Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Rialto, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with a manager one on one. Got asked 5 questions while they summarized your answer on a paper. Be very specific with your answers by naming a specific place and the situation and the outcome of your action. If they ask you to stay and get taken into another room you passed the interview and are onto the drug pee test, and signing papers. If they tell you they will call you in a few weeks then you were not chosen to move forward with the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time when you were working on something, got interrupted, how did you handle it?   1 Answer
  • When was a time where you changed your teams attitude... what did you do, how did it go?   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you made a mistake, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

There wasn't one. They'll hire just about anybody that doesn't have a record. All you have to do is go up there, fill out the application on a computer, and take a stupid personality assessment. After that they'll take everyone that's their to do the mouth swab drug test, and if you pass that you get a job. Although they do not specify which position you got until your first day. And the back ground check takes weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Middletown, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview process was nothing, it was not a management level job, the hiring and firing process runs through the whole year at Amazon for the warehouse workers. it was just an offer and i accepted it

Interview Questions

• the only thing asked was if you could lift, push or pull the weight upto 25lbs to 30 lbs   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Hiring for Amazon temp employees is done through SMX staffing. Everyone is hired that can show their high school transcript showing you graduated, social security card and drivers lic.and pass a saliva drug test on the same day as your interview.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember the questions but there were only 3 .   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (San Antonio, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Short and very laid back interview. They asked why your work ethic was important to the customer experience. I dressed up for the interview but most candidates did not. It is likely that if you get the interview you will be hired if it is during peak season. Select a shift preference during the interview and you will be called back with a training start date.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Hired through a different company. Apply, go to offices for an interview, get hired, go through orientation and tests. You have to sit in the offices for hours waiting to go through the aptitude testing process, then sit and wait for someone to five you an interview, then go through a drug test and finally wnd up at oriwntation and training at the warehouse which takes one session.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

I was hired in as a temporary worker with Integrity staffing. I worked for 3 months and was then converted to a full time employee with Amazon. The interviewing process was not difficult at all and only lasted about 10 minutes. The manager who interviewed me was very friendly and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• What would you to improve the function of my current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

My experience mimicked the first post. Despite numerous inquiries via phone prior 1st interview regarding documentation, I was advised to bring only specific documents and leave others. Only needed 2 of the 5 items requested. Was successful during the first interview and offered a 2nd with an actual Amazon recruiter. Dressed appropriately in shirt, tie, slacks... The interviewer read me the same questions as the staffing agency rep (saw the form). Was energetic and thought I had aced the interview. Was told would be taken to the next station. After waiting again to sit down was introduced to the "Integrity" staffer who mumbled something about Amazon not deciding to "move to the next step". But, was offered an appointment in the Phoenix office the next week to take the assessment and review my documentation. When I balked stating I had already completed the process and did not understand the goal of the appointment, his co-worker piped in to say Amazon opted not to provide me a full time position at that time. However, the staffing agency is still providing temporary employees to Amazon and I would be seeking one of those positions. Unemployed and not wanting burn any bridges, I accepted the appointment (still in the future). Like the first poster, I traveled 60 miles round trip twice only to be left hanging. Being a former warehouse manager with years of experience and a myriad of job experiences, I cannot see how I was not fully qualified for an entry position. Perhaps Amazon is hiring a select few. Oh, after almost 3 weeks of the interview process, the Amazon rep told me they were not filling positions for another 6 weeks and out. I'll post results of the next "interview".

Interview Questions

• Was asked twice regarding specifics where I made a change or recommendation that made a significant difference in my team being able to exceed their goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

