Amba Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.1

AVP-Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amba Research (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard HR interview initially and senior people interviews then with country head and final interview. Interview covers mainly equity, debt and macro economy. finally got the offer, but did not take it.

Interview Questions

Interview

1 technical test and 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• test was highly quantitative and quite difficult. questions in stat, math, some finance. interview rounds consisted of HR, technical and final (offer acceptance) which were average.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, it was above industry standards

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amba Research.

Interview

3 telephonic rounds. mostly about your education and Previous company experience. nothing out of the box questions. Actually they want to hire some Top tier Grads at that time to show their clients. so, nothing much you can contribute at that time.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amba Research (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 3 round -

1st round is aptitude test based on financial concept like ratio, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow, capm, wacc etc.

2nd round is cash study round where they given NIKE( cost of capital) case study.

3rd round is personal interview, i cant comment on this as i am not able to clear 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question like to find out ATR, Formula of Ke, operating profit etc.
      in case study they asked to calculate CAPM, WACC.
      Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amba Research (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Three rounds Viz Financial Aptitude Test, Technical Interview & HR

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amba Research.

Interview

Amba research came to campus for placement. The process involved 3 rounds. First was a 30 questions 45 minutes test based on accountancy and basic corporate finance. Second round involved a case study on Nike based on valuation and a stance had to be taken on whether the stock was overvalued or undervalued or fairly valued. 3rd round was the interview. There were 2 guys and an HR lady. The interview was mostly technical based on equity research and on my resume. The lady asked few questions about my family, my weakness and whether i have any location problem.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amba Research (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interviewer askes question in the area which you claim to be proficient. Just google the first 2 link of the topics.

Negotiation

They have fixed pay and are not negotiable

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Amba Research (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

good communication gave a test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amba Research (Colombo (Sri Lanka)).

Interview

The resume will be shortlisted and you get a call , they can ask basic HR questions and other questions related to the economic updates.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Interview

You go through various rounds of tests related to your written and spoken english, attention to detail and financial skillset. You go through at least 2 interviews where you may be asked technical questions related to finance. Your attitude as well as your performance make the difference.

Interview Questions

• In which of these 3 companies with x characteristics would you invest and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will be straight forward about the rules of the game and they will usually offer the low end of the salary scale...meaning you can negotiate a little salary increase.