Amazon Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

2.3

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Lots of emails back and forth but actually the interview is easy and laid back. But just a back ground check and drug test. Very s8 forward process but very timely fashion and matter.

Fulfillment Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Murfreesboro, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Amazon.com on 7/21. I did a test online when I applied. Amazon does their direct hiring through Integrity Staffing.

I immediately received invitation to a hiring event and was directed to make an appointment. They had several to choose from. I chose one for WED 7/26. There was no interview at all. The online assessment was my interview. I was told what shift they had available. I said yes. Watched a short video about Amazon and then did a mouth swab for my drug screen. I was told this is a direct hiring blue badge event.

I was told it could be 10 days before hearing back. I did however, hear back super early today 7/31. I was told I passed and to watch out for the email to do orientation. I received an email about 7 hours after receiving the email that I passed my drug screen to schedule.

They had two dates to pick from, I picked the one closest which is 8/4. I was told when I applied that it would be online orientation but this says I will go to the facility.

Overall, my hiring was fast and simple and to the point. Took two weeks from the time I applied to the time I get orientation.

FC WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Murfreesboro, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple. Just go to staffing agency and fill out all paperwork on computer. Take a picture, watch brief introduction video, submit background and drug test(oral swab). Wait for approval.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer full time or temporary?   1 Answer
    • What shift preference do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

First interview was over-the-phone. Seemed like a standard call interview with all your hopes and dreams and why you're doing this. It was less of an interview and more of a formal "welcome, this is what you can look forward to."
    Second part was an on-site visit where your benefits, drug test, orientation, and hours are determined. No interview really. Just pass the drug test and you got it!

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of your experience with Amazon?   Answer Question

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Memphis, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call based on the LinkedIn Profile. The first round was a coding challenge, where I was supposed to answer 2 challenging questions purely based on algorithms. Second round was again a whiteboard interview where number of ways of solving problems were targetted.

Interview Questions

• A matrix NxN we should identify the highest sum of possible combinations of a given pattern.   1 Answer

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

After I applied online (direct with the Amazon HR headquarters in Seattle, Washington), a contingent job offer was extended. Next, came an email, to authorize a consumer / credit and criminal background check, which I authorized and passed. Then, I got an email to come by an address, which turned out to be, a staffing center named Integrity Staffing Solutions. The email read, if I didn't come in, they won't be able to offer me a job. So, I headed on in.

Upon arrival, I told them I applied online, and was sent an email to come on in.

After that they looked up my name on their computer and saw my application, they noticed that my preferred work shifts were days (Monday yes, Tuesday yes, Wednesday Yes, Thursday yes, Friday yes, Saturday yes, Sunday yes). Not nights.

And at that time I was told, there are no openings for day shifts. And there won't be any openings for day shifts for at least five weeks. Thus, there is no need to take the drug test, or anything else. Why? Because, my employment application (with Amazon) will expire before any day shifts become available. So, I left the building, without doing anything further. Yes, I wasted my time.
    And my money ($500). As, I traveled in from out of state (a total of 1,100 miles) to accept a regular full-time day shift job, after a contingent job offer was extended.

Oh well, life goes on...

Interview Questions

• Would you consider working a night shift?   2 Answers

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

There was no interview. I applied online and got a direct hire. They will hire anyone to the company except for those who have worked before and cannot come back.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

About 15 of us were initially taken on a tour of one of their fulfillment centers. This showed the processes of picking and packaging and gave us the the lay of the facility. There was no organized location for supplies as they explained there wasn't a need for it. We were all given a work flow problem to calculate and asked us to be able to discuss how we came to the conclusion. We met with three more interviewers that asked us questions on how we fit their leadership principles.

Interview Questions

• What major contribution have you made in your current position to improve a process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

I didnt really get an interview at all it was easier than I thought. I just applied, then I got an email saying for my drug test to go to a certain place and I did and then after that I got the job and went to my orientation.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got immediate response from in-house recruiter. Answered general questions through email. Phone interview 1 week later. Typical behavioral and math questions as stated in other reviews. Moved on to next phase of onsite interview at another facility (not one applying for) 1 week after phone interview. 7 other people in group interviewing for various positions. Facility tour, 15 minute math question exactly as stated in other reviews, then interview with facility manager, 2 ops manager, hr manager. 5 hrs total interview time. Math a breeze. 100% focused on behavioral questions. Do not try and be friendly or make conversation, which is what I did. They strictly want the answers, nothing more. Interviewers will be from other facilities that you are NOT applying for. So you have no clue as to the other team members strengths/weaknesses/etc. 20 years experience in field does not matter; its only how you answer the questions. I believe you can fail the math and still get hired if you answer behavioral questions to their result. Actually thought I was well qualified from an experience standpoint; that will get you step one of the interview process. Remember, its all about behavioral questions. You will not get any feedback if not selected. I believe Amazon is a good company, they just interview differently from most other companies. Psychology majors would do very well in the interview!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when........   1 Answer