappointed when I was told that the offer generation process took so long because Amazon hadn't yet done their market research to determine the pay scale for the TAM role in my geography... Pretty sloppy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with a superior, how you handled it, and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

Firstly a phone interview with a TAM. All technical questions,
    Secondly a phone interview with hiring manager. More about competence to handle customer consultancy type role than technical questions. Need to show customer-facing competence.
    Thirdly an all day session at company site.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you enter URL in browser.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2016.

Interview

There where two phone screens. The first more focus on technical skills and the second more focus with business and relationships skills. Both with the classics questions of interviews "tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you made and how you handle it.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2015.

Interview

I read a lot of negative review online. I think amazon got the exceptions wrong (as noted clearly on all the reviews).

First session is technical questions over the phone.

They are asking lots of hands-on support type of questions, while I was looking for something a bit more like SE type of role, so I asked again and again if they are looking for hands-on/support role, they said that the TAM role is not hands-on and not support, but based on the questions it may look like hands-on/support type of role.

They did not ask a single question about strategic enterprise customer planning or account management, just PS questions.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Brief, curt, short-sighted...
    This was an interview conducted by someone who has probably done this the first time and needed to tick through some of the boxes.
    There were a series of basic questions about technical skillsets. Nothing about experiences, nothing about history...
    Considering the organisation, it was terribly disappointing the interview process lacked the maturity and experience one would expect for a role of this sort..!

Interview Questions

• What is a 'shell' in Linux?
      What is a Elasticity in AWS?
      ..... this was getting ridiculous....!   2 Answers

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very structured and streamlined approach, wasn’t aware of the process beforehand but turns out that HR can assist in interview preparation by pointing in the right direction. Intense process with multiple interviews scheduled one after another with almost no break, be prepared, take some quick snacks and water, make sure that you prepared all scenarios following STAR approach and align your responses with aws leadership principles

Interview Questions

• STAR approach on interview: situation, task, approach, result, be prepared to cover as many scenarios as possible, they should be different for any interviewer so you don’t repeat yourself   1 Answer