Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

1.4

264 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Joliet, IL).

Interview

They were doing a mass hiring for a new building. They only wanted to do a drug test and background check . Once you passed these test they send you an email

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Dedham, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Its quick you go fill out your i-9 then go into the facility have a quick orientation and drug test then you are played a series of job related videos to prep you for the work you will be doing

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Kenosha, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Sceduled a "interview" they showed a group of us a PowerPoint and did our drug tests. No questions or anything. They explained that it's hard work. They also had us pick shift preference. They only offered 3rd shift and that's not what I wanted but its an extra $1 an hour so it's $13.25 an hour for 3rd.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (San Marcos, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

super organized and simple. they tell you exactly what to expect and what you need to bring. they try not to make it horribly boring. after your presentation you go and pick out the schedule that works best for you and then go take your drug test and badge picture

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was all online. Application, then schedule interview which is just a hiring event. At the interview you take a mouth swab drug test that gets sent to the lab. You wait until you get an email saying you passed background check and drug test.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email after 2 weeks or so with a contingent offer of employment and scheduled my appointment. I showed up to my appointment and there were about 10-15 of people there, normal since Amazon hires in big groups. We were given a paper with all of the shifts available and were told to pick two of our desired shifts. Amazon is usually really great with giving you the schedule you picked(I got my first choice). There were stations of getting your picture taken for your badge, doing your background check, and drug screen. Process was extremely smooth and organized. I did my background check and took my picture, and went into the room where everyone took the drug test together. The lady explained how to do the drug test, since it is a little difficult and takes about 10 minutes. 2 days after my appointment, I got my drug screen results back and an official offer. The day after that, I got an email to choose my start date. The process went very fast for me, but I have heard of people who had to wait for 1-2 months to get their start date. This is most likely because the warehouse just recently opened and they were hiring thousands of people. Could be different in other places.

Overall, easy and simple process.

Interview Questions

• Can you be on your feet for 10 hours a day?

Can you lift up to 49 pounds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Florence, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process is non existent . Besides the assessment that is taken online they do not conduct a formal interview . This may be due to the amount of employees they have to hire and turn over rate . When you arrive you watch a video at which time any questions are answered. Then you move to pick a shift , complete any docs you didn't do at home , take picture , and complete drug test . When completing the last steps they did not call people based on time they showed up for the HIRE process instead just let people randomly come up . They should have a number process that will allow them assist on a first come basis . There should not be incentive for those who show up later or barley on time . Especially since that is when shifts are picked. They should also tell you amount of time to allot for the process especially since it took more than 90 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (San Bernardino, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

If you pass the assessment test in the application process you will receive an email inviting you to schedule an appointment for a hiring event. No interview. Check in at your scheduled time, give them the items they ask you to bring (Driver license, SSN card etc...), then they take to a room to view a short video about Amazon and its benefits. Your picture will be taken for your prospective ID badge and you will do your own drug test (oral swab). While you take the drug test you will fill out the paperwork that will accompany the test. Fill the paperwork out properly because the responsibility is solely yours that your drug test is packaged properly and all the information is correct. You will also be asked to choose three shifts from a paper they give you. You get your ID back and your done. You will be contacted by email if you have passed the drug and background checks and told to look for another email to schedule your new hire orientation. This could take a few weeks so be patient.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Easiest thing ever. I applied online and was offered an appointment for the next day. There was nothing out of the ordinary, I just entered all my information and they didn't even ask for my employment history.

Interview Questions

• None! You just fill out the application online and take the assessment test and that's it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Windsor, CT).

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview. I was given an online assessment to complete which took about 20 mins. There was also a very casual interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable walking for long periods of time?   Answer Question