Amazon interviews where held at a hotel 30 miles away, they ask several senario questions such as Tell me a time when you had a bad conflict and how did you handle it? Tell me a time when you had a good manger and bad manger and why? How can amazon make your life lucky or unlucky? Tell me a time when you had to go against your supervisor and why? Why did you leave your last employer?
    The interview process took 2 hrs and they take your photo for your ID badge. If you pass the 1st interview anda timed skills test you will be invited to another face to face interview at the same location. I think I did pretty well since I passed and got a 2nd interview that start Aug 2. My advice is they do not want you to give long answers at the inteview be short and sweet to the point and percise.The interview is harder than the pc skills test a child can pass that test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a bad conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to go against your supervisor and why?   Answer Question
    • How will Amazon factor into your life as unlucky or luck and how?   Answer Question
    • Have you had a coworker that was dishonest as in stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied through the website I actually read in the newspaper. 2 days later, I received a call about setting up an interview. I called the number back that I was given and realized that it was a hot line. There were only 2 options: where to leave questions for the Amazon recruiter and where to talk to a rep from the staffing agency if you needed to apply in their office if you didn't have a computer. It was confusing for me but I knew their website had a chat function so I logged on there and talked with a rep who told me to just call the number and somebody would eventually pick up. So I called back and waited...and waited....and waited 15 minutes before realizing that no one was picking up so I pressed option 2, after the previous time I called and pressed option 1 and no one called me back when I left a message. I got a hold of a person who told me where the interview would be, in a city of course 30 miles away. I didn't get the option at that time to choose what time I wanted to come in, wasn't even aware that you could. I didn't end up going the first time because I just wasn't sure if this was a job I wanted to take, something where I wanted to be driving over a hundred miles both ways. I didn't take the second interview time I set up either but did figure 3rd time's the charm. I showed up and felt like a complete moron. After talking to the staffing rep the 2nd time, she told me to show up in jeans, sneakers, and a comfortable t-shirt, so that's exactly what I did. Everyone else: In business suits. Thanks Integrity Staffing on that one! I was a little freaked because I thought the guy said that only official transcripts were being accepted and all I brought was my unofficial one, luckily it had my graduation date on it so they accepted it. Then you sit in 3 rows of about 15 or so chairs. 5 people get to sit on the computer taking the skills test while you wait for your turn. It was, overall, child's play. It was the most ridiculously easy test and I finished with a 20/20 in under 4 minutes. I watched an older gentlemen sitting there reading the instructions for about 10-15 minutes before beginning and I was starting to feel sorry for him before I got my turn. I also watched an African American male take his time on his and then the computer went back to the first screen. He raised his hand and told the pre-screening guys that his computer shut off in the middle of the test. They checked and he actually ran out of time so they had to disqualify him. Then after the skills test, you went and sat on the other side of the room and read these gold and blue sheets on the full job description and Integrity Staffing's policies, which left me confused because when I talked with the lady for my first interview, she said it was a direct hire position, so why do I have to worry about Integrity's drug testing policy? Then once you're done reading that (and hitting them up for free soda and candy), they pull you into another room which is bound to throw you off because they have people just separated with not even walls, just dividers and you can hear everybody's answers to the interviewer's questions. I actually sat longer in the first room, watching this one interviewer just gossiping with the lady at the desk next to hers and making eye contact with her awkwardly, while people who finished the test after me got pulled in to do theirs, even though I had finished reading my paperwork. It turned out that Miss Gossip was actually my interviewer. Awesome! :( She pulled me in, sat me down, and then immediately ran back over to gossip with her desk mate real quick. Not a great first impression. Then she comes over, starts asking me the 10-15 questions she's supposed to 'grade' me on, and which I can hear other people answering and just tailoring my answers to what they say. She asked me this question that I didn't really understand and I can't remember exactly what it was but it was along the lines of, "How have you dealt with directions from management?" It sounded almost like an unfinished question the way she asked it and when I tried to get her to clarify, she wouldn't really so I just had to BS my way through that question. She had me sitting there awkwardly for 5 minutes while she 'graded' my answers and then handed me a piece of paper for another interview August 4th. She also told me that I should show up in business casual that time while I struggled not to tell her that it was her stupid staffing agency that told me it was OK to wear what I was wearing in the first place. She also handed me an application to fill out and sent me to the back of the room, where they had a table, chairs, and pens to do so. I felt that it was an overall crappy experience because I felt like she was looking through me, even though she told me she was going to do look like she wasn't paying attention to me as she asked me questions, and I didn't really feel a connection with her.