Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1.3

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I received an email to schedule my phone interview time. The phone interviewer asked 5-6 basic questions and sounded really bored so I kept my answers short but sweet. After the interview she told me to email my diploma, transcripts, and resume to them.

A few days later after doing this I received another email to schedule my 1:1 interview. The interview location took place at a Hilton hotel. Inside it was filled with Amazon employees roaming around with signs pointing where to go. I was first given a sheet of paper with my potential hours I would work if hired along with a temporary ID number. They then brought me into a room with many laptops to fill out a typical Agree/Disagree survey. After this I was taken directly to a room and assigned an interviewer. My interviewer started the questions with a basic "Tell us about you" question. A few more questions were "Name a time you resolved a conflict", "Would you report an employee who was stealing" and "Name a time you took initiative". All pretty simple and par for the course.

After the interview I was escorted to another desk where the Amazon employee there told me they wanted to extend me an offer which I accepted. I was then taken into a conference room with many other people who had accepted the offer. The Amazon employee gave a short presentation and then we had our pictures taken for ID, cheek swab for drug test, and had us sign off on the offered contract. They also handed us a "Swag Bag" on our way out. I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you resolved a conflict in a group environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Colonial Heights, VA).

Interview

go in and answer some simple questions. Next step is to go in a room with 15 other people and take an oral mouth swab drug test.

Negotiation

easy. already a set pay scale

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application for this position and received an email stating that they want to interview me. This interview was a pre-screen phone interview. They state in the email that you can schedule a certain time that is good for you for them to call you. I scheduled the 20th of September at 4:00 p.m. The woman who interviewed was very polite and nice, I felt very comfortable answering the questions. I reviewed a little before they called so I knew exactly what to say and pin pointed each question with a great answer and truthfully even if I wasn't prepared I probably would of anyways it is really easy so don't worry.

The questions asked were...
    1. Why would you want to work for Amazon?
    2.Was an employer ever dishonest with you in the past? and what did you do about it?
    3. How do you deal with confrontation? ( can be employer or customer you dealt with)
    4. What shift is right for you?

That's pretty much it now I have to go to another interview on the September 25th. They want you to bring proof of education (diploma) and proof of citizenship. It's an onsite hiring process and very easy,

Interview Questions

• Was an employer ever dishonest with you. I really didn't expect this to be asked but I stated that yeah I had an employer who was and she wanted to know an exact time when this happened. Really caught be off guard so be prepared for this one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

To meet at another site ( an email was sent out of the exact location and what time)

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is like any fortune 500 business, they take your application and is processed by a third party. They email you saying they'd like a phone interview, and if you agree they setup an appointment. Mine happened to be at 2PM on a Thursday, and they called at 2PM, not half an hour or an hour later like someone else mentioned.

They ask you questions such as 'What was your most stressful situation?' and 'Have you ever done something without having to be asked to do so at your last place of employment? And if so, what was it?' After a few questions, they thank you for your time and tell you if they selected you that you would be getting an email from Amazon.

About 2 weeks later I got an email for an in-person interview. I get to the location early and it's full of other people being interviewed. You approach a desk, they ask your name and ID, pull a piece of paper with your schedule, name and email on it. They ask if everything is correct, if it is, they enter you into the system and give you this piece of paper. Once you're called, you are escorted by an Amazon Day-One employee to a management employee, it's extremely casual as all the interviewers and Amazon associated employees are wearing short sleeved tshirts and jeans. Introduce yourself, they introduce themselves and explain who they are, how long they have been with Amazon, where they started and what their current position is, it's an extremely open interview. They ask you the basic questions 'What would you do if you saw someone steal something? What would you do if it was your best friend?', 'How do you handle stress and fast paced environments?', 'What was the most stressful event of your past employments?'. As you answer the questions, your answers are being typed into a laptop, they don't hide it. Once the questions are finished they ask you if you'd like to ask any questions regarding Amazon. They mark a piece of paper that was given to them by the escort from earlier, and this mark is what finally determines your employment, if you should be hired or not, or if you should be interviewed again.

Once it's finished, you're taken to a waiting area, and are finally told to relax and sit back, you got the job as long as background check and drug test come back in your favor. You then enter a room, have your ID picture taken, sit down with the rest of the group and continue on. At this point, they explain the history of Amazon, the goals of Amazon, their focus and who they look for. You do the drug test, and are able to leave.

Interview Questions

• 'What was the most stressful event of your past employments?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview was very quick. I went in to the 3rd party staffing agency, did the online app, and within 20 minutes I was taking a drug test for the job and within the next hour we we're having orientation for the job in which I started 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions mainly because the online application pretty much too up most of my time. This being factory work, the whole process was fairly impersonal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

This was a new building so it took about 3 months, 1st phone Interview, then Second interview at a local hotel lobby, at hotel they either walk you out the door or in to a conference room where you get a job offer. The key at this job safety safety safety!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for warehouse assoc. ! You are a dime a dozen. You get what the give.

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Entire hiring process is done strictly through their website, besides the in-person interview. Applied through their website. Received email from HR requesting a phone interview. Phone interview was to verify my submitted information gathered from application(availability, contact info, experience). At end of phone interview was asked to proceed with interview process by attending an Amazon hiring event for in-person interview, Interview was one on one with managers for upcoming warehouse. At end of interview was told if you did or did not receive job along with estimated work schedule and description of job. Immediately after interview attended a group orientation for the company where a drug test and consent forms for background checks were administered. Were notified within week of results from both tests.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult experience at work that resulted in a personal job performance being recognized for a good job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2011.

Interview

Very simple, the call you in you take a very basic skills test first to see if you identify certain products, read and understand bar-codes. Watch a video to explain what you are getting into. Then you go into a one on one interview. The questions are simple but somewhat misleading. You have to listen very careful and answer the question they actually asked.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

I was a conversion hire from seasonal to permanent. I worked as a seasonal employee for 6 months and kept my rate above required and never earned any points against me. When they started the conversion process I received a letter to inform me that I was accepted and needed to go online to fill out the application before attending the question and answer session which included a background check and drug test. When the results from those tests came back satisfactory I received my orientation date and attended orientation where I filled out my paperwork to be converted over to amazon associate.

Interview Questions

• no questions, though background checks take longer for some than for others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?