Amber Road Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amber Road Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.4

Support Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amber Road.

Interview

Right from the start, the support manager was friendly and open concerning the expectations of all employees. With each employee I interviewed with I found them to be very supportive of each other.

Interview Questions

• Had you ever performed upgrades/hotfixes on a system? What difficulties did you encounter during the process?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amber Road (Tysons Corner, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly typical. First you are put through a phone screening followed by an in-person. This in-person interview will consist of your immediate boss, and a fellow technical consultant who will ask very general and EASY questions regarding experience and technical knowledge. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing for this position is what they are looking for. What you may think you lack in technical skill will be out-weighed in client facing abilities, and therefore being personable is a key for the process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and straight forward process. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wiggle room for initial offer was ~10% increase

Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

too many hidden things which is not clear till the time you join actually. out of the context questions. interviewers are more interested in person views than the actual skills required for the job

Software QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via a consultancy. Interview consisted three rounds, all were technical. They are looking for person to be flexible to work on both Manual and Automation.
    Then after second round itself they talked about the expectation, when can join etc. and then was told that as Today VP is not available there will be one last round with him.
    Now, I was told to expect general questionnaire in that round and I thought I am almost selected as VP round is last in many companies and they don't ask questions hr related before making their mind to take up the candidate.

But wait for it there was one more detailed technical round after VP round, and I really don't understand that why any candidate would be interested to understand about what you do and how you do it and what your organization is all about when his/her mind would be more focused on what is his/her status right now ? like is he/she selected that is why all this things are being discussed with him/her in detailed or what ?
    And they said we are not using any script work for automation, its key word driven we are following up here. No scripting, we are not much into that but ironically you are expected to have good command on anything java, selenium etc.

So, after all this your mind should be still fresh to give in depth technical round and then they will ask you to sit outside, you will be hearing from the security to leave for the day.
    So, this totals up your two days waiting hours for your turn and then it is just not enough

Interview Questions

• what framework you are using, manual testing basics, java questions, webdriver classes, testng framework , sql join, almost everything and anything   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Waste of time. The recruiter is not clear about most of the core java concepts. I really suspect that they are conducting interviews for time pass or is there some hidden agenda behind this.
    And the person is sitting with a laptop and he is looking into that while asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked few basic questions. But the thing that shocked me was the person don't even know what a quick sort is. Asked to write a sorting program.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

interview is good, i have given 3 round face to face, 1 round was technical round face to race,
    2 round was also technical and 3rd round was also technical. thanks to glassdoor for giving a good information about interview

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2technical rounds. Asked basic core java and angular isquestions like what is scope model viw etc. 1HR round. Asked about background and previous company projects worked on. And why amber etc etc. And asked for negotiation of notice period from 3months to alter 2months

Interview Questions

• Programming to find 4th largest salary in a list.
      Difference between abstract class and interface
      What is scope ,controller,model,view
      What is angular js
      Collection concepts
      Threshold
      Threads and exceptions
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I a letter to negotiate my notice period to 3months only. Company is good to attend

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview scheduled for so many people at same time interview process is smooth but not sure what the expectations even though answered all the questions basic questions in depth concept

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Three Technical rounds one after the other.
    I cleared first two technical rounds. But in third round they asked me to explain OOPS concepts, after this i was told to leave for the day.
    One of the worst company. Please don't go for this company. They will conduct interviews only to increase the popularity of their company.

Interview Questions

• Program to convert Roman number to Decimal number and some scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Amber Road (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got to know from Avansys Consultant.
    They told me 2 technical + 1 managerial round and this will be done only on weekdays.
    Attended first round, very basic java questions for 7 years experienced, after the interview got over panel asked me to wait in meeting room, after 5 mins security came to room and asked me to leave. I told I needed feedback for 1st round, he just told me consulting people will call back. When i asked Avansys they told me they will ask company and come back with feedback.

After 2 days i got call from Avansys for second round since I had cleared 1st round, I attended second round, again another panel took interview asking few basic questions in Java. At one point of time panel was so arrogant even though I told the right answer, he was arguing that I was wrong. Another basic level of java questionaire got over and as usual security asked me to leave.

After this round no call from Avansys, even though I sent some email, no response. Wasted 2 days for this unethical interview process.

Interview Questions

• Differnce between Abstract class and interface
      Singleton