Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Warehouse Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Chester, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

All you have to do is talk to a operations manager briefly if you are doing direct hire instead of through the staffing agency Integrity Staffing Solutions. They will accept you 99% of the time as long as you attend the PAID orientation,pass background check and pass the mouth swab drug test.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift at least 50lbs with no problem?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Concord, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

There was no interview. I simply applied online and recieved an email about a month and a half later stating that they would like to meet with me for an orientation. At the orientation I administered my own drug test and recieved my pay and schedule information. About 4 days later I recieved another email that stated I met all requirements and I would need to attend a new hire orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon (Inglewood, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a management company. Got a call a few days ago to come in for an interview at the warehouse location. When I got there there were about eight other candidates filling out their applications on the computer and a couple of people were waiting to either be interviewed or drug tested. Basically, all they ask in the interview is why do you want to work for Amazon and then they refer to your application and if you put you can't lift 50lbs or more you will NOT get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Basic Skills and drug test fallowed by basic information and paid orientation and safety training. The company is very serious about safety so they are very thourogh with their training.

Interview Questions

• What is this a movie poster of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to choose my shift.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Amazon in September 2012.

Interview

First before anything a lot of employees have to work through a temp service and a slim number get hired on directly through amazon itself. After you're hired by the temp service you have to perform your job to the best of your ability and hit a daily rate in either pack, pick ,stow etc.If you are up to performance and can hit the rate you might be eligible for employment through amazon. After hired you will receive benefits, a pay raise ever six months and will receive a raise up to $15 per hour as a tier one employee unless you get a promotion to tier 3 which I find honestly hard to do. Favorites come into play here and only very few employees get this change to advance within amazon.

Interview Questions

• "Can I advance in here or will I stay where I am now with the company"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Haslet, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Haslet, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Included, 1 phone interview back in Feb 2013, a panel interview and 1:1 with senior manager around June 2013 in a hotel, and then an orientation shortly after panel interview if not same day.

Negotiation

There isn't one. It was a take it or leave it scenario despite prior work experience.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring is through a temporary employment agency. Periodic "conversions" offer employment to those who are considered solid workers. The company seems to not enjoy as good a reputation as they might like. It seems many aspirants to employment decide to move on rather than deal with the issues/problems inherent with Amazon.

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Middletown, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

Filled out forms online. Communicated by email. Came in for brain washing videos then some more videos. Listened to some bogus speeches from employees ranging from scared to very obnoxious. Each step of the process was very painfully delayed. Total process took about two months and three trips. HR people to their credit tried to explain the environment as best they could but having no real experience their talking fell flat and had no credibility.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone and I was invited to the job fair they were having. I went to the job fair and met with a recruiter and was offered the job on the spot. The challenging part of it was that I didn't start work for 2 months from my initial phone screen. At that point they were not in a hurry to start anyone. Overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Tracy, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Sat me in a room, told me "are you sure you can do this job?" (im a girl, and very girly, so Im assuming he didnt think I would be a good fit for a general labor position) next thing I know, literally 3 minutes later I am doing orientation, very fast and easy process..

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can do this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dont take it, Amazon sucks.