Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1.3

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Interview is as simple as it gets. You have to have a pulse.

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is what it is.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Well first I found the application online through Integrity and right when I finish the application, I was instructed to call the local Integrity office and tell them I finished the application. I called and they gave me a date for the interview which was a like three weeks later. Unlike other people who have said that the office was full of people. My experience was opposite. The office was basically empty except for some employee . I can see it was meant for a mobile of people though. Anyways I had to do random test on a computer which I assume it was to test my competenc . It was easy. After that I sat down and wait in a empty room with dozens of chairs while a repeating Integrity video kept playing. I waited 30mins and I was finally called over to some lady who was very nice to me. She only asked me like one interview questions. Which I can't remember but it was something about how I manage my time or something like that. After that she asked me for proof of employment and high school diploma. She asked me to fill out some forms and she took my photo and told me there were no positions right now but I should call weekly and ask them if they have any available. I did this for like 2 months and finally given a start day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Chester, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through Amazon
    Phone Interview
    Face to Face at Hotel
    (Recieved Special Interview for Management)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set pay rate - Take it or leave it!

Recieved special interview - I passed, however through company disorganization. Interview info lost and I recieved offer for Associate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Lebanon, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled it for the following day. The recruiter called me a little bit early so try to be ready at least a half hour before your scheduled time. The lady who interviewed me was nice and polite, she made me feel really comfortable. Here are a few of the questions she asked:

1. Why do you want to work for amazon?
    2. How do you practice safety in the workplace?
    3. How do you "keep up the pace" when you have a lot to get done?
    4. Give an example of how you dealt with a confrontation at work?
    5. Describe a time when you worked on a task without being told to do it?
    6. What shifts do you prefer to work?
    7. What do you already know about the position you applied for?

Overall the phone interview was very quick and went smoothly. Most of the questions were straight forward and were asked in a conversational style. I was told I needed to fax proof of highschool or college graduation. They said they would contact me via email if I am invited to the in-person interview. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• "Explain how you keep up the pace." I was taken off guard by this question and asked her to be more specific.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Richmond, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the new Amazon Distribution center that will be opening up in chesterfield(Chester) this fall.
    I went through the typical steps: Applying online,waiting for an Email confrontation and then finally, I was given a chance to be interviewed through the phone.

The phone interview process consisted of various question.Typical run of the mill questions.

Why did you leave your last job?
    How would you practice safe procedures?
    What was your most difficult confrontation?
    How flexible is your schedule?
    Explain a time where you had to demonstrate your flexibility at work.
    If you saw a Co-worker stealing what would you do?
    Why Amazon?
    Would you prefer Day time/Night time shifts?
    What is your safe place attitude?
    Do you believe people are Dishonest?
    Describe a time where you had to do something when you were not told to do.

The interview process was about 15 to 25 minutes long.Your dealing with a recruiter from Amazon not a manager.The recruiter that I dealt with was a bit robotic,I could tell she had some sort of disapproval/loathsome interest between the interaction between the two of us.One huge negative on my part was that I could barely understand some of the things she was saying.She seemed mildly ok with breaking down what I could not hear her say,but I could intuitively tell she was becoming exasperated with repeating herself.At one point she even skipped over a question because I temporarily lacked the ability to understand what she was saying.The recruiter sounded like she wasn't having a pleasant day while I was keeping my answers gift rapped with a positive enforcement.I felt like my reign of calm,but up-beat attitude while on the phone with the recruiter was shot down by her impetuous atmosphere.

At the end I was not offered a 2nd interview.All that was said was:
    "I hope your employment with Amazon goes well,good luck and thank you for you time."

Interview Questions

• "Would you prefer Day time/Night time shifts?"   1 Answer
    • "Why did you leave your last job?"   1 Answer
    • :"Do you believe people are dishonest?"
      "I've never really dealt with a dishonest person while at work.If anything they're dishonest with themselves."

The recruiters reply:"So you've never dealt with a dishonest person?Even though my previous statement implied that,I responded by saying"No,I can't say I've dealt with one before."The next response received was more typing.   1 Answer
    • "Why Amazon?"   1 Answer
    • The next question:What is your safe place attitude?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Jeffersonville, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Went well. Will have an in person interview next

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Jeffersonville, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online for new warehouse currently being built in Jeffersonville, IN. Recieved a email about a phone interview a few days later. Questions mostly on safety, what would you do if you saw someone stealing, ask about something you didnt like about a previous job, what you did like about previous job.
     BE BRIEF!! they do Not like long responces

I was emailed a few days later and asked to schedule a interview for a Direct Hire Event! I scheduled on the second day and showed up to the hotel. I made sure to speak and say Hello to everyone there wearing amazon shirts and SMILE!!
      The interviewer asked five easy questions and told me to go back out and wait and they would take me through the next step. Myself and about 10 others were called into a room and they said Congratulations Amazon would like to hire you contengent upon a clean (mouth swab) drug test and back ground check. They told us about benifets (ehich are awesome) pay starts at 11.00 for first shift and 11.50 for other shifts. .25 raised every six months until three years!!!! The new location will not open till sometime in late sept or october.

Interview Questions

• answered what i did not like about my previous employer.. I did not want to sound negative. So i had to be polite.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Richmond, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

I did the online application, pretty basic. Then a week later got a email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was the same as described by other on this site. Pratice the question keep them short and sweet. I have a 1 on 1 interview on the 23 of august. Been reading up on the position hope its alot better than others have described.

Interview Questions

• Not one of the question was difficult thanks to glassdoor i was prepared   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Chester, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received and email for set up an interview over the phone. Did the phone interview and it consisted of basic questions the interviewer was very nice and didn't mind repeating questions. She talked clear and precisely. The very next day i received an email to set up a face to face interview. The interview is tomorrow. We keep you all posted

Interview Questions

• What are your safe behaviors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (West Columbia, SC) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied with Amazon online on August 2nd. The process was pretty easy and simple. I received a email for a Prescreen Phone interview on Aug 21st. The questions asked by the interviewer was simple questions and easy to answer. She made the interview so fun and I think it was one of the best interviews I've had in a long time. I then instantly after getting off the phone received a email stating the next step of Face to Face interview. It was scheduled for about two weeks later. I have worked in customer service for most of my life and the way Amazon made me feel walking in was just wonderful. I was greeted with a bright smile every where I went. The interview went well also. Then I went to take a drug test in the next room and then taken to a room and high fived and told they were looking forward to me working on their team! I have never been more excited to work for a Customer Driven and based company! They made it a wonderful experience. I can not wait to the call back for scheduling. I'm excited to be hired by a Great Company like Amazon!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself. Go in a show your spirit for working for a great company!